Where do we go?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we beat Barnsley, we're guaranteed to be a maximum of 6 points off fourth place. It could potentially be five, as MK play Swindon at the same time. I'm not quite giving up on 4th yet.

Also, looking at the league table, the Doncaster home game on Tuesday could be make-or-break for Donnie. If they fail to beat Bradford tonight, I think they'd realistically need a win against us to keep their play off hopes alive.

Even if we lose to Barnsley, we're not out of it at all - in fact we'll remain in 5th with a small cushion to 6th. Saying that, a point or three would be a big confidence booster going into the Donnie game.

Could it be that Clough has misjudged the type of player / team required to do well in this division and if so, should he be given the opportunity to show that he can learn from that and put it right next season?

For me the answer is no because it was clear before the JTW but we didn't sign many different types of player did we (O'Grady apart)?

He obviously has misjudged the type of player we need for this league despite having managed in it for the 2nd half of last season.
His summer recruitment was extremely poor and then he failed to address it in January, despite massive funds (for this division).
I hope all turns out well but whoever is in charge come summer then a big turnaround in playing staff is required.

Who ever takes over, and I believe it will be late at Autumn / early winter at the earliest, will have a hell of a mess to sort out, a squad that is not good enough and full of the wrong type of player all of them on the best contracts they are likely to get at this level so will be quite content to see out time on the bench or on loan.

Add to this compo for Nigel and all his back room staff, the budget blown on Brayford and the ex Derby Mafia, and probably our best player Murphy plying his trade with someone like Wolves in the Championship.

Nigel's two years in charge will probably have set us back so far it will cost us at least another five in the lower leagues.

I understand Nigel is on a three year contract along with the rest of his backroom staff, if so unless there is a catastrophic end to this season I can see him still being here next season.....

So shut up and eat your greens !!!!!

I understand Nigel is on a three year contract along with the rest of his backroom staff, if so unless there is a catastrophic end to this season I can see him still being here next season.....

So shut up and eat your greens !!!!!

I don't think they will sack him in the summer whatever happens either.... However if / when we are still stuck in mid table come October November, with 14k crowds and out of all three cups then they will finally have their hands forced to prevent complete melt down.

Not sure about the 14K, despite all the doom and gloom forecasts we still pulled in 58K + over three home games ...

Bloodied but unbowed.....UTB

Not sure about the 14K, despite all the doom and gloom forecasts we still pulled in 58K + over three home games ...

Bloodied but unbowed.....UTB

Agreed Sandy, we all do love a good moan and groan but at the end of the day I do think our fans in general will follow our team come rain or shine. I'd expect a slight dip but still average around 17k

There was a guy there last week 95 year old,....... magic..
No matter who's the manager or what division were in I'll be there.................UTB

Agreed Sandy, we all do love a good moan and groan but at the end of the day I do think our fans in general will follow our team come rain or shine. I'd expect a slight dip but still average around 17k

Unless we are in the top two or within a couple of points of it there is no way we will be averaging 17k next season. It won't be as low as 14k either but let's be realistic. 15 and a half to sixteen for most games next season, a bit less for the evening games which is where it was for most of last season before we all went ape and got conned into thinking this was the start of a new era this season.

Will you be going zablade ?

Homestly? After 28 years as a season ticket holder I really don't know if I am going to renew, it's the first time I have not renewed within the first week of the renewal offer being made, in fact since on line booking came up its the first time I haven't renewed on the first day available.

It's only the fact I quite like my own seat which if have had since the Kop was seated that makes me even consider renewing, if it was stand where you want I would already have decided it would be pick my matches next season.

I can see where the only reason to renew a season ticket would be to keep the seat you have had for ages, it certainly would not be for the entertainment value unless you live a real boring life.

Bergen Blade would give a good account of himself. But, bollocks I'd have a go!

And you can all start moaning now, cos I'm playing 4-5-1. In fact I'm employing the hated Weir formation and if you don't like it you can all start ringing P&G now.

No, my major concern is his ability to sign players who not only are no better than we currently have, but have an amazing ability to do so little during a game that you can't even say that they're not very good.

Yesterday, and not for the first time in recent weeks, Holt (ok he scored but did sod all else other than run around like a headless chicken), Coutes and S Davies fitted perfectly into this category. .

What do I know :rolleyes:. Just hope they prove me wrong for the rest of the season. My, I'm enjoying this.

Propped up by 13.5k season ticket sales. Think we'll get that next season?

Already bought mine and the Mrs as well, can't imagine spending Saturday afternoon (and Tuesday night) any other way pal.

I would expect Mal Brannigan to stay no matter what happens as he was recruited independently of NC & co and appears (from an external perspective) to be doing a decent job i.e. recruiting targets and running the club to budget.

I think it was fairly clear what NC was trying to do over summer - replace Doyle & Coady with Basham & Wallace (which all things being equal sounds fairly sensible), but as well as that failing, his real undoing was holding out too long for Brayford and O'Grady .

Now I don't want to nit pick, but these two things can't both be true can they?

Back
Top Bottom