When did we last not score a penalty during a season?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
I can't recall this happening before, I think its been mentioned it's the first time a promotion team hasn't scored a penalty? We missed a couple, maybe we should be practising them for next season!

Watching the Under 21 match today I noticed that the grass around the penalty spot at the Kop end was quite worn.
Who's been using it?

91-92 season,dont think we were awarded a penalty at all that season. So obviously we didnt score one.

Bassett made a comment about what would have to happen to one of our players in order for us to be awarded a penalty that season.

I remember a short bit of fiction in Flashing Blade that year in which Brian Deane got into the area but was set upon by a gang of defenders, who tied him to a chair, doused him with petrol and then lit a match. Deane was sent off for spitting at the match to extinguish it.

Could you imagine if a manager said summat like that today?
Too much media training in place.

I also liked his, " first half we done too much fanny-dangle" comment.

How can a single comment be both incomprehensible and totally clear ?

Too much media training in place.

I also liked his, " first half we done too much fanny-dangle" comment.

How can a single comment be both incomprehensible and totally clear ?
I like the quote about John Francis who wasn’t the best of finishers and who famously “couldn’t hit a cow’s arse with a banjo”

I am sure Sir Dave Bassett made a comment, it was like rorks drift out there.

Bleeding hell I went to that game, The Blades were terrible that day freezing as well.

Back
Top Bottom