Wilders best season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
1st season at Northampton? Takes the club from bottom of league 2 to a comfortable mid table position in half a season.
2nd season at Northampton? Wins the league comfortably with 99 points.

Both seasons had immense financial pressures on the whole club with all staff not being payed at for a long period.

1st season at Lane? Takes charge from Nigel Badkins who led the club to its worst league position in a generation. 100 points and the clubs first honour since 1981/82

3rd season at Lane? Guides a squad of Journmen/Nearlymen/vagabonds and ruffians to 2nd place narrowly missing out on the title but gaining promotion to the promised land of milk and honey.

For me if I have to put these achievements in order on footballing instead of personal merit I’d have to go

3rd season at the Lane
1st season at Northampton
1st season at the Lane
2nd season at Northampton

They’re al remarkable achievements and trying to put them into an order is difficult.

Keeping us up next season will be his best. Absolutely no question.
Thereafter who knows?

He just continues to learn and evolve his style in management, playing style and media without being over confident. He is humble enough to ask for advice from retired managers as well as those doing well still in football. He is simply incredible at what he does and we are so lucky he's one of us.

As above, especially Boo, the man is incredible, he learns from fans, managers and players, the evolution of the Blades is nothing short of incredible, and yet never sits on his laurels, never seems to retain sentiment, so bloody focused on taking his/our Blades as far as possible.
I believe when he thinks he's done all he can, even then he will step aside if there's a manager better suited, all for the betterment of Sheffield United, not personal gain or personal glory, the man is already a legend, how far can he go?
As far as he chooses by the looks of it.
Fasten your seatbelt is gonna be a hell of a ride.

2001-02 Alfreton Town, he took over at the club in late October 2001 and in the 27 weeks he was in charge won four trophies: the Northern Counties (East) League Premier Division, the League Cup, the President's Cup and the Derbyshire Senior Cup.
At any level taking over a club after the season has started and just sweeping all before you, is always worth a mention.
(Curiously not even named on Alfreton's Facebook page after that season with them.)

2019/20, the season we won the prem.
Has to be his best season surely?

Back
Top Bottom