Positives: we look better under Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And according to the 4th official, Archer's goal was in the 79th minute

Honestly, Hecky I like you fella but have you seen the past few games?

This is how you get a reaction out of a squad. However I will extent an olive branch, I wasn't particularly aware drawing bloody via an elbow to the head wasn't a red anymore that ones new to me too mate.

I was optimistically hoping for a 0-0 draw tonight, so I've got no complaints about the result. I was tallying us for 3 points in December against Luton with anything else being a bonus. Misfiring Forest have in form Bournemouth next and that's all I'm focused on.

Defeat for Forest tomorrow so they can't get moving would be great.

Definitely not 2 points dropped, I’m sick of reminding myself of this but they were on a 15 game winning streak at home before we rocked up, and beat City and Arsenal in the 2 games before never mind the fact that they’d go top tonight if they won.

I fully expected them to have chances after we scored especially when 9 minutes went up

The board have really written the rule book on how not to conduct yourself when getting promoted to the EPL, for the life of me I can’t understand why he wasn’t brought in sooner, it’s not like the results didn’t warrant it
The natural point was the international break just before the Bournemouth and Burnley games. We had just beat wolves and drew away at Brighton. Hindsight makes it look pretty obvious but at the time? I get it.

The natural point was the international break just before the Bournemouth and Burnley games. We had just beat wolves and drew away at Brighton. Hindsight makes it look pretty obvious but at the time? I get it.

With hindsight it probably should have been after the Newcastle game.

With hindsight it probably should have been after the Newcastle game.
One game after that spurs game and before that a last minute save from Pickford to deny us 3 v Everton.

Maybe now we can agree yeah we should have but at the time I was conflicted and I'll try not to rewrite my own opinions now.

One game after that spurs game and before that a last minute save from Pickford to deny us 3 v Everton.

Maybe now we can agree yeah we should have but at the time I was conflicted and I'll try not to rewrite my own opinions now.
I’m definitely not trying to rewrite mine, I honestly never liked Hecky, appreciate what he achieved but never ever believed he was good enough, he was so far out of his depth we became an embarrassment and laughing stock, I was never conflicted about when he should have gone, the mismanagement of our team has been shocking from top to bottom

Negatives: How many more late goals do we want to concede this season? Also, who scores a 88th min “winner” and doesn’t win?

Sorry blades but disappointed. 2 dropped rather than 1 gained.

Goodnight have a good Xmas see ya Boxing Day UTB

Lets be right here though. This still isn't the ideal team Wilder wants to put out either. Wilder or any manager who came in has to deal with the shitshow of injuries left behind by Hecky and his team. So we have players in the squad who are either inexperienced or at their upper limit fitness wise due to lack of numbers. That lack of depth, experience and fitness is what harms us at this level and in those final moments of games it means we make mistakes.

At the moment it looks like we have around 5 players out injured long term either for most of the season or all of it.

It’s obvious if the worst happens we have a better chance of bouncing back next season under Wilder than we would would have under heckingbottom
100%

I was just about ready to check out, but I'm now really looking forward to next season, with Wilder in the championship hopefully with a larger budget than before, having to build a new squad and do it all again

And I think he will do it again

We've got the best man for the job, and he's back home and mentally primed to succeed again

I'm just disappointed to talk about the championship there as if its inevitable because I think a win tonight could have truly changed the season

I’m definitely not trying to rewrite mine, I honestly never liked Hecky, appreciate what he achieved but never ever believed he was good enough, he was so far out of his depth we became an embarrassment and laughing stock, I was never conflicted about when he should have gone, the mismanagement of our team has been shocking from top to bottom
I'm absolutely more pro wilder than I ever was Hecky but I think I gave him credit for what he did under trying circumstances. I always thought he was Wilder light but didn't really want to commit to the push until the Bournemouth game

Don't want to speak ill of Hecky who gave us a couple of very enjoyable seasons. But it's pretty clear already that in a number of respects Wilder is just a much better manager.
Would be interested to know how much Knill influences our setup in the recent games. Wilder seems to be the motivator but I think Knill is the tactician. Might be doing both a disservice there though as they both might be good at all aspects.

Definitely not 2 points dropped, I’m sick of reminding myself of this but they were on a 15 game winning streak at home before we rocked up, and beat City and Arsenal in the 2 games before never mind the fact that they’d go top tonight if they won.

I fully expected them to have chances after we scored especially when 9 minutes went up
It's definitely 2pts dropped but 1 gained. Look at it anyway u want.

Negatives: How many more late goals do we want to concede this season? Also, who scores a 88th min “winner” and doesn’t win?

LG1 WES

Souza has been outstanding under Wilder.

Seems to be really finding his feet.

For their goal it was a quality ball, right in the corridor of uncertainty.

But the rule as a keeper is if you come you have to get it, if not, you stay at home.
That was a massive error by Fodringham he was positioned perfect for that ball if it came in around his six yard box
Watch his reactions to it really poor

At least we are not getting hammered 5-0 by the likes of Arsenal and Burnley. Some perspective required perhaps?

Wilder might not get us qualified for Europe but he’s made a decent start of improving our attitude and performances.

The board have really written the rule book on how not to conduct yourself when getting promoted to the EPL, for the life of me I can’t understand why he wasn’t brought in sooner, it’s not like the results didn’t warrant it
To be honest if the Board made the change after Newcastle then I don’t think many could have complained.

Back
Top Bottom