First time you got hit at a match

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never actually been hit by another fan but was hit by a drinks can thrown by Leeds fans when they took over the back of the kop sometime in the 1970s.

More recently, leaving the Tranmere ground, a group of kids (aged between about 6 and 14) walked behind me and another young chap,throwing stones at us. I was hit fairly harmlessly on the elbow but they drew blood from the back of the young chap's head. I think he may have been involved in verbals with them prior to tagging along with me, but I'll never know and don't really care
Been hit with loads of stuff over the yrs , coins at port vale when we had the seats on the side , and I think most people got hit with stuff at Bradford city 4th division shared Kop I was at the front and when looking back there was darts bricks stones etc
UTB NBM

Been hit with loads of stuff over the yrs , coins at port vale when we had the seats on the side , and I think most people got hit with stuff at Bradford city 4th division shared Kop I was at the front and when looking back there was darts bricks stones etc
UTB NBM

It was commonplace back in the day. Coins especially. I used to take a magnet to games back in the day and emerge richer for the experience.

I once got twatted on the kop. Leeds game, night match. They were on our kop. I had my Blades scarf around my neck and several of them attacked me trying to remove it. They didn’t really mean to hit me, obviously. They just wanted my scarf. It was a trophy conquest back in the day. But to get it they had to twat me. I blame myself for tying it in a full Windsor.

All I know is I was set upon by some young chappies with very flat vowels who were obviously perishing cold. They said, “giz thi scarf”. I said, “no chance!”. I was wrong about that. There was a very good chance in fact. They dangled me on the end of my scarf for what seemed like a long time, until I turned the colour of a smurf. Then the scarf came free and they took it. I got a fat lip for my trouble. I managed to kick one of them up the arse as he fled, but it was to no avail.

From that day onwards I have always worn my scarf tied in a half-Windsor.

UTB NBM
Seem to remember bits of crumbling terrace being lobbed over the fence

Brick through the coach window at Leeds. Sometime in the 70s. Didn't get hit by the brick, but by a old Blade brandishing his walking stick out the window. Caught me right under the chin with it.

Not a hit but a half brick clipped my ear lobe when waiting to be let out of Hartlepool’s ground in the 3-2 win there in the 4th division thrown over the wall by the Hartlepool hoolies.

It was commonplace back in the day. Coins especially. I used to take a magnet to games back in the day and emerge richer for the experience.

I once got twatted on the kop. Leeds game, night match. They were on our kop. I had my Blades scarf around my neck and several of them attacked me trying to remove it. They didn’t really mean to hit me, obviously. They just wanted my scarf. It was a trophy conquest back in the day. But to get it they had to twat me. I blame myself for tying it in a full Windsor.

All I know is I was set upon by some young chappies with very flat vowels who were obviously perishing cold. They said, “giz thi scarf”. I said, “no chance!”. I was wrong about that. There was a very good chance in fact. They dangled me on the end of my scarf for what seemed like a long time, until I turned the colour of a smurf. Then the scarf came free and they took it. I got a fat lip for my trouble. I managed to kick one of them up the arse as he fled, but it was to no avail.

From that day onwards I have always worn my scarf tied in a half-Windsor.

Back in the day?

After 1992 then.

🐂 💩

First time I got hit was when I was about 15 at Leeds me and my mate was trying to get somewhere to see and a bloke about 40 was being an awkward cunt and wouldn't let us pass, as we pushed past him he whacked me round the earhole saying "fuck off back to Shuffield". That just re-enforced my hatred of the scum up the M1 who nicked my scarf when I was 11yr old.

When we played Lincoln City Bert stood on the Bramall Lane end with some friends who were Lincoln fans.
After the game some Unitedites chucked bricks over the wall at us, one narrowly missing the Bert head.
That did not amuse Bert, bricked by own fans.

Pigs at lane when we gave em a quarter of the kop ( who the fucking hell made that decision ) fighting all match covered in spit and that twat Curran scored , and then got twated on the way out bearing in mind I was only 16 at the time and some full grown man/pig smacked me and layed me out on the floor , not a good day that one !
I got bricked at a derby - I'm guessing at 1967 - and got passed down to the front and led up the tunnel, to an ambulance out on John Street. I think I remember seeing a good few of the team in the dressing room as I was carried past the open door. Len Badger, and Eddie Colqhoun (but I was semi conscious so might not remember that correctly!) Saw Alf Ramsey walk in as I waited in the ambulance. Four or five stitches in a head wound, and back just in time to see the end of what I think was a 2-2 draw. No brain damage. Obviously.

I got bricked at a derby - I'm guessing at 1967 - and got passed down to the front and led up the tunnel, to an ambulance out on John Street. I think I remember seeing a good few of the team in the dressing room as I was carried past the open door. Len Badger, and Eddie Colqhoun (but I was semi conscious so might not remember that correctly!) Saw Alf Ramsey walk in as I waited in the ambulance. Four or five stitches in a head wound, and back just in time to see the end of what I think was a 2-2 draw. No brain damage. Obviously.
In "Sharpe as a Blade" book there are pages about the fighting between Blades and Wendy fans before the Lane derby in September 1967 and you arent the only one who got hit on the head by a brick . My uncle's mate (who stopped watching football since he got married in 1971) was borrowing my uncle's helmet and he was dazed when a brick hit him on the head (probably would have been in a worse state if it wasnt for the helmet!) Wendy won with a Ritchie goal and Colquhoun didnt join us until October 1968

The tapered bit of the Kop near the South Stand was always very popular with away fan interlopers for the big games.

