Little things that have changed since we got promoted

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As of today.

Twitter

SUFC: 227.3K Followers
SWFC: 282.6K Followers

YouTube

SUFC: 20,536 subscribers
SWFC: 34,093 subscribers

Be interesting to see if these numbers significantly change by the start of next season.

Not sure, Brighton and Huddersfield already have less Twitter followers than us. I think we might see growth to ~300,000 a few months into the season but not much more than that.

As of today.

Twitter

YouTube

Be interesting to see if these numbers significantly change by the start of next season.
From what I remember, our followers have increased significantly in the last year. Sure I looked out of curiosity a year or so back and we were way behind the pigs.

As of today.

Twitter

YouTube

youtube and twitter stats are notoriously unreliable.. ;)

As of today.

Twitter

YouTube

Following the succesful annexation of Hillsborough by Thailand I wonder how many of those followers are based in Bangkok?

As someone who's been to a fair few Citeh games (benefits of growing up in Glossop where a lot of my family are Citeh fans) - one thing I'm looking forward to is the 'match day experienced' improving significantly.

Hopefully the PL will bring a much more varied offering both within the ground when it comes to food and drink, but also the level of service. Still not been able to buy a half time beer and drink it and not miss the second half....

Their offerings in the Superstore make ours look like a jumble sale and I'm assuming adidas will be suddenly giving us the A* service for next season.

One thing Citeh also have is a fan zone as you get off the tram at their stadium. Be interesting to see if we embrace that kind of thing or whether that kind of speak is sacrilege...

While it may be pie in the sky die to property prices, Ive always thought the blades need to do summat like this in order to kick on. Mccabe should buy one of the car parks/industrial lots near the lane, clear it and turn it into a sheffield utd fanzone with a club house.

One of the biggest reasons the pigs always beat us to world cup bids etc is they can promise swillsboro park as a fanzone/congregation area. It would be mint if we had summat better.

Biggest difference will see us get VAR . So if there's a Stephen Gerrard style penalty let's see if they get it right this time

It would be good if they could add a couple of extra turnstiles at the BL end of the South Stand. This season you could turn up at 2.45 and still end up missing kick off.

It would be good if they could add a couple of extra turnstiles at the BL end of the South Stand. This season you could turn up at 2.45 and still end up missing kick off.

Yep for people like me who need that last pint it’s a bit of a pisser! also hope they sort the ale out at half time as I usually need a drink then as well.

They could widen the Kop end ones for the South Stand too, I'm a fat bastard so fair enough it's a squeeze for me, but my brother isn't and he's scraping through them aswell.

Total and utter bollocks rumours about new players coming and going every time I turn on my computer. - Hardly anybody (apart from us) gave a monkey’s before.

As of today.

Twitter

YouTube

I couldn't give a monkey's.

I've been telling Leeds fans for years that you get no points for bodies through the turnstiles.

Same goes for twatter and other social media.

While it may be pie in the sky die to property prices, Ive always thought the blades need to do summat like this in order to kick on. Mccabe should buy one of the car parks/industrial lots near the lane, clear it and turn it into a sheffield utd fanzone with a club house.

One of the biggest reasons the pigs always beat us to world cup bids etc is they can promise swillsboro park as a fanzone/congregation area. It would be mint if we had summat better.

always = the one occasion they did, which never actually happened in the end?

I really don't think that's why they got the nod for 2018. Most if not all fanzones at major tournaments are in the city centre, easily accessible and ideally not next to the stadium where the match is being played. Can you imagine 40,000 leaving Hillsborough plus 20,000 more in the fanzone? It's bad enough when there are 30,000 there...

I really don't think that's why they got the nod for 2018. Most if not all fanzones at major tournaments are in the city centre, easily accessible and ideally not next to the stadium where the match is being played. Can you imagine 40,000 leaving Hillsborough plus 20,000 more in the fanzone? It's bad enough when there are 30,000 there...

If we're buying land around the ground the best thing we could do with it is build a multistory carpark and then we could level off our carpark to get the most space and then turn that into an area for fans, but as you say, any tournament fan zone would be in town.

Devonshire Green it is then

I dont mean a fanzone for watching on screens but rather a space for fans to congregate, celebrate, have a gargle etc. Lots of German clubs have it. Pretty sure Manure do as well.

It's not just the once though is it, they had Euros 96 and loads of cup semis. It wasnt cos it was a nicer or better ground, I genuinely think the only thing that shithole has ever had over us (since they built Lavers at least) is the massive park next door. If we really do kick on and end up extending the stadium, the pubs on london road etc won't have the capacity. They barely did last time in prem. But it would also be mint to just have a blades space to hold outdoor things (like pigs in the park does) and a clubhouse style pub. Id go in for a jar regularly knowing it was going to the club. I know theyve got the hotel and annies bar but both are soulless and dont feel very bladesy. Love international bar but its only open on match days.

Our twitter account seems to be pushing #SUFC far more than #twitterblades now

Back
Top Bottom