On stupid fans: moron behind me and his annoying son left at 0-2 with 15 to go. Ha.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

djbaldken

Reaction score
First of all apoligies to Mboreman for nicking his post for the title of this.
But we dont just have one moron behind us in the family stand, we have at least four with accompanying kids.
The elder stateman of this group sits directly behind me, he is of pensionable age, he has one of those very annoying high pitched whining type of voice. He believes he is ultra knowledgeable on all matters of football skill and tactics. So far this season I have yet to hear him come out with ONE positive comment regarding the Blades. The adult members of this group seem to hang on his every word and repeat whatever crap comes out of this guys mouth as do the young kids sitting with them no matter what he says.
Yesterday he went into overdrive, after just 20 minutes of watching him he d condemed Done as being usless, just runnig around and not touching the ball. (Obviously his goal tally so far has bypassed this guy). He needs to get the bus back to Rochdale was his verdict. Doyle was like a headless chicken not getting anywhere near the ball. Coutes could nt run at all, apparently the geriatric himself can run faster. Yet When Clough replaced Done to put Mcnulty on he almost went apoplectic and then he went into meltdown when Coutes was replaced by Freeman. His comments were that Clough has no idea as a manager and he would never win anything.
How i failed to respond to him first when Doyle scored and then we equalised I ll never know.
It just makes me wonder why this guy goes to BDBL. It obviously spoils his weekend. he seems to wallow in negativilty.
I know football is about opinions and this guy is entitled to his, but after listening to him over 90 minutes anybody could be forgiven for slashing their own wrists.......or preferably slashing his for him. (Not that Id avocate any such violence)
I m guessing this particular guy is not unique to the Blades. Anybody else know so called fans who are the same?????

Also sit on the family stand surrounded by fools. Thankfully two idiotic brothers have given up this year but there's plenty still there to annoy me. I'd move but I've sat there for years and the views decent so ive just accepted away games are the time for atmosphere.

One of the strangest was a woman who just screamed with panic constantly, even when we were just passing under no pressure.

I feel I'm getting closer and closer to turning round at shouting at these people. To make it worse none of them sing, but they'll happily make plenty of noise moaning.

Also, the kid I referred to in my earlier post was the same as you've mentioned. Over laughed at his terrible jokes and agreed with all he said.

But we dont just have one moron behind us in the family stand, we have at least four with accompanying kids.
The elder stateman of this group sits directly behind me, he is of pensionable age, he has one of those very annoying high pitched whining type of voice. He believes he is ultra knowledgeable on all matters of football skill and tactics. So far this season I have yet to hear him come out with ONE positive comment regarding the Blades. The adult members of this group seem to hang on his every word and repeat whatever crap comes out of this guys mouth as do the young kids sitting with them no matter what he says.
Yesterday he went into overdrive, after just 20 minutes of watching him he d condemed Done as being usless, just runnig around and not touching the ball. (Obviously his goal tally so far has bypassed this guy). He needs to get the bus back to Rochdale was his verdict. Doyle was like a headless chicken not getting anywhere near the ball. Coutes could nt run at all, apparently the geriatric himself can run faster. Yet When Clough replaced Done to put Mcnulty on he almost went apoplectic and then he went into meltdown when Coutes was replaced by Freeman. His comments were that Clough has no idea as a manager and he would never win anything.
How i failed to respond to him first when Doyle scored and then we equalised I ll never know.
It just makes me wonder why this guy goes to BDBL. It obviously spoils his weekend. he seems to wallow in negativilty.
I know football is about opinions and this guy is entitled to his, but after listening to him over 90 minutes anybody could be forgiven for slashing their own wrists.......or preferably slashing his for him. (Not that Id avocate any such violence)
I m guessing this particular guy is not unique to the Blades. Anybody else know so called fans who are the same?????

Not unique, but we have far more than our fair share.

There was a bloke not too far from me in the south stand shouted "hit him harder next time" when a Coventry player flattened Doyle.
Ridiculous,and btw i think Doyle has been playing well and shouting crap like this towards your own players is madness!

As I said in a previous post:
We do seem to have accumulated a few dickheads within our home support
I thought they were just in the South Stand but it appears they are all over the ground !!