Many years ago, me and my brother lived out in the sticks, (one bus every 2 hours to get you Sheffield) we had a local Bobby, who used to keep an eye on us! One Saturday afternoon, we were in the middle of the Kop, singing away, and we both got a slap round the head, turned round and it was the local bobby, his words were “ that’s just in case you start”. Also got hit with a brick at the old Burden Park,

I’ve never been hit at a match but I’m thinking about making a pass flecks wife tonight I’ll report back around 10:30 😂😂😂

I too had long hair and was always refused entry at Josie's.
Got clipped by a bouncer having told him he'd let Hitler in cos he had a suit on but turn Jesus away because of his flowing locks!!!
you should have gone to the Limit. they'd let anyone in. except the normals.

Worst i had was pie gobbed on my jacket when john francis scored the diving header in the 5-4 v brighton

Some twat projectile vomited over me on the John Street Terrace at a night match v Chelsea in, I think, 1977.
Reminds me of something that happened to me almost 30 years ago:

My girlfriend had never been to a football match even though her dad was a big Blades fan.

Her dad, (Bless his soul and RIP), got Parkinson’s disease in his 50’s. Poor owd lad. He stopped going to games a few years after that. Anything that got him tensed up and excited (or worried!) used to set him off. He just couldn’t cope with it. He’d listen to the commentary on Radio Sheffield. Sometimes he had to switch that off if it was getting too much for him.

(Sorry, I digress but I’m just re-living a memory of a wonderful man who was like a father to me and had his enjoyment of watching or even listening to the Blades taken away from him through Mental Health issues. If you ever wondered why I frequent the Mental Health thread -there’s a clue).

Back to the main point of the thread then..

First game I took her to, we sat on the kop. A girl behind her, obviously pissed up, threw up in her hair.

Great! :rolleyes:

This girl goes...(ad verbatim)..”I feel a right wanker for doing that”.

My girlfriend was horrified. She took tissues out of her bag and tried to mop it out of her hair. I felt terrible as I’d persuaded her to go to the match in the first place.

We moved seats in case the poor excuse for a human being should chunder again.

I thought that was the first and last time my girlfriend would ever go to a football match.

I thought that would be the last time my girlfriend was my girlfriend!

In fact she stopped being my girlfriend 8 years later: when she became my wife.

Still with her now. 30 years and two children later.

And she still comes to matches with me.

(She wears a “sou wester” permanently though)!

Threatened with a bottle 1967 v Liverpool on Shorham'street, clipped at Leeds 1968, kicked at Rust Bucket 1967, battered at M'boro 1970. Took up karate 1973. Been reyt ever since.

Never been run, never been done...........

(Other lies are available)

Never been run, never been done...........

(Other lies are available)

I've never been hit at a match.

Closest I came to scrapping in recent years when when we played Millwall at home, some years ago, and after the game a gang of them came running up Randall Street, where Armando's Scooter shop is, shouting and screaming. An old couple where pretty much the closest targets and the old man had a Blades scarf on, so I just walked in front of the old couple, in my Blades top, with a few other blokes I was with, not far behind, and we just stared at them and they sort of broke into a slow trot, and then a walk, and then turned around.

I remember Barnsley away, the game when Morgs elbowed their lad, and when we walked out of the ground, three grown men were running at young Blades, swinging their fists, but didn't do it to any adults, so a few of us just shouted "Oi, f**kin pack it in!", and they pretty much did.

I can't stand it when others pick on people who can't fight back.

I've never been hit at a match.

Closest I came to scrapping in recent years when when we played Millwall at home, some years ago, and after the game a gang of them came running up Randall Street, where Armando's Scooter shop is, shouting and screaming. An old couple where pretty much the closest targets and the old man had a Blades scarf on, so I just walked in front of the old couple, in my Blades top, with a few other blokes I was with, not far behind, and we just stared at them and they sort of broke into a slow trot, and then a walk, and then turned around.

I remember Barnsley away, the game when Morgs elbowed their lad, and when we walked out of the ground, three grown men were running at young Blades, swinging their fists, but didn't do it to any adults, so a few of us just shouted "Oi, f**kin pack it in!", and they pretty much did.

I can't stand it when others pick on people who can't fight back.

Barnsley fans are wankers.

Worksop Town away. Pre-season friendly. Some time between 2013-15. Not "hit" as such. But some chavs mouthed off at me from over a fence. I ignored it at first. Eventually turned around. As I did, one of them javelinned a heavy carpet tube straight into my eye. Then they scarpered. Ended up with a red eye for a few weeks, conjunctivitis & a weird circle for a bruise / cut. Not ideal.

As a 16 year old I got to the match late from work Ona Saturday. Ran up the steps to the back of the kop and this HUGE sargeant said I told you to get down in the kop. Mouthy me sez you’ve never spoken to me before cos I’ve only just got here. WACK! Shut your fuckin mouth and get down in the kop or I’ll fuckin lock you up! First time smacked........last time lippy to a copper!
If that was the 70s think his name was Dave Smith not a copper you fucked about with 🙄🙄

Back
Top Bottom