above average

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We are above average in an atrocious league

Will make play offs
wont go up

We are above average in an atrocious league.

We won't make the play offs.

We will go up - 1st or 2nd - 2nd if we play 4-6-0 and 1st if we either buy, borrow or get Higdon/Mcnulty fit and firing.

UTB

We will go up - 1st or 2nd - 2nd if we play 4-6-0 and 1st if we either buy, borrow or get Higdon/Mcnulty fit and firing.

UTB
Some fucking big ifs there lad

The league table and current performances suggest that is exactly where we will finish. I wonder where a failed play-off campaign would leave Clough with the board and fans. I hope you are right in your optimism though!

UTB

The idea that we will score enough goals to finish in a promotion place with this stupid false 9 formation at home is laughable.

yes there are some "fucking" if's - as there are loads of fucking pessimism in your post :(

Clough has completely changed the team/squad round in a little over 12 months - we are hardly 5 places off the bottom.

UTB
I dont think im being pessimistic just saying what i think
been saying it since august

yes there are some "fucking" if's - as there are loads of fucking pessimism in your post :(

Clough has completely changed the team/squad round in a little over 12 months - we are hardly 5 places off the bottom.

UTB

And we're not ripping the piss out of this shittiest of shit divisions either. Clough has indeed changed things around but we're still here, losing to Barnsley, drawing to Oldham and listening to accusations that we're being pessimistic.

I'm not happy to be where we are, guess that makes me a pessimist, you aren't unhappy to be here, that just makes me shake my head.

We are above average in an atrocious league

Will make play offs
wont go up

Probably above average away from home Judge, but looking distinctly average at home. This really is a poor league this season and if we don't make the play offs some serious questions need to be asked.

And we're not ripping the piss out of this shittiest of shit divisions either. Clough has indeed changed things around but we're still here, losing to Barnsley, drawing to Oldham and listening to accusations that we're being pessimistic.

I'm not happy to be where we are, guess that makes me a pessimist, you aren't unhappy to be here, that just makes me shake my head.

I am indeed unhappy to be here - but what I can see, and 4,269 other fans saw at Doncaster is that the club is making progress. I am unhappy of all the incidents and people who put us here, but the realistic situation is that we are here and it's a case of getting out. You can't change the past and NC is taking us forward.

What I fail to see is fans who expect Jam today when the stuff has to made in the first place.

Clough is SLOWLY making a team - this in not Championship manger. He is building from the bottom up.

Yes we need as striker and if the regime in place has inverted £8M already, all some of us can see is completely and utterly unrealistic demands of some fans who DEMAND thatt it happens now - life isn't like that.

UTB

I dont think im being pessimistic just saying what i think
been saying it since august

OK, so you have been saying it since August - fine.

NC has been here a little over 12 months and is changing the entire club as he goes along.

We all have to have a degree of patience in what he is doing./

To say to will finish 3rd to 6th and then not win the playoffs is just giving in to past failings. Have a bit of faith in what the club is NOW trying to put in place. This is not going to happen overnight. NC is different - give him and the management team a chance to do it their way.

Yes, you may ultimately be correct and we don't go up even the most pessimistic of fans should at least see what we have now is different to the past - it just isn't as though a light switch can be just turned on.

UTB

The league table and current performances suggest that is exactly where we will finish. I wonder where a failed play-off campaign would leave Clough with the board and fans. I hope you are right in your optimism though!

The "form" league before Saturday had us 3rd.

The form league 6 weeks ago had us 9th I believe.

We are making progress.

If our form continues to get better - and even the most pessimistic fan has to see that our form is getting beter then by January we may be 2nd in the form league.

We may then improve to 1st in the form league.

It isn't optimism - it just a belief that NC is doing a decent job in having started with a club that was 2nd bottom of this piss poor league - that is how low we were. We could even have been 2 or 3 games away from 6th spot last season, which is a measure of our progress.

What I fail to see is why some people can't see the progress in little over 12 months. The other 23 teams in this division (including LITTLE Oldham) are not going to say.............we'll let you finish top. We have to earn the right.

UTB

Its seems some are using any excuse to beat Clough with a stick , hesaid several times he wants us to produce wave after wave of atacks to storm the opponents , but once they cross the white line its dowen to those in the stripey shirts to do the business, we are building from the bottom , literally we were bottom , to mount a challenge , over 46 games theres going to be losses theres going to be draws , funnily enough Real Madrid dont win every game , or barcelona or PSG or Chelsea , but some of our fans will accept nothing less

Its seems some are using any excuse to beat Clough with a stick , hesaid several times he wants us to produce wave after wave of atacks to storm the opponents , but once they cross the white line its dowen to those in the stripey shirts to do the business, we are building from the bottom , literally we were bottom , to mount a challenge , over 46 games theres going to be losses theres going to be draws , funnily enough Real Madrid dont win every game , or barcelona or PSG or Chelsea , but some of our fans will accept nothing less
Trouble is though BTL, those teams you point out do lose the odd game, but generally they rip the arse out of teams. Don't see United doing that anytime soon. But I get your point. UTB

OK, so you have been saying it since August - fine.

NC has been here a little over 12 months and is changing the entire club as he goes along.

