Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Brentford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A mixed bag, some accept that it will be tough when they come here, others still think they have a chance of the play-offs.

But.....not a suggestion of condescension, so let's see how we approach this game. We're in good shape, but (stating the obvious) team selection is crucial, so I hope Wilder is able to select the eleven who'll work best as a team. we can win this, and well.

Really sensible set of fans. Bright enough to also realise that the Egan deal suited both sides. I think he's better with the ball at his feet than they give him credit for, but it's clear he's worth a lot more to us than he is/was to Brentford.

Message to Brentford.

John Egan has, without a shadow, been a vitality important cog in our push up the league.

At £4m, for an established Internatonal, at the right sort of age, we stole him off you. Don’t kid yourselves !!

UTB

Really sensible set of fans. Bright enough to also realise that the Egan deal suited both sides. I think he's better with the ball at his feet than they give him credit for, but it's clear he's worth a lot more to us than he is/was to Brentford.

It's the players and the system round him that makes a difference. I have no idea what Egan looked like for Brentford, but when he's playing with JOC, Basham, Fleck, Norwood surrounding him he never has to make a difficult pass; it's either lay it off to one of them or put it well clear. He's the one player who never really has to make a clever pass. Which isn't to say he hasn't looked alright on the ball, just that I can imagine a system which was more demanding of him.

For a team that has just been stuffed by Wednesday they are a confident bunch.

Play offs are a pipe dream for Brentford.

Really sensible set of fans.
Really? I thought I was reading PorkTalk.

“to think Wilder was on our shopping list as a Manager not so long ago. Before he went to Oxford IIRC.”

and Brentford's manager is..? I'd have to Google it. And all this talk of 'making the play-offs'. They've got the same number of points as fucking Wednesday

Really? I thought I was reading PorkTalk.

“to think Wilder was on our shopping list as a Manager not so long ago. Before he went to Oxford IIRC.”

and Brentford's manager is..? I'd have to Google it. And all this talk of 'making the play-offs'. They've got the same number of points as fucking Wednesday

I think he meant it as a point of how well they could've been doing if they'd appointed Wilder. I didn't see it as a slight on him, I thought it was praise.

Brentford fans can say whatever they like, frankly. They are the most remarkable team I've ever seen and the Championship is very lucky to have them. If there's any justice they'll get in the play offs and beat someone like us in the final so their incredible football and philosophy can finally have the Premier League platform it deserves.

220px-Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty.jpg

It's the players and the system round him that makes a difference. I have no idea what Egan looked like for Brentford, but when he's playing with JOC, Basham, Fleck, Norwood surrounding him he never has to make a difficult pass; it's either lay it off to one of them or put it well clear. He's the one player who never really has to make a clever pass. Which isn't to say he hasn't looked alright on the ball, just that I can imagine a system which was more demanding of him.

Yeah completely agree. And a few Brentford posters do recognise that he suits our system better than their's. It was that recognition plus by and large good realism over this game (it's one too far, they're the best in the league at home etc) that made me call them sensible. Although it seems some others disagree :)

I think he meant it as a point of how well they could've been doing if they'd appointed Wilder. I didn't see it as a slight on him, I thought it was praise.

Well they appointed Dean Smith (who did a cracking job for Brentford) six months before CW came here, and Wilder resigned at Oxford nearly 2 years before Smith joined Brentford, I don't see where Chris would ever have been on their 'shopping list'.

Brentford fans can say whatever they like, frankly. They are the most remarkable team I've ever seen and the Championship is very lucky to have them. If there's any justice they'll get in the play offs and beat someone like us in the final so their incredible football and philosophy can finally have the Premier League platform it deserves.

220px-Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty.jpg
This Pinchy bait sure is ripe

Well they appointed Dean Smith (who did a cracking job for Brentford) six months before CW came here, and Wilder resigned at Oxford nearly 2 years before Smith joined Brentford, I don't see where Chris would ever have been on their 'shopping list'.

So what? They were meaning it as praise and you misunderstood, just move on.

Certainly more measured than the Brentalona attitude they displayed last season. One of the more likeable London sides certainly, and a great deal of our success can be attributed to defenders they helped to develop.

Not arsey enough for me, I’m outraged.....

Thanks Weirdo

I thought most came across as dickheads.

*Is Mick Foley playing, he'd suit their style?
*John Egan isn't good on the ball
*Egan is probably not worth £2m

Blah, blah, blah

I thought most came across as dickheads.

*Is Mick Foley playing, he'd suit their style?
*John Egan isn't good on the ball
*Egan is probably not worth £2m

Blah, blah, blah

It's just how we read things. There are more comments which are positive towards us, in that they suggest we'll win, than anything else.

They really don't want to acknowledge that they sold Egan to a team that plays better football than them. You'd think for a club so notorious for their analytics they would realise that we aren't hoofers, and Egan can play. The denial is strong here

Back
Top Bottom