Who do you think will be appointed?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who do you think will be appointed next manager of SUFC?

• Nigel Adkins

• Karl Robinson

• Phil Parkinson

• John Hughes

• Stuart McCall

• Sean O'Driscoll

• Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

• Russel Slade

• Dennis Wise

• Lee Clark

• Chris Morgan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Robinson is using us like a stalking horse to get more from MKD for his next contract.

Why on earth would he leave the team he has just spent years trying to get out of L1 to go back?

Is it true he took eight years to get MKD up? Crikey he will be lucky to get a season with us.

We are back to square one, again. The list of likely candidates is very uninspiring.

Oh deary me. HH

Robinson is using us like a stalking horse to get more from MKD for his next contract.

Why on earth would he leave the team he has just spent years trying to get out of L1 to go back?

Is it true he took eight years to get MKD up? Crikey he will be lucky to get a season with us.

We are back to square one, again. The list of likely candidates is very uninspiring.

Oh deary me. HH

I think Robinson would leave MK Dons for us if we seriously put the offer to him. And I also think that taking eight years to get a team to the Championship aint that bad for a club that's not much more than eight years old to start with. He's had them knocking on the door of promotion for years and now he's finally done it by making improvements year on year.
But you're right, he wont get eight years at Bramall Lane because things are very different at Bramall Lane to MK Dons (and neither would anyone else).

Cloughie has been sacked because of the backward step we've taken more so than just his failure to get us promoted.
If we'd been playing scintillating, exciting football but just kept losing games by letting stupid goals in the problem could be addressed by tightening the defence up. This might have bought him more time.
If we'd been playing scintillating, exciting football but missing chance after chance the problem would be sorted by signing one or two proven finishers with good anticipation, this might also have bought him some more time.
We don't really know how good our strikers can be because they've had nowt created for them, we don't know how settled our defence could be because our boring defensive style has put so much more pressure on them that wasn't needed, during the course of a game something has to give if you sit back and ask for it.
I liked Nigel but the season has been dire, the negativity in games at this level is unforgivable. Christ even Warnock was criticised for negative play in away games in the Premier League. But, I'm pretty sure he would have put a team together to wipe the floor with this division.

Last edited:
I think it's between Adkins and Parkinson but Adkins will be appointed.

I would be happy with either.

Oh deary me. HH
Or are we using Robinson as a stalking horse to get Adkins to sort out his pay-off with Reading?
Or is it all a smokescreen and McCabe is on the phone to Fergie Jnr as we speak asking him how many young Man U players he can get us on loan?

That board need to make a statement and make a marque signing, the like of;

Di Matteo
Poyet
Lambert

Yes, it will cost a lot of money, perhaps a big promotion bonus (£1m or a stake in the club?), but the rewards are worth it.

McCabe and the Prince have the money and should speculate, otherwise we will be stuck in this league for another few years with a second choice, third rate manager going know where, only to have to start all over again.

HH

Di Matteo
Poyet
Lambert

Yes, it will cost a lot of money, perhaps a big promotion bonus (£1m or a stake in the club?), but the rewards are worth it.

McCabe and the Prince have the money and should speculate, otherwise we will be stuck in this league for another few years with a second choice, third rate manager going know where, only to have to start all over again.

HH
Poyet was linked at first. Not quite sure what happened after that though.

Di Matteo
Poyet
Lambert

HH
you seriously want one of those three and you seriously think any of them would come to us ?

Or are we using Robinson as a stalking horse to get Adkins to sort out his pay-off with Reading?
Or is it all a smokescreen and McCabe is on the phone to Fergie Jnr as we speak asking him how many young Man U players he can get us on loan?

Fergie can Twiss off with that old trick!

I'm quite confident Robinson will be the next United boss :)

I really, really hope so. I'll add this: I would walk over Gary Neville, Roy Keane, di Matteo, Poyet and all the rest to get him. There ain't no-one who knows league one as immediately and instantly; He has plenty of character and a big personality so he won't be intimidated by the size of the club, or anything else for that matter. He uses the loan market to good effect; his team's are supremely well-organised and not short of flair and goal-power. He's certainly a more charismatic figure than either Parkinson or Adkins and just maybe we need someone of that ilk - a sort of Warnock but more pleasant and with proper football.

Gerrimsignedonblades!

I'd like Adkins but I think Robinson will get the job.

Either will be a fine choice.

UTMB!!

ron.jpg

IMAGINE

I really, really hope so. I'll add this: I would walk over Gary Neville, Roy Keane, di Matteo, Poyet and all the rest to get him. There ain't no-one who knows league one as immediately and instantly; He has plenty of character and a big personality so he won't be intimidated by the size of the club, or anything else for that matter. He uses the loan market to good effect; his team's are supremely well-organised and not short of flair and goal-power. He's certainly a more charismatic figure than either Parkinson or Adkins and just maybe we need someone of that ilk - a sort of Warnock but more pleasant and with proper football.

Gerrimsignedonblades!

You mean, a sort of Warnock, but less of a bell-end?

Twitters just gone on meltdown with mark cooper in talks apparently.

Swindon Town Boss Mark Cooper has been offered talks by Sheffield United over the possibility of taking over the reigns at Bramall Lane, FLIC SPORT understand.

United have been actively searching for a new manager since they gave Nigel Clough his marching orders last Monday, the former Burton Albion and Derby County Chief paying the price for his side bowing out of the play-offs.

The Blades were understood to have a three-man wish-list - comprising of Bradford City Boss Phil Parkinson, former Brentford manager Mark Warbuton and Nigel Adkins, who can count the likes of Reading and Southampton amongst his former clubs.

United were rebuffed in their approach to speak to Parkinson - who led the Bantams to the Capital One Cup Final in 2013 and to the Sixth Round of The FA Cup this term - earlier this week with the 47-old-year understood to be keen to remain at Valley Parade.

Sources close to FLIC SPORT have suggested that the Sheffield United hierarchy are long-term admirers of the job Cooper has carried out at The County Ground - his side's impressive play-off semi-final success over The Blades earning plenty of respect in the boardroom at Bramall Lane.

And, sources have told FLIC SPORT tonight that Cooper - who has won 49 of his 109 games in charge of Town - has been offered the chance to go and stake his claim for why he should be offered the chance to fill the Sheffield United hot-seat.

Back
Top Bottom