What VAR does for SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony Currie

Reaction score
Commentators.

"Looks like a hand ball"
"oh no the ref blew for a foul, Reply: Where was the foul? Reply: I can't see a foul"
"Var now looking at offside"

VAR looked at three ways to disallow that goal. After all we can't have Sheffield United scoring.

I'm sure you'd have been cool with Albion scoring by someone clearly stood offside in front of our goalie?

The ref blew for a foul. The offside negated the need to look at the foul again.

The commentators don't know what the VAR is doing, or why they're doing it, because they know very little full stop.

Every goal is checked.

Educate yourself or continue to persecute yourself, your call.

Commentators.

"Looks like a hand ball"
"oh no the ref blew for a foul, Reply: Where was the foul? Reply: I can't see a foul"

VAR looked at three ways to disallow that goal. After all we can't have Sheffield United scoring.
Got their decision in the end.

VAR is immaterial. Our players are mostly miles off this level. We’re crap.
With 10 men against this Brighton side you give yourself no chance. You have to press them and not let them play. A half decent side will Create chances as they’re weak at the back (from the 3 games we’ve played them). Be patient

Don’t go down to 10 was the starting point.

Not sure Larucci and Osborne can work, not sure Osula can lead the line but we had no options.

Disallowed our goal joke. Came of Brighton defender official reason Brighton defender did it accidentally

I give up
Well it did kinda smash him in the face…
Can’t catch a break when you’re down at the bottom…red cards, own goals, fluke deflections, dodgy offsides….when yer down yer down.

Disallowed our goal joke. Came of Brighton defender official reason Brighton defender did it accidentally

I give up
You cannot be played onside by a deflection. That’s always been the case. It’s not new. If the defender had passed the ball towards the goal that would be a different matter. In this case Osborn was offside from the initial head down, and remained offside. The only matter to cloud the issue was whether Osborn hooked it in or did an onside Anel prod it home.

I don't understand why atwell spent so long looking at the screen, and then it came up they were checking for offside - which must have been obvious in the first place.
Once again fans in the stadium are left not having a clue whats going on.
The Var decisions were probably correct in the end - with the proviso that the sending off tackle was stupid but many times he would have got away with it.

Nothing in football is black and white and how ever much var is used that will never change

Osborn was offside from the initial header.

Then there guy effectively headed it on.

But he was offside before this action.

It’s his own daft fault.

He could have been Johnny on the spot. He didn’t need to remain offside when the ball came across.

You cannot be played onside by a deflection. That’s always been the case. It’s not new. If the defender had passed the ball towards the goal that would be a different matter. In this case Osborn was offside from the initial head down, and remained offside. The only matter to cloud the issue was whether Osborn hooked it in or did an onside Anel prod it home.
It wasn’t a deflection he headed the ball after it can off his own defenders shoulder

It wasn’t a deflection he headed the ball after it can off his own defenders shoulder
If you look at it again I would say it deflected back towards goal off the back of the defender‘s head. It wasn’t a deliberate action so Osborn is offside. Notwithstanding that element, Osborn was offside from the first head down so irrespective of whether the ball came back to him off a defender he was still offside. I’m not sure why VAR took so long to get to this conclusion. It would help if VAR explained via the stadium speakers what they are looking at so us mere mortals can try and get a handle on their thinking.

Commentators.

"Looks like a hand ball"

It’s true I said same at the time, they were looking for any reason to dent the goal, my first thought was hand ball

Commentators.

"Looks like a hand ball"

Remember how long our goals were looked at when we last played them in the cup. Never seen two legit goals scored like that and them be reviewed for so long.

Is Warnock sending officials complaint letters on our behalf or something? coz we have been getting shitty decisions in both divisions for some time now.

Did VAR do any checks on their goals? Not sure if was their 1st or 2nd but didn't look like a corner in the first place, the looked like they impeded Wes when the corner came in....
No Albion player was near for either the 1st or 2nd goal.

All goals are checked from the phase of play the goal came from. This means from the corner onwards, not the awarding of the corner itself.

Did VAR do any checks on their goals? Not sure if was their 1st or 2nd but didn't look like a corner in the first place, the looked like they impeded Wes when the corner came in....

First I think, there were some grumbles in the crowd but it was 100% a corner, clearly came off I think Robinson's foot. Guess it wasn't clear from some angles. The one thing I don't understand is why the ref had to look at the monitor for Osborn's disallowed goal, surely if it's an offside the assistant missed then VAR just say its offside? Although the ref clearly disallowed it for something else he thought he'd seen

This sort of thread sums up VAR and football fans though, when it goes against you it's corrupt, when it goes for you like last week nobody says a word

Don’t want to appear to be a victim. We got dicked and our team gave up. Deserved to lose no question. But how many times have you seen a referee go to the monitor and disagree with the VAR?

Don’t want to appear to be a victim. We got dicked and our team gave up. Deserved to lose no question. But how many times have you seen a referee go to the monitor and disagree with the VAR?

I don't get why any goal we score seems to get so much scrutiny.

I have watched a few matches this weekend yet non of the reviews after a goal took anything like as long as the ones for the goals we score.

If you look at it again I would say it deflected back towards goal off the back of the defender‘s head. It wasn’t a deliberate action so Osborn is offside. Notwithstanding that element, Osborn was offside from the first head down so irrespective of whether the ball came back to him off a defender he was still offside. I’m not sure why VAR took so long to get to this conclusion. It would help if VAR explained via the stadium speakers what they are looking at so us mere mortals can try and get a handle on their thinking.

The VAR decision was that Osborn wasn’t offside until Anel (apparently) touched the ball a millisecond before Osborn did. It isn’t clear whether he touched it or not but that was the reasoning from what I’ve heard. I’ve also been told to expect a different reason to come out if it gets questioned but given the result they aren’t expecting any major scrutiny.

Forgetting about the offside for a second....Where the fuck was the supposed foul that the ref blew for in the first place?

Exactly but no conspiracy apparently. 🤔

The VAR decision was that Osborn wasn’t offside until Anel (apparently) touched the ball a millisecond before Osborn did. It isn’t clear whether he touched it or not but that was the reasoning from what I’ve heard. I’ve also been told to expect a different reason to come out if it gets questioned but given the result they aren’t expecting any major scrutiny.
If that is the reason then it's absolute bollocks! I've just slowed it right down and you can't tell for definite if it is Anel or Osborn who touches it but you can see with the trajectory of the ball that it either way it was only one of them that touched it, so their reasoning is a load of shit.

I cant wait to go down and go back to watching football matches, without all this shit.

Said the same today. It isn’t about the ‘right’ decision being made. It’s about having to wait 5 minutes until you know what’s actually happening.

Without VAR we’d have to accept that refs will get it wrong sometimes, which won’t happen at the top level, unfortunately.

VAR was supposed to be this black or white system that would take the game forward. It's the biggest pile of shit ever to enter the game. How many years in is VAR? It seems to get worse every season.

I don't get why any goal we score seems to get so much scrutiny.

I have watched a few matches this weekend yet non of the reviews after a goal took anything like as long as the ones for the goals we score.
No one actually believes we can score a legit goal

Back
Top Bottom