Loans 20/21

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SotonBlade

Reaction score
With Rambo now on board, there's a Hendo size hole in the squad for a loan.

Anyone have any suggestions on where we should utilise our loans this season?

Henderson was signed when we were short of a keeper who would improve our starting eleven. We are now in need of a striker and creative player to slot straight in, someone young who we could develop and definitely have an option to buy if we stay up. Who I do not know but this is the type of player and deal that we should be looking for and I am certain that someone on the periphery of a top six first eleven fits the bill.

Pipe dream but, knock on Pep's door and get Foden for the season. A year of playing most weeks would be amazing for him. Shame they just lost Silva and the many other factors which make this almost impossible, but it's nice to dream.

If there is any chance that Chelsea will allow Abraham to go out on loan with Werner and Giroud in front of him, Utd should be all over it.

Failing that, I think Conor Gallagher would be a good option for RCM.

Those are certainly the two weakest positions in Utd's squad

Get a quality creative midfielder loaned in from abroad. Not sure who but hate having to change line ups due to having another teams player in the starting 11.

A Man Utd loan has opened up now and this guy has been mentioned

Man Utd fans panic as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer hints at new position for Phil  Jones | Metro News

On a free transfer yes, great PL experience and covers several positions.

Genuine question R.e loans, would you rather use our loans for players who fill the squad out but are less likely to play over established players or use them for first team players and develop someone else’s asset aka Hendo?

Any loan should be with a view to a perm in the summer. None of the likes of Brewsters who we’d just be preparing for others.
We’ve done that and we’ve moved on.

Genuine question R.e loans, would you rather use our loans for players who fill the squad out but are less likely to play over established players or use them for first team players and develop someone else’s asset aka Hendo?

Quite simple - the best possible players for the team. Doesn't matter to me whether or not they're owned by the club - as long as they give 100% for the club that will do me.

Henderson was never going to join Utd but he embraced the club, its ethos and the supporters and will go down as one of the club's best ever loans.

IMHO Utd should start speculating on lower league/foreign based prospects with a view to loaning them out for other clubs to develop them.. Perhaps the Cat 1 academy will help attract younger talent and the conveyor belt of talent can be resurrected

If we are honest besic was a waste of a loan while hendo was one of the best we could possibly make....

If we are going to bother making any loan signings, they want to be ones we couldn’t afford to make on a permanent basis and ones that break into the first 11 imo.

Juan Mata would be a suggestion. Can't see him getting much game time st Man Utd, but could add some much needed creativity for us ?

If we are honest besic was a waste of a loan while hendo was one of the best we could possibly make....

If we are going to bother making any loan signings, they want to be ones we couldn’t afford to make on a permanent basis and ones that break into the first 11 imo.

Wtf. Gotta be a blade surely!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-065513_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-065513_Chrome.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 243
I reckon we should either go for Hallifax or Lloyds, i’ve heard theres some shit hot 5% ISAs at the moment

in all seriousness I would like to see us go for George Hirst, (perm or loan whatever)

yes, ex Wednesday lad, he’s had a bit of a stuttering start to his career but he is still only 21 and scored 9 in 15 in PL2 this year... he is familiar with the city, and imo a great prospect and someone i wanted us to go and get when the pigs had him, tbh maybe not a loan and just go for permanent

The one that really seems plausible to me that Id love is Gallagher from Chelsea, would add midfeld depth and push for game time much more than Besic or Dowell did the past few seasons.

Unlikely but he doesnt appear to have fitted in at Liverpool yet and it could benefit him from regular gametime to develop in the premier league before becoming Firminios understudy would be Minamino. Unlikely but I wouldnt think there would be any harm in an enquiry.

not really too many premier league players likely available on loan that Id love us to grab to be honest.

I agree that Connor Gallagher would be a good addition if we can get him.
Other than him. Maybe Rhian Brewster.
Otherwise we will have to see what the scouts can find in Europe.
Ideally we shouldn't need loans but with squad depth being an issue and the need to have more competition for places we should try to pick up one or two good ones.
Besic was an ok loan. Looked promising early on but it faded out. Zivkovic and Retsos we hardly even saw. I know that they provided cover. But the loan is over and we are back to square 1.
I would buy instead to develop squad depth. And stick to the top end for loans that might give us an edge we have been missing.

Intrigued to see if Retsos comes back.

I'm a C.Gallagher fan. Which feels very realistic. Maybe a two year loan.

Perhaps unrealistically I'm very big on getting R.Sessegnon.

Really interesting to see who might be available for CW in the loan market. Perhaps some surprises due. Generally think the loan market could be extremely interesting.

Intrigued to see if Retsos comes back.

I'm a C.Gallagher fan. Which feels very realistic. Maybe a two year loan.

Perhaps unrealistically I'm very big on getting R.Sessegnon.

Really interesting to see who might be available for CW in the loan market. Perhaps some surprises due. Generally think the loan market could be extremely interesting.

Retsos went home after the lockdown. I'm guessing that's him done here.

I'm not sure that 2 year loans are permitted.

Think gallacher is available to buy and would still be able to get two foreign loans as youncan have two domestic and two foreign and I think one championship

in all seriousness I would like to see us go for George Hirst, (perm or loan whatever)

yes, ex Wednesday lad, he’s had a bit of a stuttering start to his career but he is still only 21 and scored 9 in 15 in PL2 this year... he is familiar with the city, and imo a great prospect and someone i wanted us to go and get when the pigs had him, tbh maybe not a loan and just go for permanent
wasnt he demanding ridiculously high wages?

Back
Top Bottom