We all have to have a degree of patience in what he is doing./

To say to will finish 3rd to 6th and then not win the playoffs is just giving in to past failings. Have a bit of faith in what the club is NOW trying to put in place. This is not going to happen overnight. NC is different - give him and the management team a chance to do it their way.

Yes, you may ultimately be correct and we don't go up even the most pessimistic of fans should at least see what we have now is different to the past - it just isn't as though a light switch can be just turned on.

UTB
What do you see that is so different to before ?
I see a club that could have outlayed a moderate amount of cash to get us up but would rather not and hope for the best

I see a manager happy to work under budgetary constraints

I see fans frustrated at poor performances against poor teams

I see underachievment on the same scale ive since 81 when i first sat in a half empty south stand watching tommy tynans fat arse steal a wage

The only managers who have achieved anything in that time have done so against the odds and overachieved on a tight budget because lets face it if your sheffield united manager you have to

The "form" league before Saturday had us 3rd.

The form league 6 weeks ago had us 9th I believe.

We are making progress.

If our form continues to get better - and even the most pessimistic fan has to see that our form is getting beter then by January we may be 2nd in the form league.

We may then improve to 1st in the form league.

It isn't optimism - it just a belief that NC is doing a decent job in having started with a club that was 2nd bottom of this piss poor league - that is how low we were. We could even have been 2 or 3 games away from 6th spot last season, which is a measure of our progress.

What I fail to see is why some people can't see the progress in little over 12 months. The other 23 teams in this division (including LITTLE Oldham) are not going to say.............we'll let you finish top. We have to earn the right.

UTB
We'll not know if we've progressed until the end of the season.The thing is mate we've been on a steady decline for quite a few years,finishing lower and lower each year,and the signs this year with some of the signings and the very negative tactics isn't looking good,although we're still in a good position and Cloughy has got time to change things.

What do you see that is so different to before ?
I see a club that could have outlayed a moderate amount of cash to get us up but would rather not and hope for the best

I see a manager happy to work under budgetary constraints

I see fans frustrated at poor performances against poor teams

I see underachievment on the same scale ive since 81 when i first sat in a half empty south stand watching tommy tynans fat arse steal a wage

The only managers who have achieved anything in that time have done so against the odds and overachieved on a tight budget because lets face it if your sheffield united manager you have to

Were you in the wrong south stand or are you in the wrong forum?

Think we've probably seen this seasons champions today .....

Raul , yes agree . We all witnessed a very good ,well organised Oldham side , who had more ideas and solid formation wise than the Blades . Oldham will not be in the top 6 , as the squad is not big enough , and will not be able to keep that level of play all season. For me it is another situation were a team / manager raises there game against the Blades . I have no doubt the Blades will get automatic promotion . Mr Clough and the coaching staff have to resolve the problem of too many players having off days ,on too many occasions . A out and out CF will assist this issue , and let the midfielders flourish as playmakers , not as out and out false No9 , as we persist with . To get out of this league you need good honest league 1 players . We have got that . The only team that beats SUFC in this league is SUFC themselves .

Mr Clough has to overcome continued loss of form , inconsistency , and instil belief and mental strength . This he will do , and even with work in progress , we will still get promotion , and not via the dreaded play offs.

Pressure is on , let us see if the board and management have the bottle to see the task through. I believe they have.

UTB

Well said - another voice of reason - Does common sense only come with age?

UTB

We'll not know if we've progressed until the end of the season.The thing is mate we've been on a steady decline for quite a few years,finishing lower and lower each year,and the signs this year with some of the signings and the very negative tactics isn't looking good,although we're still in a good position and Cloughy has got time to change things.

1) point 1 - correct, we won't know until the end of the season.
2) point 2 - correct - steady decline up UNTIL the sacking of Wier - progress since NC joined.
3) Point 3 - correct - negative tactics but, effective tactics - everyone not happy but some will never be pleased.
4) Point 4 - yes still time to develop rather than change - all football teams are WIP unless you are Chelsea and the special one.

UTB

Well said - another voice of reason - Does common sense only come with age?

UTB

Fulwood Blade . After supporting the Blades for over 50 years , i am afraid to say common sense does not come with age . If it did Mr McCabe ( who i support ) , would not have made certain statements , that come back , and bite him in the arse.

UTB

Fulwood Blade . After supporting the Blades for over 50 years , i am afraid to say common sense does not come with age . If it did Mr McCabe ( who i support ) , would not have made certain statements , that come back , and bite him in the arse.

UTB

KM has made a few gaffs over the years - he admits to as much.

What I accept, but others find It difficult is that he has made an honest and genuine attempts to make the Blades better. He was IMHO badly let down by the FA, Premier league et al with Scudamore and Brooking in particular. I wouldn't piss on those two if they were on fire. There is no guarantee that we would still be in the Prem, but I would like to think that we could have gone on to do a Stoke City and built on the first year. It seems as though he and the board will never be offered any redemption at all - all the board are forever the bad guys.

UTB

It seems as though he and the board will never be offered any redemption at all - all the board are forever the bad guys.
I honestly don't think the board have to do too much to get a lot of us back on side,they can start by providing Cloughy with whatever he wants from now on in,to get us promotion,it will go along way to salvaging a relationship between the board and a lot of the fans.

Tommy the tiger tynan or summat
is it important ? I think not
he was shit had a fat arse and epitomised a lifetime of supporting the blades

Back
Top Bottom