I sit amongst plebs as well. The woman behind me had a right go at Freeman in the Swindon game, who wasn't even on the pitch. The others complain 2 minutes into a game that we're rubbish, even though neither team has settled into the game yet. The bloke next to me is up and down more than a tart's knickers, complaining at fouls that go against us that are clearly fouls. Everything should be a booking.

Madness.

That's another element of it, people get furious at decisions which are very clearly correct.

It does my head in to be honest. Do people really expect us to get every decision just because we're the home team? Grow up. Stop being petulant and look at the game objectively.

It does my head in to be honest. Do people really expect us to get every decision just because we're the home team? Grow up. Stop being petulant and look at the game objectively.

Interesting point this one.

I actually shout for pretty much everything at games, I don't consider it petulance though, I consider it part of creating an atmosphere in which the referee might feel pressure to give us decisions. if he does as a result, great. Might work, might not.

I can understand why people might disagree with me but I consider it the referees job to maintain objectivity and call decisions correctly, dealing with pressure from a home crowd is part of the deal. It's not for me to worry about objectivity - I support Sheffield United!

I actually shout for pretty much everything at games, I don't consider it petulance though, I consider it part of creating an atmosphere in which the referee might feel pressure to give us decisions. if he does as a result, great. Might work, might not

HB Jnr, in his U14's team had a dad that shouted for a penalty at any opportunity (not sure it's in the FA's Charter). Reckoned it won us three penalties in a season. Given my HB Jnrs team goal difference over the season, it didn't make a material difference, but proves the point. Isn't it called "home advantage"?

Yes but secretly you love these fans and no teams support would be complete without them, also you wouldn't have had the need to write this post and create some banter.

We have spent last few years going in Bramall Lane Upper Corner but for games when closed sit in South Stand. Finished with great seats for Spurs game just in front of press box but I have to say, the term "Grumpy Old Men" was invited for some of those in and around that spot. They obviously get no pleasure from going to the match other than to spend the full 90 minutes moaning.

Gobshite behind me pointed out to everyone yesterday that Howard was useless and had let us down all season. When he was informed Howard was injured he covered himself by saying he must be teaching Turner how to play in goal. Half his mates just agree with him too ,and once a player is targeted that's it. Tonge Montgomery ,Collins and now Howards turn.

Gobshite behind me pointed out to everyone yesterday that Howard was useless and had let us down all season. When he was informed Howard was injured he covered himself by saying he must be teaching Turner how to play in goal. Half his mates just agree with him too ,and once a player is targeted that's it. Tonge Montgomery ,Collins and now Howards turn.
i know what yer mean sitwell, it used to wind me listening to all that shit, slagging our players off, i bought me self a walkman with FM radio, best £85 i have ever spent now i dont have to listen to the stupid twats :D

Maybe because, as the thread title goes, he 'left at 0-2 with15 minutes to go'..? I don't know, you were there, I wasn't. You tell me... o_O
If you read my op you will see that the title refers to mboremans original thread. My thread is about other morons.

If you read my op you will see that the title refers to mboremans original thread. My thread is about other morons.

Fair do's, I'd not seen the other thread. Just turn round and tell them to shut the fuck up.

I always know when it's a boring game because there is an elderly Lady near me who brings a cross word book and her knitting !!!

Montgomery.........................now you're talking!

Bloke at Swindon game slagging Bob Harris off for around 60 mins until told it was in fact Freeman!

Theres an old gentleman behind me (very back row of the south stand) and all he ever does is shout "sort it out cluffy" and slags our players off no end. Does my tree in, was comedy when we missed the pull back at 0-0 and he said "well that's ruined it, we won't gget another chance" then proceeded to moan at 2-2 that we didn't take a defender off and put che on to win the game....

Leaving 15 minutes early. For what purpose?

Bloke at Swindon game slagging Bob Harris off for around 60 mins until told it was in fact Freeman!
Few men behind me against Dundee kept getting things wrong, the one I remember was them slagging off clough for playing Flynn out of position when it was Dimaio. Just have to laugh.

These know alls are always really annoying

Back
Top Bottom