Why.............................

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The number of spats you seem to get embroiled in on here would suggest you don't always keep a level head when posting. A bit pompous to suggest otherwise I have to say.
Nah, spats don't prove that. In fact they've got nowt to do with it.

But if it makes me pompous, it makes me pompous.

It's the truth so I don't particularly mind what anyone makes of it.

Oh come on Gruffalo you're telling me you weren't pleased when we won?

You have a point, both the positive and the negative go to the far end. I guess to offset each other. What is good is that Wilder has something to start with. Another 3 points next game and suddenly we look upwards and not downwards.

The shots thing has bothered me for some time. You only need to look at the stats and compare one of our games to that of many others going on. We must have among the fewest shots at goal of any team. Why is that? Because I think if you crack that you crack the problem.
Spot on
We weren't perfect but it was far better than we have been and takes the pressure off Wilder abit. The tempo was far better 2nd half but it's bloody frustrating when we pass up the opportunity to have a pop on goal. If you don't shoot, you don't score

Nah, spats don't prove that. In fact they've got nowt to do with it.

But if it makes me pompous, it makes me pompous.

It's the truth so I don't particularly mind what anyone makes of it.

I take as I find and while when you arrived you appeared to get involved in ever petty argument (arguing with site owners etc) and bring the place down you seem to have settled. You got it right early on with Adkins and you speak your mind.

People may not like that but in my opinion it's exactly what the site needs. When I see some of the weapons grade shit posted on here I welcome someone like Barney, Ricky or Pete who, while have come with their own reputations (and from the dark side) I feel contribute to debate on actual football matters. I may not agree and have argued with each one of them but in my experience they don't harbour a grudge and argue the point rather than the person. I like that.

Better this than some prick who comes on and demands a car park demo or can't actually put their post in the area it is supposed to be in.

One thing you must not do is mention any negative at all. All we will accept after a win is praise and nothing but. Overly excited over reactionary praise too, we don't mind a bit of that.

Together, we could make getting shat on by a seagull into an outstanding positive. I prefer to be reasoned, look at the bigger picture and not jump to unnecessary conclusions, positive or negative but I'm not sure that's as fashionable.

giphy.gif

Better this than some prick who comes on and demands a car park demo or can't actually put their post in the area it is supposed to be in.

Well at half-time, I for one was getting ready to join Brian The 'Blade' in the car park after the game (Gang of Two?)

Seriously, can't have been nice for CW to hear 'Sacked in the morning...' (for those who didn't go, it was the Oxford fans who were singing it :D) and he's bought himself some time. If we're still in the shit come Christmas, I think CW will just walk away as this job already appears to be affecting his health.

To the OP and 'why don't we shoot?', it's something that's been affecting us for 2 or 3 seasons. It's a general lack of awareness and speed of thought by our players. Even at this level, a split seconds' hesitation and the chance is gone. I was watching the players shooting into the 'dummy goal' before KO. The number that actually went in was pitiful. Much more to do in training.

Look at Scougal's goal last week. Shit shot but scored. There are so many errors in this league (just look at our keeping) that shooting as often as possible is probably the best way to score.

.......................... are we so shot shy?

I missed the Rochdale game as I was away, but in the last two games at BL I've never seen the opposition gk worked so little

No one seems to want to have a go and at least test the keeper. Make him work. Make him save it. One never knows, he might even spill it for someone to follow up. You know a bit like the Oxford goal :confused:

It's been something I've also noticed that we rarely do. Also fits in with the opinion that our midfielders don't score. Basham turning round instead of shooting was unforgivable v Rochdale . I'd be interested in the stats on this shots from outside the box and goals scored.

A good promotion team will generally have 20-30 goals scored by its midfield - I'd doubt if Coutts Scougs and Basham would manage that in 3 seasons.

It's been something I've also noticed that we rarely do. Also fits in with the opinion that our midfielders don't score. Basham turning round instead of shooting was unforgivable v Rochdale . I'd be interested in the stats on this shots from outside the box and goals scored.

A good promotion team will generally have 20-30 goals scored by its midfield - I'd doubt if Coutts Scougs and Basham would manage that in 3 seasons.

Somebody's hacked LS26's account. Either that or he's gone soft. Not one profanity in his post, what's up mate, you feeling ok?

Back
Top Bottom