Unshameful holiday post

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Curious to know why a blade based in Kuwait goes to Dubai for a holiday.
This is going to sound very ignorant, but isn’t it just a different bit of the same desert?
Happy to be enlightened as regards my preconceptions.
Don't know it myself either mate but surely you could say the same about Europe, Asia, basically anywhere??

Curious to know why a blade based in Kuwait goes to Dubai for a holiday.
This is going to sound very ignorant, but isn’t it just a different bit of the same desert?
Happy to be enlightened as regards my preconceptions.

It's like you going to Amsterdam or Paris (taking the little one to legoland). Little break away whilst Kuwait has it's national day celebrations.

Each country out here is different from the next. Saudi is an interesting place, whilst Oman is just a natural beauty.

Don't know it myself either mate but surely you could say the same about Europe, Asia, basically anywhere??
In Europe for example, there are huge differences in culture, history, food, language etc.
my preconception of the gulf is that it’s all pretty homogeneous. My bad if this is rubbish.

It's like you going to Amsterdam or Paris (taking the little one to legoland). Little break away whilst Kuwait has it's national day celebrations.

Each country out here is different from the next. Saudi is an interesting place, whilst Oman is just a natural beauty.
Ok fair enough. Cheers.

Also on holiday this weekend & missing the game.
Not quite as hot as Dubai where I am but I am on a coastline & there is a tall tower here.
Nope - not Blackpool.....

Decent bar, can't remember when Happy Hour is though.

Decent bar, can't remember when Happy Hour is though.

Cheers. Would prefer this to Irish village. Frequented there far too much. Haha

Ok fair enough. Cheers.

No worries.

It's very different to Kuwait. We get lots of people from Dubai coming here at weekends for the variation in food and it's less manic.

People head to Dubai as there's more to do. Plus lots of people go for drinking as Kuwait is a dry country (sorry for the pun).

It’s not Brighton is it? That would be ironic.

Nope - a 45 mile drive to the Amex from where I am in the jewel of the South Coast (according to at least one of those who lives here) in breezy Portsmouth. Well done Jinxy1966.
Big family birthday party keeping me away from the Lane but Young Master GB will be cheering ‘em on for me.
Getting some funny looks in my Blades bobble hat!

Nope - a 45 mile drive to the Amex from where I am in the jewel of the South Coast (according to at least one of those who lives here) in breezy Portsmouth. Well done Jinxy1966.
Big family birthday party keeping me away from the Lane but Young Master GB will be cheering ‘em on for me.

Allus a good night out round there. Am currently in koh phangan, not told the missus our night market treck is actually a sports bar scouting mission. Not hopeful

Also on holiday this weekend & missing the game.
Not quite as hot as Dubai where I am but I am on a coastline & there is a tall tower here.
Nope - not Blackpool.....
Not missing the game and not on holiday where am I and there is also a tower here ?

The game is live on BEIN and Premier Sport ROI so there will be a decent chance it's on somewhere

You absolute fuckin part timer Mr B. Call yerself a Blade? Yer not fit to wear that bobble hat etc ;)

ps: wedding invite being posted to you next week mate. Have great party with the family and see you soon.

You absolute fuckin part timer Mr B. Call yerself a Blade? Yer not fit to wear that bobble hat etc ;)

ps: wedding invite being posted to you next week mate. Have great party with the family and see you soon.

I know - & I’m missing the next feckin’ home game too as working out in Dubai. I’ll wear mi bobble hat out there as a sort of flagellating punishment for not being a bladey enough Blade.
Nice one pal - see you soon.

Back
Top Bottom