You can’t rest your livers and wallets as yet Blades fans, the celebrations started long ago but continue tonight with the Blades heading to Sheffield Town Hall for a Civic Reception to celebrate the Club’s promotion to the Premier League.
Replicating the bus journey they did following promotion from League One to the Championship, the Blades will leave Bramall Lane at approximately 5.30pm, making their way to the town hall where the players, staff and officials will be welcomed, before being presented to the crowd on a stage outside (meaning a certain right-back won’t be able to risk injury falling off the balcony this year!).
The council are expecting a large turnout and will be showing the happenings via big screens within the ‘fan zone’.
All the key information on the evening can be found below:
- 5.30pm: Open top bus leaves Bramall Lane
- 6.30pm: Bus arrives at Sheffield Town Hall
- 7.00pm: SUFC Players presented to crowd at front of Town Hall
- 2pm-9.30pm: Fargate, Surrey Street, Leopold Street, Pinstone Street, Burgess Street and Holly Street/Balm Green
- 5pm-6.30pm: Rolling road closures from Cherry Street, onto Bramall Lane, across St Mary’s Gate roundabout, along Eyre Street, across Furnival Gate Roundabout, along Arundel Gate, onto Norfolk Street and into Surrey Street
Bus and travel services
Due to road closures some bus services will be disrupted.
Lines that usually stop on Leopold Street, Pinstone Street and Arundel Gate will be affected.
Trams will not be affected.
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment those attending the fanzone are asked to adhere to the following
- Travel by public transport where possible
- Do not bring glass bottles in to the fanzone
- Do not throw cans, cups or other solid objects in to the air, across crowds or over barriers
- Do not set off smoke bombs
- Do not attempt to enter the barrier areas
- Be respectful and do not swear
- Be aware of others around them during celebrations
- Listen to instructions from stewards assisting the event
- Children should be accompanied at all times
An accessible fanzone is available at the front of the Town Hall. People who need to use this area should make themselves known to stewards and may be permitted accompanied by one guest or carer.
The club are planning to live stream as much of the event as possible and obviously supporters will be doing their own thing on social media, follow the action at: