Half million up!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

grafikhaus

Kraft durch Freude
Reaction score
So we have the inevitable 'season is over', 'not good enough' posts after a draw against lil' ol' Nottingham Forest. Whatever happens, it's been a fantastic season, but what short memories some people have. A year ago (March 25th, 2016) we drew 1-1 at Oldham. In the third division. In front of 8,448.

Today, we sit seventh. In the Championship. Having drawn at home with Forest. In front of 28,095.

Oh, and that's 509,823 fans who've watched us at home in the league this season.

That's progress.

Not sure where they got 28k from. Was empty seats everywhere

Retaining our championship status (in the face of overwhelmingly superior competitor budgets) for the next few seasons would still be progress for me after 6 seasons in league one and the shitstorm before that.

Some fans want instant success every year and overreact at the slightest setback.

I want stability and a healthy club. Fuck the Pig model and everything that comes with it.

We have 20k plus STHs that count regardless of whether they show, away section looked full, BLUT looked fairly well populated, my guess was 28500

WANT SOMEONE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WE ARE LESS LIKELY TO MAKE THe PLAY OFFS
WHEN US DERBY BORO PREStON AND BRITOL CITY ARE 2 POINTS APART

WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY

surely we all have very similar records
so why do some of our fans see nothing but negatives , every single time
Id bet not one of those other protagonists fans arent holding up their hands going thats it , its over
boro fans getting a draw too not good enough its over theyll all be saying.... will they fuck

only some blades would do that

Last edited:
WANT SMEONE TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHY WEARE LESS LIKELY TO MAKE THe PLAY OFFS

WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY

Id bet not one of those other protagonists fans arent holding up their hands going thats it , its over
boro fans getting a draw too not good enough its over theyll all be saying.... will they fuck

teams 'behind' us think they are in with a chance.. our lot think we're being relegated.

So we have the inevitable 'season is over', 'not good enough' posts after a draw against lil' ol' Nottingham Forest. Whatever happens, it's been a fantastic season, but what short memories some people have. A year ago (March 25th, 2016) we drew 1-1 at Oldham. In the third division. In front of 8,448.

Today, we sit seventh. In the Championship. Having drawn at home with Forest. In front of 28,095.

Oh, and that's 509,823 fans who've watched us at home in the league this season.

That's progress.
Premier League support.
Championship team.
L1 owners.

WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY

All the teams you mentioned with the possible exception of Boro (which would be close regardless) got more points than expected today and we didn't

All the teams you mentioned with the possible exception of Boro (which would be close regardless) got more points than expected today and we didn't
did they
you expected sunderland to beat preston
or bristol city only 1-0 at home to an ipswich many said we were poor for not winning at their place

we played on a skating rink against against a team 6th in the form table
forest results in last 6 match wolves

and when was a season ever decided on one result

some would say we are the ones who should not expect to be where we are

Last edited:
did they
you expected sunderland to beat preston
or bristol city to lose

I did not expect Preston and Bristol City to win 100% of the time, no. Hence them getting three points is getting more than expected.

I did not expect Preston and Bristol City to win 100% of the time, no. Hence them getting three points is getting more than expected.
i expected both to win today
thought we could but forest dong better under karanka and sheffield seemed to kop one of the worst weather conditions which negated a lot of football being played

Premier League support.
Championship team.
L1 owners.

Have a word with yourself Premier League support. We’re not even top of the average attendances in Yorkshire, let alone the Championship. And the atmosphere is flatter than a chapatti that an elephant has sat on.

That's progress.
We're 9th not 7th.

WITH 8 GAMES TO PLAY

The answer is FORM, FORM, FORM. Just look at our last 20 games & there is your answer!

Oh & Millwall are only 2 points behind!

Which Premier League? Northern?
based on attendances we'd be 14th best supported team in premier with our gates this year

I'd expect another 3K average in the premier meaning we'd be somewhere between 11th and 13th.

If you are referring to the noise, then you should have been at Leicester in the cup as BDTBL is louder than that every week

based on attendances we'd be 14th best supported team in premier with our gates this year

I'd expect another 3K average in the premier meaning we'd be somewhere between 11th and 13th.

If you are referring to the noise, then you should have been at Leicester in the cup as BDTBL is louder than that every week

I was at Leicester. That was the equivalent of United playing a L1 team at home when there’d be about 8k there, so not the best example I’d argue. Gates are very good but it was support that was mentioned.

I was at Leicester. That was the equivalent of United playing a L1 team at home when there’d be about 8k there, so not the best example I’d argue. Gates are very good but it was support that was mentioned.
We'll have to disagree then. Whenever I travel away it's clear that the blades home support is at the better end of noisy. Leeds is probably the only away game when the opposition fans have made some real noise this season. Slagging off our home support is pretty poor and inaccurate in my opinion.

The South stand was a total sell out today
But there was odd empty seats all over the place.

The weather will have deterred many season ticket holders from further a field from travelling.

The South stand was a total sell out today
But there was odd empty seats all over the place.

The weather will have deterred many season ticket holders from further a field from travelling.

I still made my 200 mile round trip. Just got in and thawing out!

5 empties in my row though.

That's progress.
You missed the giraffe

We'll have to disagree then. Whenever I travel away it's clear that the blades home support is at the better end of noisy. Leeds is probably the only away game when the opposition fans have made some real noise this season. Slagging off our home support is pretty poor and inaccurate in my opinion.

Yeah think we will. Off the top of my head I can think of tons of home fans that have been louder this season. To be fair, the atmosphere did improve after half-time but it couldn’t get any worse - maybe on Tuesday against Burton

That's progress.

1. 2016 was two years ago
2. We're not seventh

Back
Top Bottom