Lawros prediction

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blademark

Reaction score
Surprisingly informed, and a bit of a fan by the sounds.

Bournemouth v Sheff Utd
I am a big fan of Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder - forget how successful he has been, I just like the way his teams play, with everyone so comfortable on the ball.
Again, I am a bit concerned by the Blades' goal threat in the Premier League. New signing Oli McBurnie is only going to get better but is he going to get the goals to keep them up? There is a bit of pressure on him, and I don't think he will.
Bournemouth's issues are a the other end of the pitch. If they are decent defensively, they will be fine. Otherwise, I think they will struggle.
As for this game, I think it will be close. Bournemouth play good football but United will work hard, and they like to pass it too - they won't launch it.
Lawro's prediction: 1-1

He was bang on last week. Let's hope so again this week, 2-1 to Blades he reckons.
Sheff Utd v Crystal Palace (14:00 BST)
I was really pleased to see Billy Sharp score to earn Sheffield United a point last week. He has spent most of his career in the lower leagues, but he has always got goals.
A draw at Bournemouth was a decent result for the Blades and I quite fancy them to beat Palace, because they will have a real go at them. Bramall Lane will be a full house and there will be a great noise.

Sheffield Utd boss Wilder 'proud' after draw
It is going to be a difficult afternoon for Crystal Palace, anyhow.
Wilfried Zaha should start for them - why wouldn't he? - but having a situation where their best player has asked to leave has not helped their start to the season, and it feels like they have got a few teething problems to sort out.
Lawro's prediction: 2-1
Adam's prediction: 1-2

I do enjoy lawros predictions but has anyone ever seen him predict Liverpool to lose !? Never once seen him in all the years reading them !
If he had predicted them to lose every game last season he would have been correct just once. Predicting a win for Liverpool is a fairly safe bet.

Sheffield Utd v Leicester
Sheffield Utd v Leicester
I thought Leicester were easily the better team in the last 20 minutes of their 1-1 draw at Stamford Bridge last weekend and they probably should have won the game.
Sheffield United have made a really, really good start but Leicester have real quality in areas that can punish them.
Sheffield United won't lose any games through a lack of trying though. Their motivation and application is great. They have a really good manager and will give it a good go.
Lawro's prediction: 0-1
Stefan's prediction: 1-1

I see Champagne Charlie has predicted another defeat. That's 3 defeats in a row from him. He'll get one right eventually.

Once had the pleasure of an afternoon with “big Rolex” Atkinson..

I’d won la competition and went to and had lunch, etc, when I spent the day talking football with him, his quote when I asked him “who was the best player you didn’t sign”

His answer was Mark Lawrenson when he left Preston (I think)

He was still gutted it took a second to blurt it out..

Apparently a great player in a team of great players, ‘‘twas the 70/80s

Double edged sword this week from the Preston Paddy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49920111

Not only does he predict a defeat, he throws in a little gem about our match v Everton:

"That is part of the problem, though, because we have not seen enough performances like that from them.
It is strange how they did not do the same against Sheffield United in their previous home game, for example."

Let me spell this out for you Lawro. It's not strange at all. They came up against a better, more organised team. I know it really, really hurts you to see these giants felled by us little minnows, but we are going nowhere pal.

Back
Top Bottom