Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield United - 24/09/2017

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'll bite your hand off for a draw and no trouble.

---------------Blackman---------------
--------CCV - Wright - O'Connell--------
Baldock ---- Basham ---- Stevens
-----------Coutts - Fleck-----------
----------------Brooks----------------
----------------Clarke----------------

Possibly?

Just trying to calm some nerves on here! At the end of the day, what will happen, will happen. Know they have been past fit to play, but might be on the bench for all I know . But I cannot see it, can you.

No Sharp, no Donaldson.

I have no idea what's going on with that team now. Looks like the most defensive line-up CW's played? Unless CCV is upfront, which would make little sense.

I'd be shocked if we get even a draw with that team. I'll be shocked if we got a goal. The team reminds me of the play-off final vs Palace at Wembley :(

I hope I'm wrong.

That's as negative as Iv'e seen Wilder go, hope it's another befuddling master plan that we didn't see coming. Going to be soaking up a lot of pressure.

I have no idea what's going on with that team now. Looks like the most defensive line-up CW's played? Unless CCV is upfront, which would make little sense.

I'd be shocked if we get even a draw with that team. I'll be shocked if we got a goal. The team reminds me of the play-off final vs Palace at Wembley :(

I hope I'm wrong.

lol nice, that's the spirit.

I do t get the luv for Bash, he's a grafter but his passing is woeful and is susceptible to major clambers.

Not as confident as I was, happy for a draw... we shall see.

Isn't it fairly obvious? Basham midfield with CCV taking his place in defence. Hardly major surgery to the line-up.

Its a containing line up with a touch of star dust.

I reckon it will be a sort of 4-4-2,expect CCV and Baldock to block the right side threat.

Sorry about no Donaldson, it was a genuine post by me, don't know why he is not in the team, I trust my source, so I'm bitterly disappointed. Would take a draw with that line up

Look, they should win the game considering our depleted forward line and the fact that they have forwards on the bench who cost more than our entire team. But it's a derby. Logic sometimes goes out of the window.

Why are people moaning that this a negative team? One defender in and Duffy out is hardly shutting up the shop especially when you consider how much our defence gets forward.

The starting line up could've been worse, much worse.

Still think we'll look to start with a back 3, its not an attacking central midfield, as such, but i expect Basham to start in midfield to break up play, There were signs against Boro, Cardiff and perhaps Brentford where we were overrun in the middle of midfield.

Wing backs will need to be on their game and get forward when they can.

Upfront, I suspect Clarke will be the central striker and Brooks playing just behind him, perhaps quite deep when we don't have the ball, but getting further forward when we get possession.

Sharp, Duffy and Ched off the bench

lol nice, that's the spirit.

Sorry, I'm a bag of nerves and seeing that has just made it 10 times worse. I hope it's a tactical masterstroke. On the face of it, it seems incredibly negative and I wonder where our chances will come from (presumably the counter but I don't think we have enough). Also seems dangerous to mess with our midfield and take out the AMC from the start and push Coutts up.

Very strange and looks more like a team to counter the opposition threat.

On the plus side, their management team would never have predicted it!

Apologies, I'm probably being overly pessimistic due to nerves. Crosses everything.

One thing is for sure, Leon is taking one for the team again. Please all of the detractors keep that in mind at the end, playing one up front in a game like this is not his choice. Brooks will also be knackered doing to the to-ing and fro-ing between midfield and up front. I'd expect to see Sharp and Duffy after 60 mins no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom