Starting XI for Forest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Go on then, since we've got a Friday night game, let's get this thread started early.

Your starting XI to play Forest 👇

Wes
Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Lowe
Hamer
Norwood
Osborn
Osula
Traore

Souza on the bench as he’s not fit yet and hopefully a new signing on the bench as well although the clock is ticking on that one.

Would've loved Mcburnie and Brewster back for this game, they'd be right up for it. But id go for this

Wes
Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Lowe
Hamer
Norwood
Brooks
Traore
Osula

Wes
Baldock
Anel
Egan
Trusty
Robinson
Hamer
Norwood
Osborn/Slimane
Osula
Traore/McBurnie (if fit)

Like last season our defensive weakness on the left side in the absence of RND was exploited by Palace and I would try Robinson at LWB

If Baldock and Lowe are out injured I reckon it will be this

……………………………………Wes

………………….Anel…………..Egan…………Trusty

..Osborn……………………………………………………...Larouchi

……………………Souza…………..…….Norwood

………….…………………….Hamer…..

………………….Osula……………………Traore

Tough based on not knowing how fit some of these guys are. I'd be shocked if Hamer didn't start straight away. Already 2 MOM performances for Cov. You'd like to think Souza would play too. No reason Trusty can't play but if ever you could match a player versus ideal opposition it would be Robbo v Forest. If we sign Doyle he should be straight in, no prep needed. Same with any top level striker. Feeling Osborn will retain his place while we sort ourselves out though.

Tough based on not knowing how fit some of these guys are. I'd be shocked if Hamer didn't start straight away. Already 2 MOM performances for Cov. You'd like to think Souza would play too. No reason Trusty can't play but if ever you could match a player versus ideal opposition it would be Robbo v Forest. If we sign Doyle he should be straight in, no prep needed. Same with any top level striker. Feeling Osborn will retain his place while we sort ourselves out though.
Benefit of signing Doyle is that he knows this system and wouldn't need a game or 2 to learn it properly.

If Baldock and Lowe are out injured I reckon it will be this

……………………………………Wes

………………….Anel…………..Egan…………Trusty

..Osborn……………………………………………………...Larouchi

……………………Souza…………..…….Norwood

………….…………………….Hamer…..

………………….Osula……………………Traore

If Lowe and Bakdock are both unavailable i would honestly ditch wingbacks and play 4 at the back with Souza sitting just in front of them

Hamers setpiece deliveries are fantastic. We have big players across the pitch now. Most of the big players are actually the better players so we may as well pack the team and try to get as many setpieces in their third as we can.

3-5-2

Wes
Anel, Egan, Trusty
Baldock, Slimane, Hamer, Brooks*, Larouci
Osula*, Traore

Would be fine giving Brooks a start but for me it depends on whether or not Souza will start, if Souza does start then Hamer moves to LCM while Souza plays in the middle of the three.

As for up top I say we go with Traore and Osula again, but who knows who might see through the door before the Forest game.

Wes
Baldock
Ahmedhodzic
Egan
Trusty
Lowe
Hamer
Norwood
Slimane
Traore
Osula**

** even if we do sign Archer in time, Hecky won't play him unless he's had a full pre-season

If he starts Osborn and Basham again then I'll be extremely angry.

Wes
Baldock
Ahmedhodzic
Egan
Trusty
Lowe
Hamer
Norwood
Slimane
Traore
Osula**

** even if we do sign Archer in time, Hecky won't play him unless he's had a full pre-season

If he starts Osborn and Basham again then I'll be extremely angry.
In fairness to Archer, he'll have had a preseason with Villa so match fitness shouldn't be an issue.

I'd consider playing Robinson or Osborne at left wing back, Lowe and Larouchi are league 1 standard

If Lowe and Bakdock are both unavailable i would honestly ditch wingbacks and play 4 at the back with Souza sitting just in front of them

I think every time we have played a back four under Hecky we have lost and shipped 3 + goals.

However what ever we do Friday I think shipping 3 + goals might be the result in this one.

I think every time we have played a back four under Hecky we have lost and shipped 3 + goals.

However what ever we do Friday I think shipping 3 + goals might be the result in this one.

We've never had a real beast of a unit at DCM under Hecky either tbf

Wes
Anel - Egan - Robinson
Baldock - Souza - Doyle - Osborn
Hamer - Traore
Osula

Don't want to be hearing any bollocks about Souza not being ready. Well fucking play him and get him ready - what do we have to lose? We're way understrength and anything but defeat is an unexpected bonus

Wes
Anel - Egan - Robinson
Baldock - Souza - Doyle - Osborn
Hamer - Traore
Osula

Don't want to be hearing any bollocks about Souza not being ready. Well fucking play him and get him ready - what do we have to lose? We're way understrength and anything but defeat is an unexpected bonus
I agree. 45 minutes in the first half is better than 20 mins at the end of the match. That sub on Saturday was pointless for giving him valuable minutes to get match fit. He needs minutes on the pitch or a behind closed doors friendly.

I agree. 45 minutes in the first half is better than 20 mins at the end of the match. That sub on Saturday was pointless for giving him valuable minutes to get match fit. He needs minutes on the pitch or a behind closed doors friendly.
No idea why Hecky made those subs on the 80th minute and not the 70th or earlier

Back
Top Bottom