Pre-match View From Arsenal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Respectful comments on the whole. Will have to find Arsenal TV on the youtubes for the proper unhinged comments

Anyone else getting extremely bored of this BTW?
Not really :) First and only time i've done it. I guess some have genuine complaints.

Really enjoying reading these ....
So refreshing from the last time we went up to the Prem. We just made up the numbers last time and quite rightly got relegated...Tevez or no Tevez. We were not good enough.
This time however, we just keep going from strength to strength....we deserve to be here and not only are we doing well but we are gaining respect. This will be Wilders legacy as much as his team. That man alone is increasing Utds fan base hourly.
So good to be a Blade.....

“Very impressed with Sheffield United too, deserve to be where they are.
Kinda annoyed that these days football seems to be all about “pressing”, “work rate” and “running” though…any useless **** can do these, I want to see things on the pitch I can’t do.
Who cares about all these useless forms of basically exercising…football should be about the artistry, the technique…the mavericks that get you out of your chair…”
I kind of agree with this fella but you have to earn the right to show your artistry and technique by your work rate, running and pressing, so far this season Arsenal have been rather poor at running, pressing and work rate so their players are not showing much of what they are capable of. If they can match us for work rate and fitness then yes they should have a chance to win, it will be interesting to see if these overseas players have got it in them as it seems like Arsenal's useless ****'s don't do running, pressing and work rate.

BINGO! Another bunch of drongo tourists. 3-1 Blades.

Oh well it will be another teams supporters at ten to five who will be saying about their own team “That’s the worse performance of the season, we were rubbish today, terrible performance by us today, we were awful, manager needs sacking”

Before you spout of Arse fans heres a little Bit if advice ......Maybe it’s the opponents who made you look rubbish today, maybe your terrible performance was really a great performance by your opponents, no you were not awful just that your opponents made you look like that, don’t blame your manager he was up against Chris Wilder,

Just saying

Respectful comments on the whole. Will have to find Arsenal TV on the youtubes for the proper unhinged comments

Anyone else getting extremely bored of this BTW?
I’m not bored of it as I don’t even know why people keep doing it. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Roy.

Despite the fact that many of those comments are patronising when it comes to our strengths, there is also the unmistakable whiff of respect in there as well. Who'da thunk it?

“Very impressed with Sheffield United too, deserve to be where they are.
Kinda annoyed that these days football seems to be all about “pressing”, “work rate” and “running” though…any useless **** can do these, I want to see things on the pitch I can’t do.
Who cares about all these useless forms of basically exercising…football should be about the artistry, the technique…the mavericks that get you out of your chair…”

These days? When has football not been about getting the basics right?

It's always been the case that for all the flair and individual brilliance that the top teams do the basics better than everyone else. Barcelona are the stand out example. Not always defensively the best, but their pressing and work rate are out of this world when they've been at the top of their game in my life time.

I think there's a sense in which he's right. We shouldn't be able to get an advantage by working harder than our opposition because every team we play should work as hard. We do though. We've picked up so many points over the last few seasons simply by training harder and playing harder than other clubs.

You have to match people at the basics first. Then the skill shines through.

Back
Top Bottom