Wonder goals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jimmy Fleck

Reaction score
We’ve been wank all season but also extremely unlucky I mean we seem to concede a screamer or two every game ffs.

We’ve been wank all season but also extremely unlucky I mean we seem to concede a screamer or two every game ffs.
Been like this for years. Seems we don't close down quick enough and stand way too much of the opposition.

Our players ain't good enough/ brave enough or clever enough or quick enough to engage in a quick press, where 2 or 3 surround the man with the ball.

But they all go in which is weird
Other teams see screamers inches wide or hit defenders .we get them deflected in against us

Brighton hit a screamer inside 20 minutes
Couldn't hit a barn door tonight and gifted Luton goal after goal

Luton press and Harry.

We drop off and drop off and drop off until we get to penalty area before we engage in summat...

By that stage the balls been hit from 20 yards.

This low block bollocks needs to stop.

Easy to remember the ones that go in against you but forget the ones scored by Hamer (OK that one was in a defeat but was an equaliser at the time) McAtee and Archer.

Give any good player space and time around the edge of the box they’ll have a pop, and that’s what we do too much

At the same time, mistime closing them down and a good player will waltz straight past you into an even better position - as Eze did frequently tonight. Sometimes it is actually better to stand off and let them take really low percentage shots from distance, and if they hit a worldie you just give them credit for it

This low block bollocks needs to stop.

I would agree as every time the opposition attack I expect us to concede and I'm constantly on edge, plus it means we can't get up the field quickly enough to counter attack effectively.

But.... our defence is overall not only of poor quality but also slower than a 1990s dial-up modem. if we played a high line we'd be cut to pieces more quickly and destructively than the innocent victims in any slasher movie.

I'm afraid it's the evil of two lessers.

As people have said, let any half decent pro have the time to shoot that we allowed olise and eze today, and they would have done the same as they did.

If you give Premier league players the time and space we have.. They will find the goal at anything less than 30 yards.. See Eze today

You can give players time and space in the Championship as most of the time the shot ends up in row Z.

In the Premier League it ends up in the top corner.

There has been a constant issue with us not closing down in the space 5-10 yards across the top of our box. We concede time and again from shots in that area. In the Championship you might get away with it but give PL strikers time in that space and they’ll score.

At the same time, mistime closing them down and a good player will waltz straight past you into an even better position - as Eze did frequently tonight. Sometimes it is actually better to stand off and let them take really low percentage shots from distance, and if they hit a worldie you just give them credit for it
I know what you mean but PL strikers don’t need worldys, they simply slot into the corners for fun from 20 yards.

It's got nothing to do with luck.

We're conceding more goals than any other team in the league so we're going to concede a wider variety of goals and a higher proportion of long range strikes.

We let the best players in the world free on the edge of our box. Souza is there to stop it. He isn’t. So it will continue to happen.

There has been a constant issue with us not closing down in the space 5-10 yards across the top of our box. We concede time and again from shots in that area. In the Championship you might get away with it but give PL strikers time in that space and they’ll score.

Wilder was complaining about us not doing it against Brighton.

But they all go in which is weird
Other teams see screamers inches wide or hit defenders .we get them deflected in against us

Brighton hit a screamer inside 20 minutes
Couldn't hit a barn door tonight and gifted Luton goal after goal

The Luton game was a really skewed result. Our xG was 3.6 vs Luton's 0.7. Overall we're about where you'd expect us to be. Those stats don't account for shots from outside the box, but we're conceding about what we should concede in total.

Back
Top Bottom