Roy's View From... View From Reading

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

One or two sore losers in there.

Why can't people accept when they lose properly. I admit I've been annoyed when we have lost in some silly fashion but I'm always the first to accept a loss that we deserved and they deserved that one.

Too many bottlers in their side, that comment stood out for me, think we have demonstrated the opposite every game so far

Spot the token Pig infiltrator..

"They won't go up. Too many bottlers in their side. Enjoy playing us again next season."

Wednesday have bottled more than Coca Cola in the last 10 years.

Wanker 😂

It wasn't hard to see the gulf in the two sides. And yep.....it's all about money these days. Prem clubs trying to buy all young talent. Relegated clubs parachute payments can keep some talent. Yes, yoyo clubs like Norwich and probably us will be the norm unless a billionaire takes over the club and spends, wait for it.....money to stay in the Prem.

Own up. Who shagged his mam?

"A bad loss against a poor Sheffield side that will be nowhere near the top this season ,should have got at least a point today ,against a very average side"

"Don’t think Ince got his tactics right though, said before the game that you have to control their midfield, there aren’t many better midfielders in the Championship than Norwood when you let him dictate the play and that’s exactly what we did today. It’s said almost every time we lost to them but what a waste of a quality player he was, totally misused him here"

Spot on. I didn't know Doyle was going to be as good as he was last night, but the one thing you cannot do against us is sit off that midfield and let them play. For any stick he's taken, it's absurd what Norwood can do when he's left to spread the ball about. The teams that have caused us real trouble are the ones that have got in our face in the middle of the park and tried to throw them off controlling the game. 'Boro and Luton did a good job of it, Sunderland did a good job of it until the red card. And, alright, we've got the quality that we might beat the pressing and win anyway but at least Reading could leave feeling like they made a go of it. What's the risk of taking the game to us? You might lose 4-0...

Reading looked like exactly the kind of side I hate to watch - like us under Adkins and some of Clough - where they're happy to turn up, sit back, and hope somehow something happens for them. Obviously I'm not complaining if teams want to come and roll over, I just have absolutely no respect for them.

It wasn't hard to see the gulf in the two sides. And yep.....it's all about money these days. Prem clubs trying to buy all young talent. Relegated clubs parachute payments can keep some talent. Yes, yoyo clubs like Norwich and probably us will be the norm unless a billionaire takes over the club and spends, wait for it.....money to stay in the Prem.
Or, in other cases, spends money to ( endeavour to) stay in the Championship 🤔

dont know what match this bloke was watching

function pinIt() { var e = document.createElement('script'); e.setAttribute('type','text/javascript'); e.setAttribute('charset','UTF-8'); e.setAttribute('src',' document.body.appendChild(e); }

Cheers Roy

Yeah, Roy always slips one in at the end who talks absolute garbage.

"The season even in August is already depressing. Norwich, Watford, Burnley Sheffield United way better than anyone else with there parachute payments."

"Yes, gets boring every year with same teams up and down. Premiership parachute money just too much which makes it very difficult for any other teams to compete'

Well... we managed to get promoted without parachute payments. Forest did last season, Leeds the season before. Luton made the play offs. They sound like pigs - "they're only good because of the PL money"... Fuck Off! We earned the right to that money by getting promoted

"A bad loss against a poor Sheffield side that will be nowhere near the top this season ,should have got at least a point today ,against a very average side"

I don't know what parallel dimension this guy lives in, but if he thinks they deserved a point they must have unlimited supplies of deludamol.

"Enjoy playing us again next season."

We will if getting 6 points off them is that easy!

Well... we managed to get promoted without parachute payments. Forest did last season, Leeds the season before. Luton made the play offs. They sound like pigs - "they're only good because of the PL money"... Fuck Off! We earned the right to that money by getting promoted
Indeed. And while Wilder was in the process of getting us promoted Reading were pushing the FFP boundaries giving the likes of Drinkwater big-money contracts. Hence they are now limited to working with loans and free agents.

But we are at least a recent example of it not just being the same teams or billionaire bankrolled teams. If we can go up this season then we’ll have broken into the “yo-yo club” from a starting point of having naff all to spend (in the grand scheme of things). So there’s hope for anyone with the right manager and a bit of momentum.

Back
Top Bottom