Roy's View From... View From Birmingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2014
Messages
15,151
Reaction score
145,526
Location
Sheffield

 



They mostly watched the same game as we all did. We were poor, not sure about sh1te but definitely there for the taking. Did you run out of ink, cause there was no "second best team in Sheffield" pokes? Still, thanks Roy
 
Cheers Roy.
We weren’t shite but other than that, a pretty fair assessment really by most of them.
As for the sponsored silence comment, I was expecting much more from them on the noise front. Hardly heard ‘em all evening.
I don’t like Brm generally.
 
It was a nothing game between two non descript sides. United were devoid of creativity and continually gave the ball away. Seriki got the ball in good areas but his final ball and passing was poor. Brum played the whole game with zero ambition and were basically just trying to nick it from a set piece.

Ryan One was a bit of a bright spark for us before his injury. We then played the rest of the game with ten men which didn't help us.
 
"Two bang average teams" was my assessment. The only difference is, that we have not spent a penny and have flogged our two most creative players, whilst they have signed a couple. Looks like they will always be held back by an overly cautious approach.

As for Solis, he ain't that good. He is just a typical whining cheating modern footballer who goes down at the slightest touch and moans to the ref. Should have been booked when he started counting on his fingers to the ref trying to get someone booked.

Cheers Roygbiv I was expecting a bit more salt from the self entitled blues.
 
Bitches. They complement us on the one hand by saying the team ranged from rubbish to bang average but then insult the supporters by saying we took part in a sponsored silence.
 



They were better but it was hard not to be. I’d have been pretty pissed off at that if I was a Brum fan. Toothless up top.
 
Didn't see the game as I was at an event. I take it from this we were pretty shit then?
We're just drab and a load of nothingness.

You can see that we're trying to set up to be solid. But there's no pace, no creative spark, no discernible patterns of attacking play. It's almost like selling your two best players was a terrible idea.
 
Bitches. They complement us on the one hand by saying the team ranged from rubbish to bang average but then insult the supporters by saying we took part in a sponsored silence.
Nowt to be excited by either side.
It was a complete bore fest.
A nonentity of a game of football.
Two dull and very limited sides going through the motions, trying to give the impression they were professional footballers.
Ragged, scrappy, bereft of entertainment.
 
Not sure I’d be happy with that if I were a Birmingham fan. Pretty drab game, they had the better of the play but we had by far the best chance of the game in Bamford. Two mid table teams I think.
 
Didn't see the game as I was at an event. I take it from this we were pretty shit then?
We've been a lot worse over the years.

Defensively we were solid and this is against a team who bombarded us with crosses at every opportunity, so in that sense it was a decent test. However that did make us look like the away team who were holding on at times.

Attacking wise, it was pathetic though. If this were a team full of new players I could understand it, but a largely familiar group looked like strangers. It's almost as if selling two of the few players who you could rely on to create chances, and not finding adequate replacements, is a silly thing to do.

Still, a point and a clean sheet so hardly a disaster.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom