Billy Sharp Ankle ligament injury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I did hear a few say they spotted Billy on crutches outside the ground before the Sunderland match. Not entirely surprised.

So now we're probably looking at months, in terms of a timescale.

That's the fan in him UTB
Sharp would have made that decision! Senior pros are left to decide.
He played too many games in the run last season,his enthusiasm is admired but at 36 maybe the decision should be taken by a medic.I had only said to my
Brother he was playing too many minutes at his age.
Disappointed he didn't learn his lesson and come off ,he is a fantastic player with a great ethic .
It's coming home to bite him on the arse (sorry ankle)now,hopefully he won't be missing long.
Disappointing and I bet he's gutted.
Come on Billy your fitness levels are fantastic just think more ! 36 year old wow !.

We need to start playing N'Diaye as centre forward.

We have potentially Khadra, Berge McAtee and Doyle who could all play the 10.

N'Diaye can be a good finisher of we don't shuffle him about to accomodate players we spent 20m on but are nowhere near as effective.

No time to panic. With that we have 3 seniors plus Jebbo and Osula for one spot.

N'Diaye can be a good finisher of we don't shuffle him about to accomodate players we spent 20m on but are nowhere near as effective.

No time to panic. With that we have 3 seniors plus Jebbo and Osula for one spot.
I was panicking before Sharp got injured! :)

The other 4 aren't up to it (yet?)

I'd be tempted to try Ndiaye as a striker, as you suggest.

I can't believe he left Sharp out there until half time knowing he'd done his ankle after 10 minutes. For God's sake why?

Hasn’t he done the same ligament before? Likely a weakness there which makes your comment even more pointed. Not something you can run off is it.

I did hear a few say they spotted Billy on crutches outside the ground before the Sunderland match. Not entirely surprised.

So now we're probably looking at months, in terms of a timescale.

I had the pleasure of being in The Directors Suite on Wednesday courtesy of work.

Billy's missus and kids were on the table to the right of us. Didn't see Billy before the game but he came in afterwards. He was on crutches and didn't look happy at all so decided against asking if it was serious and when we'll likely see him back.

Not panicking as yet CB, but all we need is some other fker to cop for it and we'll be in deep shit

Osula, Jebbo and McBurnie to back up Ndiaye and Brewster

The stats say that isn't the best of striker line ups if only looking at goal tallies

The other concerning stat is that there are a couple of those that haven't exactly been injury free

Time this club had a little luck

Wonder if with Billy being out for some time, Hecky might try for a 3 month striker loan? (if he can find one suitable and available) I'm sure the board would back him if it's a relatively short loan period

Just reinforces the notion that we shouldn't be relying on him this season. Thankfully we appear to have brought enough forward options for us to be fairly fluid in that area AND we need one of Brewster or McBurnie to start finding the net regularly. Hasn't been a better time for either of them to finally start proving their worth.

Ankle ligaments is up there with the worst injuries footballers get

He won't play till Feb, maybe March

This is a serious blow for him and for us

And the worst part....... we're just getting started

Confident Ekkeh can achieve plenty more great injuries in the coming weeks

Back
Top Bottom