Pay Lundstram up now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He should have been dropped a long time ago. One of CWs biggest mistakes was to keep playing this feckless charlatan.

It's been clear for a while now that he isn't interested and is just going through the motions, all whilst taking the wage from the club. He's downed tools.

CW should have made an example of him and shown strong management skills (you know the stuff he used to do and we all knew he didn't suffer any fools) by telling Lundstram to go away, don't come back, and had him rotting away for most of the season getting no football. It would have demonstrated to the rest of the squad and the fans that lack of effort won't be tolerated and maybe might have been a kick up the backside for some others. The fact that CW didn't do that is baffling to me.

And i don't get the 'well we don't have anyone else for that role' argument either as a professional footballer (especially one who is supposed to be a PL player) should be able to adapt to a new role within a short period of time if needed to fill a role. Whag about Osborn, Bogle, Lowe, even fkin McBurnie in there. Anyone who will put themselves about and give effort. At the moment we might as well have a fucking traffic cone in their for a the good that the feckless one gives.

Embarrassing for him as an individual, and embarrassing that we have continued to keep playing him. He clearly doesn't give a fuck about our club and should be binned off immediately.

Guys, Gals and Other Genders{Political Correctness box Ticked} I am enjoying the debate around Lundstram and it points towards a reality. Recruitment before the start of this season was undeniable 'Crap' We brought in players we didn't need and failed to fill obvious gaps in the squad. This is how you end up with Lundstram playing almost every game with no competition to speak of. I agree with the majority on here, that Lundstram is 'Crap, Not bothered, Couldn't give a shit and Not a team player' BUT the failure to add players in the right positions in the summer has facilitated the current situation. I also don't buy the narrative of us identifying players and not getting them in, CRAP, we identified players we could not afford, that is poor management. When did Sean Dyche last pay £29 million for a player and pay him 75K per week? Proper management is making the best of the resources you have. Chris Wilder has done that brilliantly for the first four years of his tenure. He hasn't done that this year and we've regrettably had a manager that has preferred to sulk and it's cost us, he has also cleared off so as not to have a relegation on his CV, is that loyal?

In conclusion. put Lundstram on Garden Leave, put him on basic wage only, no appearance bonuses etc and make it clear that he does not come near Sheffield United property again

I’ll say what I’ve said previously, as poor as he’s been this year he’s been no worse than many others. The main difference is that we won’t have to worry about him beyond this season, the rest of them we will.

His obvious lack of effort, strolling through games suggests that’s not quite the case. Probably hasn’t thought that acting or playing like a twat isn’t conducive to a decent move. If it just not being good enough ( my money is on all three) then he can kiss a PL move goodbye.

I think he will play against Chelski but if we get knocked out then we might see a few changes in the midfield...

Everyone keeps saying we don't have a replacement. Osborn surely can do a job?? I don't buy into this Left footer needs to be on the left.

If that's too difficult to do, this is where the magical, groundbreaking method I've come up with can come into play.... Change formation.

We could play Osborn on the left, Norwood and Fleck in the middle, with Bogle/Burke/U23s player on the right.

I don't think the player should shoulder some of the blame. I think they should take most of it.

When he lunged in and got booked yesterday, was I the only one hoping he'd get a red so we could fine him two weeks wages and he'd get a four game ban?

With a formation change, Basham could take Lundstram's midfield spot. Other than that you're relying on Norwood or U23s.

Him playing in the PL next season will probably be the most aggravating twat to play at a higher level than us since Jamie Ward.

True, though he was in the form of his life then we looked to replace him with Sander Berge.

He saw this train crash coming, so he knew the best chance to stay in the PL was to reject the new contract.

Quite clever actually.

Football managers are not all completely stupid, they watch every match, they’ll have seen his performances this season - put it this way, if you were Gerrard or Hodgson, would you go to the board for the money?

Football managers are not all completely stupid, they watch every match, they’ll have seen his performances this season - put it this way, if you were Gerrard or Hodgson, would you go to the board for the money?

Probably wouldn't need to go to the board as they'll have excess cash left in their budget anyway.

Board would probably be delighted that one of the signings is on a free transfer, and the fact that he is an English player and fills the HG quota.

Hell, Manchester City signed Scott Sinclair and Richard Wright for that very reason.

That's a better idea than mine actually. Stick him on gardening leave, hope he doesn't keep fit and then jeopardises his future prospects with another club.

Never seen a player try less than him for a sustained period of time and get away with it.
And Wilder let him get away with it is what pisses me off most.

If I were Heck I'd take him to one side and point out that there are at least 10 games until the end of the season and then he's unemployed. No doubt he'll find a club, but how he plays in these next few days will define the rest of his career. Define how much money he'll earn. Play out of his skin and who knows.

If I were Heck I'd take him to one side and point out that there are at least 10 games until the end of the season and then he's unemployed. No doubt he'll find a club, but how he plays in these next few days will define the rest of his career. Define how much money he'll earn. Play out of his skin and who knows.
I know he comes across as a bit stupid but if he’s not worked that out for himself I’d take him to the vet and have him put down.

I wouldn't pay him up, I'd make him wait for his monthly salary every month, I'd just stick him with the kids for the rest of the season. He's not arsed, he could just jog around with them instead of the first team.
I wouldn't insult the youngsters with having him any where near them. It's not a great way to show the youngsters how we want / need them to be whilst playing for our club. It would only show them how a bad attitude and professionalism can get you what you want. I would much prefer the youngsters to replace him in the team and for him to told to train on his own.

Everyone keeps saying we don't have a replacement. Osborn surely can do a job?? I don't buy into this Left footer needs to be on the left.

If that's too difficult to do, this is where the magical, groundbreaking method I've come up with can come into play.... Change formation.

We could play Osborn on the left, Norwood and Fleck in the middle, with Bogle/Burke/U23s player on the right.
Id play Simon moore there ahead of him, Cant see how he starts and how hes now getting 90 mins....

Whereas if I was in Hecks shoes, id pull him to one side and tell him to fuck off and keep on fucking off until he had run out of fuck offs and then he should buy some more fuck offs. I also tell him that we have had a wip round and the fans had provided a magnificent gesture by supplying a gigantic collection of fuck offs which we feel he should have on his final journey out of Shirecliffe.

Perhaps even a big Fuck Off cake to be made for him?

I think it highly likely that he’s already got an agreement in place with another club

He'd be better off up at Shirecliffe with his finger plugging the hole in the leaky roof than playing for us.

Stop talking sense Iffy.

Lack of confidence, poor form, carrying niggles, formation not suiting players currently avsilable. All could potentially contribute to poor performance.

Something that can also be a potential factor in collective poor performance in the workplace is employees realising that not all on the team are doing their jobs satisfactorily or maybe some are swinging the lead and tossing it off. Hard to motivate yourself sometimes if you are being let down time and again by some of the others who don't give a toss. After a bit most would think 'why should I bother if they arent getting pulled up for it'?

Another reason why CW should have made an example of certain player(s) this season so that those that remained in situ knew the score and what the minimum levels of acceptable effort at all times would be.

I wouldn't pay him up, I'd make him wait for his monthly salary every month, I'd just stick him with the kids for the rest of the season. He's not arsed, he could just jog around with them instead of the first team.
just put him on garden leave and let him get fat and unfit

I'd give him an Indian burn and change his name to Nick Montgomery. That'd teach him.

I've a box of old buttons he can have those ,fraud of a footballer .

The only logic I can apply to that is some of the experiences I have had in previous jobs. If the atmosphere is shite, you are generally less productive

I can see the sense in that and hopefully that is the case, instead of them all wanting out as well.

Back
Top Bottom