40k To Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
This as been niggling me for years since the pigs done it but could we ever take that many to Wembley I know loads were part timers but do we have the part time fan base to take 40k I’m sure I read somewhere we struggled with 34k for the Huddersfield game.

End the years of niggling, look at the league table and smile. Hopefully we won't find out this season if we can take 40,000 to Wembley !

This as been niggling me for years since the pigs done it but could we ever take that many to Wembley I know loads were part timers but do we have the part time fan base to take 40k I’m sure I read somewhere we struggled with 34k for the Huddersfield game.

The problem is, that both clubs only ever get circa 35k. The rest is ‘corporate’. So for every 1000 tickets that we wouldn’t sell, the opposition would get that 1000. The fact pigs got 40k was because they were playing a side that couldn’t sell their allocation.

So unless we play a team who don’t sell tickets, we won’t get 40k.

Irrelevant post...

There will be no Wembley trip for the league winners

Premier League stayers forever

And

FA Cup finalists get a shit allocation

I think we will go up autos but I mean theoretically if we played hull and they didn’t sell their allocation could we sell the extra or would we just have the Facebook fans who moan when they can’t get a ticket with a 3,500 allocation

It was the 2005 Play off final. Hartlepool sold less than 17000 tickets so there was plenty of scope for 40000 pigs, They actually didn't hit 40K, think the only team that did was Bristol Rovers

It was the 2005 Play off final. Hartlepool sold less than 17000 tickets so there was plenty of scope for 40000 pigs, They actually didn't hit 40K, think the only team that did was Bristol Rovers

Wembley didn't exist in 2005.

No chance, cost alone for tickets/travel/drinks/food will put a lot of people off (understandable)

Wednesday may have more fans that come out of the woodwork and so what ?

There’s me and another blade at work that go and 5 Wendy that don’t bother unless it’s a £10 a ticket job, even then only 1 goes.

I’ve been on the 120 back to Fulwood after a few games and a fair few students are on who’ve been to the Lane. Maybe the tide is turning. Would they go to Wembley though ?

You see, I can’t comprehend why after a fantastic run of results by our brilliant team culminating in beating the Scum and hitting the automatic spots again with 8 to play, any Blade would give a toss how many the Pigs took to Wembley in the play offs.

Seems to me that this really is a strange time to start a new thread on the subject, especially if it’s niggled away at you for years. All it does is big up the Pork and raise a subject matter (the play offs) that most Blades don’t even want to contemplate right now surely?. Guess you must have your reasons.

You see, I can’t comprehend why after a fantastic run of results by our brilliant team culminating in beating the Scum and hitting the automatic spots again with 8 to play, any Blade would give a toss how many the Pigs took to Wembley in the play offs.

Seems to me that this really is a strange time to start a new thread on the subject, especially if it’s niggled away at you for years. All it does is big up the Pork and raise a subject matter (the play offs) that most Blades don’t even want to contemplate right now surely?. Guess you must have your reasons.
Let the pork think what they want all I genuinely care about is that we go up at just wanted a fans prospective who go a hell of a lot more than me if they think we could manage it

Let the pork think what they want all I genuinely care about is that we go up at just wanted a fans prospective who go a hell of a lot more than me if they think we could manage it

I believe the standard play-off final allocation is 38.5K, so unless the other team can’t sell their 38K, then no club ever receives 40K.
For some reason we got an extra (I think) 600 against Burnley but only because we were at the end where they could release extra tickets.

How did you know that the 2020/21 champions league final will be at Wembley? Didn’t think it was announced yet :confused:

Did we not both get 40,000 tickets for the FA Cup semi final? Seem to remember reading at the time that it was the biggest movement of people between 2 UK cities since the 1st world war.

The worst one was Palace away when that fucker Hopkins decided to curl one past Trace in the last minute.

Versus Wolves at Cardiff is the benchmark against which all other Play-Off Final heartbreaks are measured. The others, whilst each possessing their own peculiar soul destroying pain, fall short of Cardiff. That was the real kick in the balls. :(

Back
Top Bottom