What was the atmosphere like? ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
I imagine good as Leicester sold out there end. My first trip this season will be Southampton at home. I doubt they'll sell out. Never travelled well I don't think. Can't say I miss being stuck on a train packed with celebrating Leicester fans in this heat.

Quality noise from both fans.

One bug bare. We op err ned ourselves up to the "Harry Maguire he left cos you were shit"

But fair play for the same come back.

I sit in Westfield so can't usually hear away fans but could hear them loud and clear.

Good to have some vocal way fans. Although they seemed to want a rivalry with us.

I was at the front of the Kop and it was really loud, much louder than against Palace I thought.

Only once I was left shaking my head and that was the "die die piggy, piggy die" chant to Vardy. That's very much a pig chant and we're better than that.

I was at the front of the Kop and it was really loud, much louder than against Palace I thought.

Only once I was left shaking my head and that was the "die die piggy, piggy die" chant to Vardy. That's very much a pig chant and we're better than that.
It's not needed, and in any case would just encourage him more to punish us.

Great atmosphere, something I doubt anyone from Leicester has experienced from their ground and third world style city.

I have you know that them plastic clackers can sound pretty loud.
....still shake my head in despair and almost feel embarrassed at any clubs that uses them clackers, it feels American to me.
What next? Piping pre-recorded goal celebrations and cheering through the PA system.

Not bothered with match of the day this week ..

Was a good loss if there is one..

Tried great, but, they aren’t in our mini league.

Southampton are.. so next home game we better buck our ideas up..

Great atmosphere but disappointed about so many empty seats. Why don’t we sell the RV tickets at a tenner a pop?............If I wasn’t a season ticket holder and was living on a budget. A chance to sample the BL atmosphere at a much reduced rate, would trump the restricted view for me.

He said something like 'there may be bigger grounds in the league but the atmosphere at the Lane is something else'

Watched the entire game on NBC, it sounded really loud. You couldn't miss the chants aimed at Varney but I doubt that anyone from outside Sheffield would have known what was being sung.

'Die die piggy piggy die' isn't sung tbat often, so Varney should consider himself honoured as a top reviled porker. He looked class but we restricted him to very few clear chances.

They skipped over the abuse he received on MOTD, making him look like a wanker for taunting our kop

Many of our fans would be the same in their position but you have to smile at the grandeur some of the Leicester fans now exhibit.

The empty seats stuff made me chuckle.

We took over 3 sides of their ground in 1990. Absolutely tinpot. No-one has taken over 2 at the Lane whatever the circumstances, not in my lifetime anyway.

Making out as if the Lane is like Bournemouth there when there’s 9 grounds in the league that are smaller (quick Google).
Yes i know i thought he was being a bit of a twat with that part of his comment,but i think he was comparing us with the grounds that are around twice our size and are generally like libraries for atmosphere.

Yes i know i thought he was being a bit of a twat with that part of his comment,but i think he was comparing us with the grounds that are around twice our size and are generally like libraries for atmosphere.

The fella on Sky was worse. At the end when we were all singing a 2-1 down, he made out like it was the Leicester fans making the noise.

Not like he was sat in the ground or anything, the twat.

Spoke to one of their directors afterwards who said she'd never heard support as loud or passionate. It was worth watching their contingent in the Director's box looking in awe at or fans.

Other than when they scored and for 5 minutes after didn’t hear them

Back
Top Bottom