Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters

Hecky's job is safe as long as he goes along with the Prince .Just don't disagree with him or that can change.
Think you're right there although ironic as wilder went having criticised the prince publicity. Love Wilder's time with us, I largely defended him going too from wilders perspective but we need to stick with Hecky, I think he's doing an amazing job.

How can anyone think this is a good idea?

I LOVED Wilder when he was our manager but his time with us has gone.

Hecky is doing an amazing job. Wed struggle to stay up with Guardiola as manager and klopp as assistant.
Wilder actually got us to 9th. Unless he’s better than both put together.

Staying up in the PL is possible. If Hecky fails then his job will be up for discussion.

Does Heckingbottom necessarily have to go even if Wilder comes back?

He could help Hecky with tactical matters... oh wait he probably couldn't.

Would Wilder's ego be too big for Hecky to handle as an assistant or co-manager? Probably.

Just answered my own question.

Could always send him to the U21s, Wilder that is. Tell him to wait his turn again ;)

Bad idea! (This season)

Yes to Wilder but not now.

Wilder would be insane to take this on. If he waits 10 games we will turn on Hecky if we are in a bad position.
You will, "we" won't. Don't even insinuate that you of all posters represent most Blades.
Some of the shit you come out with is fucking insane.
I don't think you're a pig but I also don't think you are anything like in the majority.
If Hecky was forced out this season it would be us as a a club that didn't deserve him. He has ten times more intelligence and bollocks than Wilder and deserves a fucking medal, not the sack.
utb

Don’t think this would be good, unless Chris has changed his attitude.
Who ever the manager is they are having to work under a strict set of rules.
Who ever manages this club can only look with envy at other club resources, but realise that this isn’t our club. The manager’s credibility is made on what he achieves on limited resources.
All of us want the club to be successful but many of us are realistic that our success this season is the financial reward this will give our club security for the next few seasons.
When you look at other club’s financial situations, we would be long gone and just a memory to many with those debts.
The Premier league is the dream, but not something we can maintain under present finances.
Separate subject here how can Everton get such financial support, with its debt. When we are a possible sleeping giant with much less investment.

You will, "we" won't. Don't even insinuate that you of all posters represent most Blades.
Some of the shit you come out with is fucking insane.
I don't think you're a pig but I also don't think you are anything like in the majority.
If Hecky was forced out this season it would be us as a a club that didn't deserve him. He has ten times more intelligence and bollocks than Wilder and deserves a fucking medal, not the sack.
utb
We turned on Wilder. We will turn on everyone.

Chelsea turned on Mourinho.

Everyone always turns.

Is this someone who thinks they are ITK. I would have thought that with the way things ended that the Wilder era is finished and gone. So I reckon it's someone trying to stir things up.
If there is some truth to the rumour it then the decision makers haven't got a clue. Yes Hecky's game management can be questioned. But he has done a decent job overall and the squad is looking better. Are we good enough to stay up. Probably not. We are scrambling to stay in games trying to get something out of them.

I can see dozens of better candidates, but there you go.
With our budget and squad? Really? It's easy to parachute in another name but as seen with Slav it's more than just previous success for it to make sense and work. Hecky basically went back to Wilders version while slowly adapting things

I loved Wilder, but he fucked up and he fucked off and in the end he left us in the fucking shit. He left us and he said fuck all. It hurt.

We’re still picking up the tab for his judgements.

Hecky stepped in, never moaned and has done a fantastic job. He’s honest, unassuming, caring, unflappable, he gives kids a chance. He’s a bloke you want in the trenches.

Hecky in for me.

No thanks. The thought of going back to passing it around the box and in to the corners, only to lose it instead of putting it in the box, isn’t something I want to watch again.
I loved Wilder but I wouldn't want to see him back. I think you do him and those players a huge injustice. It was some of the best front foot football I've seen any United team play 80s onwards.

Would be incredibly harsh to give Hecky the boot after what he has achieved with us. Football is ruthless though so nothing would surprise me.

One thing i will say though in regards to Wilder is that I don't think he can be judged on what happened with us after covid. The training matches in empty stadiums were just a bizzare 18 months and not real football.

For context....In that full covid season, Xisco Munoz achieved the highest win rate of any manager in the Championship and got Watford promoted....it just wasn't real football at all.

My main concern with bringing Wilder back would be the current squad's thoughts towards him after he walked out on them through the "back door".

Back
Top Bottom