Match Thread Wolverhampton Wanderers v. Sheffield United - 9th January 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WOLV
WOLV
WOLV

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1641297058999.png v. 1641297065858.png
FA Cup Round 3 proper - Sunday 9th January 2022 - 14:00 - Molineux
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/wolverhampton-wanderers-vs-sheffield-united.601/

Officials:

Referee:
Paul Tierney
Assistant Referee: Peter Kirkup
Assistant Referee: Akil Howson
Fourth Official: Dean Whitestone
VAR: Robert Jones
Additional VAR Assistant: Mark Scholes

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2022-01-09 at 10.31.38.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Information from Wolves for travelling supporters:
  • Away supporters will be located in the Steve Bull stand lower tier and turnstiles will open 90 minutes prior to kick off
  • We will be conducting covid pass spot checks at designated points around the stadium ahead of kick-off, in line with the new government requirements. Adult supporters are encouraged to obtain a COVID Pass via the NHS App or NHS website so that they can provide proof of full vaccination and/or of a negative test within the past 48 hours, and supporters should be ready to show this when at the stadium. Random checks will be carried out by our fan ambassadors, we ask supporters for their co-operation and to be respectful to the fan ambassadors. This will apply to away supporters at Molineux. Further info will be published on our official website later this week.
  • Supporters are reminded that wearing a face covering indoors or in crowded areas at the stadium is now a legal requirement.
  • We ask all visiting supporters to follow our supporters code of conduct which can be viewed at the following link. https://www.wolves.co.uk/media/21897/supporter-code-of-conduct-december-21.pdf
  • Concourse catering kiosks will be available for visiting supporters, serving food, hot and cold drinks and alcoholic beverages.
  • Molineux is a cashless stadium and visiting supporters are advised to ensure they have card or contactless payment to hand.
  • Away supporters will also be welcome in the Molineux Fan Zone which is located near Block 5 of the Sir Jack Hayward stand and opens at 11am. The Fan Zone serves hot and cold food and drink as well as alcohol.
  • The Bluebrick (WV10 0BA) is the designated away fans pubs. They have tables both indoors and outdoors and serve food, however supporters wishing to order food are advised to call in advance to pre-order
  • Matchday parking is still available to book at wolvesparking.co.uk
  • Any enquiries can be directed to [email protected]
  • A number of FAQ’s providing further information on matchdays at Molineux can be found at wolves.co.uk/fan-services

Last edited:

a team that after 3 weeks off, have just gone to old trafford & beaten manchester united what could possibly go wrong 😁

but i dont how wolves are going to approach this game because they are in that no mans land of the premier league, bit like leicester last season. they arent threatened by relegation so wont chuck in their reserves, like a watford or a burnley. their 1st team are more than good enough to have a run at the competition get to the latter stages, if some of the big guns go out they could win it. but unlike the top 6 if they a play a weakened side we could easily beat them

a team that after 3 weeks off, have just gone to old trafford & beaten manchester united what could possibly go wrong 😁

but i dont how wolves are going to approach this game because they are in that no mans land of the premier league, bit like leicester last season. they arent threatened by relegation so wont chuck in their reserves, like a watford or a burnley. their 1st team are more than good enough to have a run at the competition get to the latter stages, if some of the big guns go out they could win it. but unlike the top 6 if they a play a weakened side we could easily beat them
We've just had 3 weeks off and won on our last visit to Old Trafford as well :)

Couldn't give a fat fuck about the FA Cup, TBH

Priorities:

1. Jettison some of Wilder's duds
2. Sign at least one MF, one LWB and a LCB
3. Pick up the momentum to advance toward the top of the division

pommpey
2 CB's
1 MF
Not sure we need a LWB, and wondering if Seriki might drop back into the squad with Lopata.
Also, if Coulibaly does get recalled, does that cover the 3 positions???
Hopefully Burke and Moose leave, also Freeman and Verrips need to go too, if atall possible.

Couldn't give a fat fuck about the FA Cup, TBH

Priorities:

1. Jettison some of Wilder's duds
2. Sign at least one MF, one LWB and a LCB
3. Pick up the momentum to advance toward the top of the division

pommpey

Might actually be a good game to play, would rather after 4 games off they played a game that we are not too bothered about than go fresh back into a Championship game. Treat it like a "pre-season" friendly warm up game.

So what do we do? In normal circumstances I'd be for giving a few of the fringe players a run out.

However since weve gone so long without a game I'd think Hecky will play our first 11 to try and get them match Sharp for the upcoming league games

Is age on your side? I'm running out of time.
Probably not buddy, taking into account we last won the cup in the mid 1920s - I'm 60 and was first captured by the curse on a sunny Sept day in 1970 at home to Bristol City, so thats nearly 51 years of dreaming and hoping that this year's the year, only to be knocked out - sometimes so so so close to a final - every year .

I think that if i was 11 i would be running out of time - but so what - its our club and we live on dreams - we can dream cant we ? Being a Blade its about what we nearly did and how we fkd it up.

Here's to the next time.....

Fingers crossed on Sunday - i must be old fashioned but i love the FA Cup and like us all would love us to have our day - just the one

i competely get the apathy towards the league cup, the fact you get as much prize money for making a semi as you do a 1st round of the FA cup & its also at the start of the season, but ive never understood these people who dont want to be in the FA Cup, it is the best Cup competion in the world, fully on Free to air TV, every year i get excited, 1 of the games i was most angry about in our promotion season was barnet i left that ground fuming. as ive said many times if i get a chance to sing abide with me once in a cup final, ill be a happy man

& i can guarantee every single person who says they dont care about the FA Cup will be in the queue for a ticket as soon as we make a wembley Semi final or a final. because their hypocritics alot like piers morgan who only says these things because they think being a shock jock will make them popular

i competely get the apathy towards the league cup, the fact you get as much prize money for making a semi as you do a 1st round of the FA cup & its also at the start of the season, but ive never understood these people who dont want to be in the FA Cup, it is the best Cup competion in the world, fully on Free to air TV, every year i get excited, 1 of the games i was most angry about in our promotion season was barnet i left that ground fuming. as ive said many times if i get a chance to sing abide with me once in a cup final, ill be a happy man

& i can guarantee every single person who says they dont care about the FA Cup will be in the queue for a ticket as soon as we make a wembley Semi final or a final. because their hypocritics alot like piers morgan who only says these things because they think being a shock jock will make them popular

Much better since BT binned off the rights and ITV bought into It. 10 3rd round matches on free to air TV over the weekend, as it should be...even if the match picks are somewhat predictable.

One of my proudest moments of being a Blade was that 5-3 loss to Hull in 2014 it was the effort they put in and the standing ovation after Hull scored their 5th you could see the players put everything in

One of my proudest moments of being a Blade was that 5-3 loss to Hull in 2014 it was the effort they put in and the standing ovation after Hull scored their 5th you could see the players put everything in
yeah that was certainly 1 of those games you look back at & smile

Much better since BT binned off the rights and ITV bought into It. 10 3rd round matches on free to air TV over the weekend, as it should be...even if the match picks are somewhat predictable.

yeah its a shame because if the draw was reverse you would have some cracking ties, chesterfield v Chelsea, Shrewsbury V liverpool, Morecambe V spurs. & maybe there should be a rule that says if your premier league drawn against league 1 team or below, your automatically away from home. to get some great tv ties.

but also i complete understand why they picked the PL games, because they also need the viewing figures them games bring. i actually predicted 5 of 6 live games as well. but the 1 i got wrong was because i assumed kidderminster v reading wouldve been picked

Last edited:
Foxy - game not on SUTV this weekend. International coverage has now been confirmed. Includes 10 Play in Australia, Supersports Action throughout Africa, ESPN in US and Caribbean, Nova Sport in Czech Republic, Viaplay in Denmark plus loads of others.

We could do with the money from drawing a 'big' club away, after we have beaten man city and Liverpool and lose at Old Trafford after running em ragged only to lose to an iffy VAR intervention. UTB.

I brought back a memory from that game too.......

Attachments

• DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG
    717.7 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC_0062.JPG
    DSC_0062.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0063.JPG
    DSC_0063.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • DSC_0064.JPG
    DSC_0064.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 21
Ok...so now I know who I saw getting kicked around the stands by the fucking loonies that day. Silver linings and clouds, eh?
That was from a baton, kindly delivered from a lovely chap in yellow, on a horse, actually.

I brought back a memory from that game too.......
how did that happen

i know after i accidentally shoulder barged my mum onto wembley steps. shes never let me forget & every yr that picture of her cut arm comes up 😁

how did that happen

i know after i accidentally shoulder barged my mum onto wembley steps. shes never let me forget & every yr that picture of her cut arm comes up 😁
If you remember, they shut the GREEN MAN, and we all ended up with cans, on the green, there were women and children on there too!, at the bottom of the hill.
There were pubs full of Hull fans down the road toward the garage, and a few Hull decided to cause a bit of bother, and then the police waded in. Lovely sunny afternoon as I recall.....

Back
Top Bottom