Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Dnblade

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

Started brightly firstv10/15 minutes,looked encouraging,but then started to lose our way making bad decisions and losing possession..never really tested their keeper really disappointing, but roll on next season.
  2. Dnblade

Blades v Chelsea - Match Highlights

Great pass wasn't it,and with his left foot..midfield were good today,and Anel and Bogle were the other standouts for me.
  3. Dnblade

Paddy Buckley

I remember him as sub a lot like has been mentioned..it was in the days of only1sub,and he got the odd run out on the left wing,but never held down a regular start.
  4. Dnblade

Better today

Good effort by the lads but lacking composure on the ball and turning it over to easily again,and putting ourselves under to much pressure.
  5. Dnblade

U21s v Peterborough live on youtube

Only seen the first half...good to see Marsh back + Sachdev, and watching Macedo...have we cloned illiman or something,he looks and plays very similar.
  6. Dnblade

U21s vs Swansea tonight

Yes remember Len,Bernard Shaw & Woody coming into the side,although not as successful under different Management the back end of the 70's with Keith,Stainrod,Kenworthy,Hamson..Still talented but we were on the slide at the time..always great to see home grown players coming through though.
  7. Dnblade

U21s vs Swansea tonight

Decent watch,young Tisdale looked decent and Evan Easton always impresses..some decent talent we've got coming through and great to see.
  8. Dnblade

Hamer's free kick

Yeah,he made that good driving run 2nd half,but does lose the ball sometimes, but tries to play forward and risks the ball a lot.
  9. Dnblade

Hamer's free kick

Surely someone was meant to peel away at the back of the pack of players..I thought Hamer did ok for the most part,but that was a waste.
  10. Dnblade

Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 25th February 2024

Unlucky today,that final pass shot wasn't there or just a bit hesitant at times,and if we'd have bagged those chances first half,would have been coming away with 3 points.
  11. Dnblade

Vini Souza

How many headers and clearances did he make,I couldn't keep count,won the ball used it well,got blocks in and great finish across the keeper.
  12. Dnblade

Match Thread Luton Town v. Sheffield United - 10th February 2024

Fantastic win,Souza immense..backs to the wall,not pretty,but got the job done.
  13. Dnblade

CONFIRMED Jill Buyabu signs new contract and joins Motherwell on loan

Well,hopefully does well for..errr Well. Coat's on.
  14. Dnblade

CONFIRMED John Fleck joins Blackburn Rovers permanently

Hope it works out at Blackburn for him...proper solid pro,and a key player over the years,will always be welcome at the Lane..GLTTL!
  15. Dnblade

Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

Strange game,and as mentioned the VAR decisions took far to long it was a joke,along with a shocking ref. Letting them keep possession was frustrating,with that narrow defensive shape and allowing them the space out wide. 5-2 was a bit harsh though for me,as we had chances and some good...
  16. Dnblade

Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

Wouldn't mind a cup run... I thought the Kop would be closed tbh..That United website has a mind of it's own,i'm sure i clicked on Lane upper,and ended up with Kop seats.😀
  17. Dnblade

Match Thread FA Cup: Gillingham v. Sheffield United - 6th January 2024

Good result,not sure what happened as went to Wakefield v Harrogate Railway. Good to hear Osula on the scoresheet though,and a win and clean sheet..UTB!
  18. Dnblade

Villa 1 United 1 - report

With the hindsight of watching the goal back on the highlights,Trusty was marking Doran who was furthest to our left on the back stick,Lowe was inside him and Robbo to his right..only when the cross is played he tries to get across to make a challenge,but Zanollo had the run on him coming from...
  19. Dnblade

Roy's View From... View From Villa

Yes very similar FF,but pigs surpass everyone in delusions of grandeur. Results not really gone our way today,but well done Cardiff for cheering us up.
  20. Dnblade

Roy's View From... View From Villa

These Aston fans sound like the deluded from S6 if those comments are anything to go by. They didn't look like a team challenging for top 4 on that showing,we must have made them look bad.
  21. Dnblade

Are we going to stick with the present formation/system?

Yeah,we kept a good shape..541 tonight and made it hard for Villa to get through us or behind us...Wilder keeps tweaking things,and Hamer and Mcatee were good subs and got us into more forward areas,and great play by Hamer setting up Archer..pity it wasn't the winner
  22. Dnblade

CONFIRMED Yasser Larouci

Did ok tonight,and surprised to see him start, and he's definitely got something going forward. Brooks has helped to beef up that left hand side helping out.
  23. Dnblade

100 minutes

Would have taken a point at kick off,but conceding late seems like a defeat. Don't know where 9 minutes comes from,but good away performance,need to back it up with a win v Luton now.
  24. Dnblade

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Villa

Aston 0 United 1 (Archer 90+10)🏹
  25. Dnblade

What is our formation?

Against Liverpool it looked like 4321/433 with Osula the furthest forward,more christmas tree shape,flanked by Mcatee on the right ,Archer on the left. Midfield was Hamer RCM,Souza CM centre,Brooks LCM and a back 4 of Bogle,Anel,Robbie,Trusty. Similar v Brentford but looked like Brooks often...
  26. Dnblade

Frank Barlow and Geoff Salmons

Frank seemed to be in and around the first team,and not sure he ever consistently nailed down a place from memory. Remember Geoff coming in on the left wing and struggled at first,but with a run in the team became a really good player...gutted when he went to Stoke.
  27. Dnblade

Hamer

Hopefully we'll see us profit from someone getting on the end of one v Chelsea. His work rate is second to none,must have covered every blade of grass,and some great forward passes through the lines to the likes of Archer and Mcatee..looks at home in this new shape in that RCM role.
  28. Dnblade

LWB/LB

Yeah I looked at the subs when the line ups came out,and thought,how many left backs do we need...Caught a bit of Wilder on Talk Sport this morning,and mentioned moving some players on,and getting some in,so should be a bit of movement in the JTW.
  29. Dnblade

Hamer

He put a couple of good free kicks angled across to the far post v Liverpool,but nobody seemed committed enough to get on the end of them...Overall I think he's been ok,always works hard and when it's not happening on the ball,he still works hard off it for me..more to come from him I think and...
  30. Dnblade

David Powell

Sad to hear,him and Eddie were a good partnership before he got the injury..remember he turned out for Wales a few times along with Gil Reece..RIP.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom