Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Sheffsteel

How disconnected have you been/are you.

The weird disassociation of this season has reminded me a little of the covid lock down season. Most matches have felt a bit like friendlies because there's almost nothing to play for. Even when we score.....it's not the same excitement because you know we'll concede and still lose. Next...
  2. Sheffsteel

Not So Long Ago - Never Like This

That might be your opinion but the facts show it's far from ruined. In fact it's never been as popular in the UK and especially around the world. Several clubs have raised prices but still have massive waiting lists for season tickets. Arsenal's season tickets are £1000 but they still have a ST...
  3. Sheffsteel

Do you trust Wilder to rebuild the squad?

Ben Beriton Daz has been a very good find, would like him to stay but suspect he'll be too expensive.
  4. Sheffsteel

Do you trust Wilder to rebuild the squad?

There are pro's and con's. The pro's to keep Wilder 1: Vast experience, knows the Championship well and has a track record of being promoted from that division. 2: He'll know what the problem is, so is the best person to do something about it. Where as someone new has to start from scratch. 3...
  5. Sheffsteel

Cameron Archer - Quite an achievement

but at the time virtually every Blades was desperate for us to show ambition and sign Brewster, McBurnine and Archer. It's called ambition, trying to buy players who have just performed really well but of course, they then cost more. The irony and it was the same with Warnock too, that when...
  6. Sheffsteel

The owner

But he's also got us promoted THREE times. As a club we're unrecognisable from when he bought us.
  7. Sheffsteel

New Manager Needed ?

Wilder is tried and tested building a great team playing great football from scratch. So he deserves a Summer pre-season to implement a system, so everyone learns and knows their roles. If we've mid table or below at Christmas then he should be sacked. Appreciate the results have been...
  8. Sheffsteel

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Nottingham Forest - 4th May 2024

If you were at the match you’d see we’ve been the better team and had the better chances. Just before they scored their goal and few of us on the Kop were saying losing 1-2 was an unfair scoreline as it should be 4-2 to us. Think Forest have only had 3 or 4 shots on target and scored 3...
  9. Sheffsteel

Is the Championship all that?

Attention seeker ha ha You do realise we'll have one of the bigger budgets (parachute payments) in the league next season....with many of the big earners off the books too. Some top quality youngsters will be 1 year older and better and several excellent at Championship level players will be...
  10. Sheffsteel

Is the Championship all that?

Tricky one to predict as there's strong grounds for positivity and also strong grounds for negativity. Next season is exciting because at the moment I haven't a clue what to expect...could go from one extreme to another. However if I had to bet money I expect mid table most of the season with a...
  11. Sheffsteel

Wilder is Adkins mark 2

He was initially really good at Boro playing good attacking football. It all went pear shaped after there were rumours that he was leaving Boro and going to Burnley. He refused to deny the rumours, inferring there was truth in them. Boro went into a downward spiral after those rumours.
  12. Sheffsteel

Wilder is Adkins mark 2

Adkins got hammered for being deluded. He was constantly upbeat and positive, whilst ignoring all the negatives. In the early days I used to enjoy his upbeat interviews. However after some disgraceful performances he was still always upbeat and always seemed happy. The penny dropped that he was...
  13. Sheffsteel

Mediocrity

Agree.....I'm surprised how little football is promoted in this city. The link below is for a brilliant site called "Sheffield home of football" The whole area around Bramall Lane used to have about 10 clubs playing in the early 1870's and several football pitches. Before Sheffield United FC...
  14. Sheffsteel

Mediocrity

We always come 17th to 19th biggest club in England based on big club statistics/ facts. So based on stature/ statistics/ facts if the PL (20 teams) were hand picked with the biggest clubs in England, then we would be in it. Big clubs statistics would be historical attendances, trophies, number...
  15. Sheffsteel

So - what’s going to happen next season and why ?

Basically I'm hoping for a repeat of the last time we were relegated from the Premier. They'll be too many changes over the Summer 24, so I have little expectation for next season, anything could happen, it's mainly about building foundations and building upwards. I'm hoping we see the fruits...
  16. Sheffsteel

So - what’s going to happen next season and why ?

It's an interesting question because it there's likely to be MASSIVE changes. So it go from one extreme (promotion) to the other (relegation). I've no idea how we'll perform next season....therefore in many ways it's more exciting. Hence why I've renewed my season tickets. The positives 1...
  17. Sheffsteel

Shame , Shame , Shame.

Last season fans of other clubs consistently said they can't believe we're near the top. The consensus from the masses was we were average Championship standard with the odd talented players who could score from nothing. Referring mainly to N'Diaye and Berge. Also thought Heckys pragmatism...
  18. Sheffsteel

#sacktheboard

If you sack the board then who runs the club? ha ha The owner wants to sell because he says he doesn't have enough money to invest. We have no choice but to sit tight and support the team. Next season will be interesting, haven't a clue how it will go.
  19. Sheffsteel

Match Thread Newcastle United v. Sheffield United - 27th April 2024

Think having Egan back will make a massive difference. Also we need a proper Summer pre-season preparation with some fit players.
  20. Sheffsteel

The thing that's strange is it's quite common for penalties to be tricky 50/50 type decisions. The protocol is VAR don't get involved in these "judgement" type decisions. If the ref gives a penalty, they go with it, if the ref doesnt give a penalty then they go with it. They should only become...
  21. Sheffsteel

Penalty for us.....even Mike Dean who watched a replay multiples times on Sky Sports News says it was a definite penalty. He said the contact started outside the area but the foul continues into the area....so definite penalty. VAR check takes ages...they ask the ref to come to the monitor and...
  22. Sheffsteel

Agree....Bogle and Anel have a great reputation in the Championship because they're rarely under pressure and have plenty of opportunities to attack. Just shows how much we've missed our normal ever present John Egan. It's been quite amazing how we've had so many long term injuries this season...
  23. Sheffsteel

Deep financial trouble ahead

It's 55% of the 110 million, so quite alot, then 45% of the 110 million so quite alot again. Thats why clubs in the Championship say they can't afford to compete with relegated PL clubs who are still receiving 50 mllion on 1 season. Anyhow I understood that a club had to stay up for at least a...
  24. Sheffsteel

CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

Agree....I reckon the US firm that are trying to market and sell SUFC have had an hand in this. Any US billionaire will be interested in business opportunities, investment and expansion. if they are told we own the ground and surrounding area......apart from 2 little corner bits, then it's...
  25. Sheffsteel

CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

I used to work with a Wednesday fan and she lived a few doors away from the McCabe's when they were kids just off Shoreham Street. Obviously she doesn't like Sheff Utd but she said McCabe was a really nice and likeable when young. She always confirms he was a big blade as a boy. She always...
  26. Sheffsteel

Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

We've had no operating midfield for 2 years. The tactic was give to Norwood who will punt it long upfield with the glory ball. When it worked it was a great pass but 4 in 5 times he just cheaply give the ball back to the opposition. In fact last season papered over the cracks because we relied...
  27. Sheffsteel

Coventry fans

I worked with a Coventry fan, who was a temporary contractor from Coventry. Told him my honest opinion of Coventry was that they were a very beige club who never seem to have cup runs or promotion battles. Told all I could remember was Jimmy Hill on Match of the Day supporting them and that...
  28. Sheffsteel

Forest deducted four points

There are several refeee biases in many matches. 1: Refs tend not to make big decisions in the early minutes, so no penalties or red cards unless it's really really obvious. 2: Refs have a bias towards the team playing the best at the time and most deserving to win. If we play a team and they...
  29. Sheffsteel

9th in the PL. Was it The System or The Personnel?

Agree....it must seem weird talking to neutrals, I've been gong to the Lane since 1975 and if any neutral asks about my favourite players/ best players we've had. Obviously I mention Currie and Sabella for skill but I also put Mark Duffy up there too, loved some of his dribbling and awareness. I...
  30. Sheffsteel

9th in the PL. Was it The System or The Personnel?

60% the system 40% the players. So the players did play a massive but surprisingly most of them were't even PL standard which explains why we never received large bids for any of our star players. However I often say players are only as good as the system they play Play to a players strength...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom