CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I presume United have been in discussions with villa for a couple of weeks? I would have thought one of the first things that get mentioned is how much? It's hard to believe this figure has just come out

Usually first discussion is expressing an interest.

Yes! Hoping for a breakthrough soon. Player happy with what we are offering so we just need to finalise the fee with Villa.
Am I being naive in wondering how we can agree with the player but be miles away with villa on the fee?

Is it wrong that Villa have to give us permission to speak to him, or have they done that even though fee isn’t agreed?

Am I being naive in wondering how we can agree with the player but be miles away with villa on the fee?

Is it wrong that Villa have to give us permission to speak to him, or have they done that even though fee isn’t agreed?
Personal terms agreed more or less.

It goes;

- Confirm with club you'd like to open negotiations with player

- Contact agent of player

- Confirm with player hr would join you if you were to bid and confirm on ballpark salary.

- Bid with club

- When bid with club accepted finalise salary offer / bonuses

Sheffield United doing transfer deals reminds me of that lad that represented his country for the first time at swimming in the Olympics and had never seen a pool before and took forever to finish the race.

Eddie the eel!

We tryed to loan Archer.To keep funds free for other signings, Villa rejected it, we have gone in with 1st bid of £10 million, villa have rejected it, dont know exactly how much Luton have bid but so far they are in the running and we are likely to have a bidding war with Luton. Obviously villa will accept the highest bid and Archer would need to actually want to sign for Luton, so far he hasnt said anything on his preferred choice. This could well drag on another week or so.

Why not £18m? Genuine question. He’s young English has a good goal record in the champ & scoring for England youth teams. We paid £20m for McBurnie, £23m for Brewster, £20m Maupay to Brighton after his season at Brentford.

That’s about the value top championship strikers go for that are in form. I don’t think its ridiculously unreasonable

Any young player based in England who has performed in the league below to his level, played internationally at U21s etc and is contracted to PL team will be c. £20m.

We NEED a striker NOW. We cant afford to fuck around. For the sake of this season as well as a future rebuild we need a player like him in.

We tryed to loan Archer.To keep funds free for other signings, Villa rejected it, we have gone in with 1st bid of £10 million, villa have rejected it, dont know exactly how much Luton have bid but so far they are in the running and we are likely to have a bidding war with Luton. Obviously villa will accept the highest bid and Archer would need to actually want to sign for Luton, so far he hasnt said anything on his preferred choice. This could well drag on another week or so.
We are the only club that had made a bid so far. Not sure why the 10m fee has been leaked and if it is true. But we are pushing hard on this. Wouldn't expect it to take nowhere near as long as next week. Should be next couple of days. We are at advanced stages of bidding now. It will either happen or not happen but this won't drag.

I'd start at £10m and chuck a crate of Hendo's in, free chip butties when we play them at home and a night in the hotel sometime in the next 20 years... How can they refuse that offer

Personal terms agreed more or less.

It goes;

- Confirm with club you'd like to open negotiations with player

- Contact agent of player

- Confirm with player hr would join you if you were to bid and confirm on ballpark salary.

- Bid with club

- When bid with club accepted finalise salary offer / bonuses
Not always as simple as that https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66439672

Find the power​

One of the reasons a transfer deal can drag across a whole summer is the number of parties involved.

It may be presented as a simple transaction, but aligning different elements is key; get one wrong and even an apparently done deal can disintegrate.

"What we are talking about is three sets of negotiations: club to club, the player transaction and the agent transaction," reveals Law.

"They are usually prioritised in that order, but sometimes they aren't.

"Sometimes it is the agent you need to get right, sometimes it is a player conversation that you need to get right."

Finding the "power behind the throne", as Hughes describes it, can be a complex business. Kylian Mbappe's inner circle has been subject to intense scrutiny as the France striker looks to force an exit from Paris St-Germain.

His agent and mother Fayza Lamari, his lawyer Delphine Verheyden, PSG's Football Advisor Luis Campos and representatives Christophe Henrotay and Kia Joorabchian - who have previously been instrumental in deals involving Real Madrid - have all been cited as potentially key figures in unlocking a move to the Bernabeu.

Money is the fix-all grease for any cog in a deal, but occasionally less-wealthy clubs can find other trump cards to play.

Why not £18m? Genuine question. He’s young English has a good goal record in the champ & scoring for England youth teams. We paid £20m for McBurnie, £23m for Brewster, £20m Maupay to Brighton after his season at Brentford.

That’s about the value top championship strikers go for that are in form. I don’t think its ridiculously unreasonable
It's not, but it's also thinking like this that got us Brewster for 23 million

As much as I want us to be able to sign him, I don’t think asking for £18 million is especially unreasonable given his pedigree. If we sign him for £14m that will be good business based on where he is as a player today.

I think this one will be done by Friday. It's the last buy of the window, Hecky wants him, Archer wants it, Villa want fair compensation. Get it over the line, get the two loans by next Friday and viola!!
My dad used to have a viola, it was lovely hearing him play. Just brought back good memories.

Back
Top Bottom