Wilder’s stubbornness / Grbic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will Wilder’s stubbornness cost him him job?

• No

Votes: 80 28.3%
  • No, but it should with Grbic

Votes: 109 38.5%
  • Yes, immediately. Because of the keeper situation primarily

Votes: 23 8.1%
  • Yes, but after summer transfer business onwards

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Yes, but for tactics/other reasons

Votes: 56 19.8%

• Total voters
Wilder is still not paid up from his last disaster with us , but by coming back he gets a shop window and we don’t have to pay full up money. Just saying 😜

Wilder might have too much history with our players to make objective decisions, just like Hecky with renewing some contracts.

We meed bigger reset within the squad.

Of course he isn’t; CW had been out of work for 18 months - no chance he’s got Atletico Madrid’s no 2 ready to sign for us after 2 weeks in the job
18months..Mmm.. wonder why nobody would touch him after that length of time.. hang on... Prince hear Chris seeing as nobody else is interested in you fancy another crack at it. Oh by the way there's no money but we've got you a goalkeeper we want you to play.

I would rather have Jagielka in his prime playing in goal tbh. I'm not going to abuse Grbic over it - the lad simply isn't good enough so my frustrations sit with whoever at the club scouted him and decided to pull the trigger. My frustration also sits with wilder for refusing to drop him several games ago. We could theoretically be 6-9 points better off.

I'm actually quite sad because one of my favourite sayings when somebody is talking bollocks is to apply the 'duck test' .... you know, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc............. Well he's completely pissed on my bonfire.

In Grbic's case .... he looks like a goalkeeper, walks like a goalkeeper, talks like a goalkeeper etc ..................... but ffs I'd rather have Donald Duck in the net.

If Wilder starts next season with Grbic, it will cost him his job by Christmas, and we’ll all be nervous wrecks.
A decent defence starts with the keeper, and I’m afraid, you can tell none of the players have any confidence in him, and why should they?
My guess is as well, some players still have a loyalty to Wes, who let’s face it was just thrown under a bus by Wilder, when Grbic arrived.
I was a big fan of Wilder, and wasn’t one of those who blamed him for walking out and to be honest was happy to see him back.But so far I’m afraid I’ve been very unimpressed.His judgement in bringing Grbic in, and still playing him, when he clearly isn’t good enough is worrying.But also, I think he’s quickly lost the dressing room, if he ever had it, and the players just aren’t playing for him.Worrying times!

To be perfectly honest the only chance of us getting rid of Chris Wilder…is to change the ownership. No new regime would want Wilder in charge of their team…Sadly, Chris Wilder is now wrecking his own legacy with the club he supposedly loves.

I'm still not sure I believe Wilder is anything except a Patsy for the owner/United World to carry on with their fucking around. Wilder had and has absolutely zero leverage and the jobs he was being linked with were towards the bottom of L1. This is a high profile job and just his name buys him a lot of credit with a lot of supporters.

Complete tinhat conspiracy stuff but:

Wes doesn't want to sign the deal he's been offered, doesn't get to play anymore
Grbic is signed by whoever is in charge of recruitment at UW and for whatever reason (my bet is a favour to an agent). He plays regardless of how bad he is. He currently looks like an actor who's never played football before trying to fill a role in a play.

Slightly different note. United have a go at lowballing Andre Brooks on his new contract. He holds out for the deal he wants and gets it. Since then, he barely sees the pitch. Now he may well be nowhere near good enough but he'd shown enough in his early performances to warrant more than 99 minutes over the last 10 games

The whole club is an absolute shower of shit. Amateur hour at every turn. I don't see why they wouldn't fuck around with the first XI as well
He was being linked with Sunderland… never saw a bottom end league one 😂

This season has finished so he's trying to play our keeper into some form. Not hard to see why, plenty of players turn their form around after being starting poorly and being written off like Coutts.

Isn't working with Grbic, but imagine if other managers binned off multi million pound players with multi million pound contracts after a run of bad games, they'd be skint in two seasons. Even Chelsea have stuck with Jackson this season.
But he’s the goalie. If an outfield player makes a mistake it’s often recoverable. A goalie makes a mistake it more often than not ends in a goal.

It’s not about playing him into form although I kind of get what you mean. It’s not just form, it’s the fundamentals, he’s not good enough I’m sorry to say

Wilder is still not paid up from his last disaster with us , but by coming back he gets a shop window and we don’t have to pay full up money. Just saying 😜
You might well be correct. But this particular shop window looks like a Great Dane with a chronic stomach condition has done a mammoth liquid shit in this shop window.

Nobody is going to want to buy that……

But he’s the goalie. If an outfield player makes a mistake it’s often recoverable. A goalie makes a mistake it more often than not ends in a goal.

It’s not about playing him into form although I kind of get what you mean. It’s not just form, it’s the fundamentals, he’s not good enough I’m sorry to say

The first two goals Saturday were mild deflections, he will say that's what meant they went in, but we all can see that they were both saveable chances..

Where he got unlucky the Burnley keeper positioned himself for the mcburnie chance, and made a great save..

Somebody asked me Sunday about *garlic and I said "looks like he got his first goalie gloves for Xmas - then we signed him in January"

I stand by that, overall not a keeper, and he will destroy next season by himself, he's really that bad..

* garlic, way more useful than girbic, id stick a bulb in the net If I had the chance..

1713684216787-png.182335
"Now then Ivo lad, I've got a decision to mek abhat thee before Old Trafford. We'll be playing in all yellow, so shall I put thee in the all white goalie strip, the all black or that daggy insipid mint one? Eeee, eck, the decisions that Premier League managers have to mek, I dunt know."

There is a difference in how the defence play with different keepers, the last time I recall them having total confidence was with Henderson in goal.

Does anybody believe really Grbic is a Wilder signing? Had he ever even seen him play? Last time, after he had left, we had the club putting stuff out there about how Brexit Wilder had rejected all these brilliant foreign players that United World's recruitment geniuses had found. I think accepting Grbic is Wilder's way of showing his bosses that he's willing to play ball this time.

The problem is that Grbic is shit. Just based on the teams who have signed him previously, you'd think there must be a good keeper in there somewhere. Maybe his confidence is shot, I don't know. But he's really bad at everything so far.

Ima about in agreement with this, other than the confidence bit.
He arrived with some fanfare, we were desperate for a keeper, it dragged on as usual with united, he came from a top club.,.not only that he was coming to a club at the bottom of the league and even then clearly going down. There was very little pressure on him. But the moment he stepped on that pitch against Brighton for the warm up, dropped a few, kicked all over, got up and down off the floor slower than me and was mostly stood in the wrong place it was clear then we’d fucked up.
That isn’t confidence it’s lack of ability.
Since then he’s done nothing to alter my position that he’s a very poor keeper both technically and physically (can’t jump either btw)
He can’t command his area, organisation is non existent and even his own players are now turning on him.

You give new players time, often because you know deep down how good they are but r in blind hope that someone at the club knows.
But with this guy, I simply cannot believe how we but most incredibly Athletico could get it so wrong…and it is astonishing he’s actually made it into professional football because I’ve seen better keepers just in shot stopping in the Sunday leagues.

If he starts tomorrow I’m done for this season. Not another minute of football will I watch.

Is there a link between Grbic arriving and our head of recruitment leaving soon after.

Or are we just using Wilder/PA as scapegoats.

Back
Top Bottom