Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. ZoneManWilf

our rubbed out goal by VAR

Interesting, that answers my question too. Has the law always been like that? It feels like it was different to when I learned it in the 80s! So regardless of the relatively recent accidental/deliberate split from when it comes off a defender, had the law never mentioned that the ball needs to...
  2. ZoneManWilf

I'd be interested to know if Anel's initial header had gone backwards away from goal and then headed back towards goal inadvertently by the Brighton player if that would have been offside. If so then it feels really weird to me.
  3. ZoneManWilf

Not that it matters in the context of this game, but I imagined the 'unintentional/deflected off a defender' portion of the law as it stands should only apply if the ball is originally going forward from a pass/header/shot from the attacking team. eg. An attacking player has a shot, it deflects...
  4. ZoneManWilf

Scoring twice in quick succession

Have we ever scored a more offside goal than that 2nd?
  5. ZoneManWilf

A few Graphs & Comments re Wilder v Hecky

I'd give you an extra like if possible for the use of "Notts" Forest, because they hate it 🙂
  6. ZoneManWilf

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Palace

Sounds like they are in disarray, hope Wilder has us up for this, could be a decent chance for actual away points. Especially with new signing Johnston and his long throws...
  7. ZoneManWilf

CONFIRMED Ivo Grbic signs for the Blades

Is he eligible for today?
  8. ZoneManWilf

The Arse

Convenient for the Arsenal fans.
  9. ZoneManWilf

Roy's View From... Villarreal and Blackburn Fans Views On Ben Brerton-Diaz

Just got to hope Villarreal is Spanish for Coventry
  10. ZoneManWilf

BladesPod - latest episodes

Thanks for the pod, the usual great listen 🙂 Regarding why we don't have a match next week, it's the Premier League mid season 'break' where they play a full fixture week over 2 weeks to give players a mini break. The West Ham fixture being moved is just changing which week we get the break in...
  11. ZoneManWilf

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Villa

Pigs took more than us to Wembley, doesn't make them right.
  12. ZoneManWilf

Six of the Best - The Best Performances Seen at The Lane

Same for me, this period was the best I've ever seen a United team play. The team picked itself, the system was at its best, lots of players were at their peak including when Mousse looked like he was becoming an elite striker, Jack O'C was a colossus, Enda and George were the best wingback...
  13. ZoneManWilf

Roy's View From... View From Brentford

From when we played them opening day a few years ago when we got up to the Champ and talking to a few of them in the pub - they were the exactly the same.
  14. ZoneManWilf

The Great Escape

Whilst we're drinking the cool-aid, can that match on 4th May also consign Forest to relegation as well please? :)
  15. ZoneManWilf

Never played for Wilder

Did Archer play for him at Boro?
  16. ZoneManWilf

CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

One of CW's first jobs is to give Anel a kick up the arse and refocused on fulfilling his potential.
  17. ZoneManWilf

CONFIRMED Wilder Confirmed

This is clearly the easy option, it's backward thinking, and proves the running of the club is a fucking shambles at the moment, that any long term plan is out of the window, and further evidence that the ownership situation is a mess. But. There's a bit of me that remembers the good times...
  18. ZoneManWilf

Jags !!!

One of the games they did that yes... They're not called the seat smashers for nothing
  19. ZoneManWilf

Final straw?

I don't think a managerial change is a given, and a large problem is that it isn't clear which direction we need to go. A stop gap is pointless as we are 95% down. If it's someone longer term it needs more thought and I'd have no confidence in our current decisions makers for that either. That...
  20. ZoneManWilf

Sliding Doors, Oldham and Freeman

Good away day that, just glad to be winning a match after the prior season shit show!
  21. ZoneManWilf

BladesPod - latest episodes

Rant was a great listen and bang on the money!
  22. ZoneManWilf

Sliding Doors, Oldham and Freeman

Just looking at their history. In the almost 30 years since they got relegated from the Prem in 1994, they've never been promoted and only got in the playoffs twice, losing in the semis both times. That level of mediocrity is actually quite hard to achieve, at least we've had ups as well as downs.
  23. ZoneManWilf

Paul Rodgers

Was only £35k, a brilliant signing in the scheme of things. Consistent, athletic, box to box midfielder and chipped in a few goals too. Could do with him now...
  24. ZoneManWilf

Darblade/Ainsley Harriott RIP

RIP Ains, very sad news 😢
  25. ZoneManWilf

Ball Sup Blog... v Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)

Love a good zone man chat. I think reading back from the 1990 situation, actually both Wilf and Jock were zones, Jock at the front post, Wilf at the back.
  26. ZoneManWilf

Roy's View From... View From Wolves

Have a like purely for the use of the term "yam yams"
  27. ZoneManWilf

3-5-2

3-4-2-1 was the second half formation and that's what we look best in, because we cater for our deficiencies in midfield athleticism and passing with an extra man. Means we'll not create much, but that's no difference to 3-5-2 really, and means we can get McAtee and Hamer in the same team.
  28. ZoneManWilf

McAtee

The lad's class, amazing touch and close control, got a big future ahead of him.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom