Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. sunny_jimbob

Bottom 6 taking shape

I think a lot of people underestimate just how strong Florist were at home last season. I'd have been surprised to take anything from that, and we weren't far off a point. When we play them at the Lane it's a different kettle of fish, but they took a lot of scalps at the City Ground.
  2. sunny_jimbob

Roy's View From... View From Reading

"Reality is sheff u are a far better side with a much bigger squad. That tends to lead to then winning the game" I guess this one didn't see the back of the programme. They have almost double the squad list!
  3. sunny_jimbob

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

Having just read through all of pommpey's musings, I'd appreciate it if you could rephrase "so I came across quite a few..."
  4. sunny_jimbob

What's your dullest anecdote about meeting a footballer?

I was playing Christmas carols with my brass band in the foyer of Ecclesall Road Waitrose. Johnny Ertl walked past with his Mrs and a trolley full of shopping. He dropped some coins in the collection bucket.
  5. sunny_jimbob

Go where the defenders aren’t

Also the reason Kieron Freeman scored so many goals in the League 1 promotion season. Constantly popping up in a space at the back post and so often the ball just came straight through to him.
  6. sunny_jimbob

Roy's View From... Everton Fans Views On Robin Olsen

A Swedish friend thinks he's a great signing for us and doesn't know why he wasn't picked up "by a big club". Thinks he should give the defence a lot of confidence, which is exactly what they need!
  7. sunny_jimbob

CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

As impressive as this thread is, I don't think we can compete with the regurgitating Twitter journos and ITKers.
  8. sunny_jimbob

CONFIRMED Kasper Lopata has signed

*5,000 Poles
  9. sunny_jimbob

BladesPod - Whole Squad Player Ratings - and 3 players to upgrade on for next year

Ah, excellent. That should see me through the next few dog walks - looking forward to listening 😊
  10. sunny_jimbob

Berge - The New Coutts?

In Norwegian you pronounce the E at the end, but kind of "Berg - eh". But Burger is close enough, and he said when he signed he was OK with Burj 😂 Love the guy, growing into his role and seems a proper nice lad. My Norwegian colleagues were thrilled when we signed him.
  11. sunny_jimbob

CONFIRMED Sander Berge

https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/news-archive/?&tags=Ben%20Osborn Ben Osborn originally 😂
  12. sunny_jimbob

Roy's View From... View From Man Utd

Sweet, sweet music.
  13. sunny_jimbob

Facebook: Jason Lucas

I'm seeing something like the Mystery Guest round on Question of Sport, and I love it!
  14. sunny_jimbob

Incoming? Gary Madine

Today's lesson: look for the blue "Verified" tick. Noted!
  15. sunny_jimbob

Incoming? Gary Madine

16. sunny_jimbob

Championship play-off final

I think these two posts sum it up perfectly.
  17. sunny_jimbob

Let’s not laugh at Leeds...

Double the entertainment for me. At my brass band we have a very vocal Leeds fan on tuba, who has been giving plenty of lip all season long. Firstly it was great fun to follow the score at Wednesday night's rehearsal and watch his reaction, but the cherry on the cake came last night when our...
  18. sunny_jimbob

An odd fact that I didn't know

Well of course it was bloody Walsall. Bloody Walsall!
  19. sunny_jimbob

That man Freeman

...and a great knack of popping up at the back post at exactly the right moment, hence the ten goals in the promotion season. I felt we missed that almost as much as we missed Coutts last season.
  20. sunny_jimbob

John Egan

I had no idea of Obama's Irish connection until I unsuspectingly pulled off the M7 into the Barack Obama Motorway Service Plaza. Laughed my head off, then did some research to find out why on earth this place was named such, stuck in the middle of rural Ireland!
  21. sunny_jimbob

Wedding at the sty...

I did a few Open University exams there, always made sure to wear a United shirt on those days. Always got an interesting reaction asking for assistance at the desk, and got chatting to several other local football fans while waiting to go in. A great ice breaker!
  22. sunny_jimbob

The Chairmen...

Standard reaction to anything praising United. They're not brainwashed, honest.
  23. sunny_jimbob

Best Championship Kits - East Anglian Daily Times

Odd that he slates Barnsley's sponsor logo for being too high, but really rates Leeds where it's practically under the chin!
  24. sunny_jimbob

Billy and Leon update

That's the trouble with this forum. Someone asks a serious question, but for some the urge to ruin the thread with weak puns is only a whim away, a whim away...
  25. sunny_jimbob

Do you work in a Unitedite or Wednesdayite office?

There's only two of us in my office, and the other isn't interested in football, so despite working in Chapeltown I'm fairly OK. And anyway, I'll be in Swindon next week! Looking at the wider company, we have one Norwegian Liverpool fan (who actually played as a pro for Strømsgodset in the...
  26. sunny_jimbob

Blades Quiz

177. Depressing that I got Ian Hamilton but couldn't for the life of me remember Rob Hulse's last name!
  27. sunny_jimbob

Incoming? John Marquis

Has this been rumoured for ages, and we've been misunderstanding "Marquee signing" the whole time? Talk about hiding in plain sight...
  28. sunny_jimbob

S2 and Bladesmad end of season awards

1.Player Of The Season :- Jamie Murphy 2.Young Player Of The Season :- Harry Maguire 3.Most Improved Player :- Jamie Murphy by a hair from Doyle since coming back from suspension 4.Best Signing:- John Brayford, such an unexpected signing and a statement of intent 5.Best Team Performance Of The...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom