Will we be up for it?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Of course. We made it to Wembley in the Ched / pigs promotion season. Call it a senior moment.

We've failed in the Play Offs so many times it's hard to keep track.:)

I will not go. I think that will be the turning point. I've been to every big game since 1961 and we've lost them all, so I think I'll do United and myself a favour!!!!

and...

We all know what happens in the play offs. Doubt I'll be at wembley, doubt even more if I'll bother with the semis either.
Autos or nothing for me

and...

I'll do both legs but will avoid Wembley like the plague. I said I wouldn't watch another Play Off final after the Burnley game then ended up going to the Huddersfield one. Think we'll do it this time but the pub seems a better option to me

and...

I might go to Wembley again if only for the reason that I have eventually, after so many trips there, found a really good curry house (albeit veggie) on the High Street so fuck the result - I can have a good cuzzer with Ken Jnr and a few beers before sodding off back the the Midlands in a despondent mood. Every cloud, eh?

Fucking hell! I hope the players have more belief than you lot! It's like being on a Man. U forum - 'Woe is us, we don't win every single match!' :D

Look. I'll be at the Lane tonight, freezing my bollocks off, watching a team of honest triers (and Peterborough ;)) and going through the usual crap. Why? In the hope that, on a sunny, late-spring evening on May 24th, I can make my way back to St. Pancras and have a couple before the train home. Will it be a triumphant journey back? Who knows? "Little do ye know your own blessedness; for to travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour."

Like Woodwardfan, I've been present at every single debacle since the 1960's. One day, we'll do it.

Believe.

Last edited:
The Huddersfield game, we were positive but after loosing Ched, there was always a sense of this could all go wrong, The Yeovil games we never had the same feeling, but this time I believe we could win it more than any other time in recent years, but then again it is Wembley, But I will definitely be making the trip over for it nonetheless!

The Huddersfield game, we were positive but after loosing Ched, there was always a sense of this could all go wrong, The Yeovil games we never had the same feeling, but this time I believe we could win it more than any other time in recent years, but then again it is Wembley, But I will definitely be making the trip over for it nonetheless!

Good on yer, FB. We call it the 'Dunkirk Spirit'. :D (We got a pasting there, as well!)

That year we had just Cresswell up front, the previous time just Craig Beattie.

Just one injury to Done and history could repeat itself.

we do have alternatives this time , murphy mcnulty and even higdon , fit , give us a lot more than weve had before, not to mention che adams who I think will offer us something extra

Just one injury to Done and history could repeat itself.

You just know that will be the case though, don't you?
If experience tells us nothing else it states that the Footballing Gods have a wizard wheeze at our expense.
They formulate their plans in dark alleyways - constructing ever more cruel ways to inflict misery and despondency on us.
Hatching unspeakable mischief and perpetrating incredible coincidences just for us.

Why do you think there is Beer?

If experience tells us nothing else it states that the Footballing Gods have a wizard wheeze at our expense.
They formulate their plans in dark alleyways - constructing ever more cruel ways to inflict misery and despondency on us.
Hatching unspeakable mischief and perpetrating incredible coincidences just for us.

Never mind the football Ken, tell us about your sex life.....you have such a fertile approach to football and fantasy, I've now gone beyond curiosity to learn more about how your imagination conjures up a world where you are a sexgod who has few limits, and even those leave little to the imagination...please Ken, release the inner sex fiend, reveal what it is that lies at the root of the beast within UTB

I think the cup runs have given the team good experience which should stand us in good stead for knock out games - whether lady luck is going to smile on us or continue pissing in our beer is another matter.o_O

Remember the triple assault season? You could have said the same then. I'll be dreading the play-offs and though I'll try to lift the team, doubt very much I'll enjoy them at all.

Never mind the football Ken, tell us about your sex life.....you have such a fertile approach to football and fantasy, I've now gone beyond curiosity to learn more about how your imagination conjures up a world where you are a sexgod who has few limits, and even those leave little to the imagination...please Ken, release the inner sex fiend, reveal what it is that lies at the root of the beast within UTB

Blood - put some bromide in your tea for goodness sake and calm down, feller :eek:

I am not Darren - nothing like it - nothing remotely interesting or obscure here - no mini deity off on a journey of discovery - no mind half the size of a small planetoid with instant recall - just a plain, common or garden feller with a love for football, family and beer. :oops:

It does feel different. I think our squad is marginally better this time ;)

Squad v Yeovil:-
Sheff Utd: Long, Westlake, Maguire, Collins, Hill, Murphy, McDonald, Doyle, Robson (McFadzean 31), Porter (Whitehouse 90),Kitson (Ironside 74).
Subs Not Used: Coyne, Higginbotham, Chapell, Barry
Attendance 15,262

Surprised we even made the playoffs with that squad.

Blood - put some bromide in your tea for goodness sake and calm down, feller :eek:

I am not Darren - nothing like it - nothing remotely interesting or obscure here - no mini deity off on a journey of discovery - no mind half the size of a small planetoid with instant recall - just a plain, common or garden feller with a love for football, family and beer. :oops:

Ken, it was meant as nothing more than a jovial bit of nonsense. The fact that you're 'ordinary', or was that 'plain', is something I would never hold against you mate. As for Darren, from what I can gather a decent guy.

As for the bromide, it'd spoil my Earl Grey.

Ken, it was meant as nothing more than a jovial bit of nonsense. The fact that you're 'ordinary', or was that 'plain', is something I would never hold against you mate. As for Darren, from what I can gather a decent guy.

As for the bromide, it'd spoil my Earl Grey.

No offence taken Blood :)
Just an oppty to "joust back"
Earl Grey - lovely stuff

And red wine!!:fattwat:

Man alive. You'll be telling us Lady Grey's more delicate flavours go deliciously with cucumber sandwiches next ;)

String, don't get me started on the emasculated brew known as Lady Grey. It smoulders in the devil's bladder until it's reaches optimum pissworthyness, so gargle away my friend, but you have been warned!

Surprised we even made the playoffs with that squad.
I had to look up who Robson was and he wasn't even one of the worst in that team.

I think lots of us will write us off as a form of self-protection. If you embrace hope in May it extends your emotional investment several times over (like you can quantify this) and some of us are too scarred to dive in headfirst again. Like a football PTSD. I for one watched the Huddersfield final in the pub because I worried myself by thinking we might nick it but then look what happened.

It's like a test sent to us - endure the painful memories once more without losing faith and ye shall be rewarded. Possibly.

I think the cup runs have given the team good experience which should stand us in good stead for knock out games - whether lady luck is going to smile on us or continue pissing in our beer is another matter.o_O

However, to get to the "knock-out games" we have to beat either Swindon / MKD / Preston over 2 legs .......
THAT, is more than likely the problem unless we bring in a dominant CH & a big strong pacey striker to play with Done.
UTB & FTP

We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.

Back
Top Bottom