What the stats say (vs Burnley)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
Best player for us today from a stats point of view was a toss up between Bogle and Mcatee

Stinker of the day has to go to Mcburnie who had;

Least touches: 35
Least accurate passes: 11
Missed biggest chance(s): -1.09 Goals vs xG
Failed majority of dribbles
Lost majority of ground duels
Lost majority of aerial duels

1713634778512.png

Best player for us today from a stats point of view was a toss up between Bogle and Mcatee

View attachment 182318
Do that for the last 4.75 years and tell me I’ve been wrong about this fraud all along ?

Here it is in a nutshell.

Sander, a player with undoubted footballing ability which was clearly evident today, and served the club well (perhaps not exceptionally but that is open to debate) was roundly booed by a significant majority of our “fans” present today.

I can fucking guarantee that aforementioned fraud will be greeted with hero status whenever / if ever he comes back to BDTBL with another club in the future.

Guarantee it.

Tells its own story !!!!!!!!!

UTB

Do that for the last 4.75 years and tell me I’ve been wrong about this fraud all along ?

Sander, a player with undoubted footballing ability which was clearly evident today, and served the club well (perhaps not exceptionally but that is open to debate) was roundly booed by a significant majority of our “fans” present today.

I can fucking guarantee that aforementioned fraud will be greeted with hero status whenever / if ever he comes back to BDTBL with another club in the future.

Guarantee it.

UTB
You're wrong 🤷

While ever we are stuck with the outdated mindset that less intelligent players who “put a shift in” and “get fucking in to em” we are fucked.

While I agree physicality and effort are a requirement their are different ways of what this means and you need to have some class with them… sander ram the show for them at times

Guarantee it.

UTB
There is no way on earth that a significant majority of fans booed Berge today. 10% absolute maximum.

There is no way on earth that a significant majority of fans booed Berge today. 10% absolute maximum.
So 2700 people or so by your own admission ?

Against the context of 20,000 + of home fans who are, in my opinion, as quiet as a mouse for most of the 90 minutes of the game ?

The boos were loud when his name was announced, and for the first few times he touched the ball.

Interestingly, the cocks stopped booing soon after this once it was grasped he was running the show !👀.

Can’t imagine why 😂.

UTB

Against the context of 20,000 + of home fans who are, in my opinion, as quiet as a mouse for most of the 90 minutes of the game ?

The boos were loud when his name was announced, and for the first few times he touched the ball.

Interestingly, the cocks stopped booing soon after this once it was grasped he was running the show !👀.

Can’t imagine why 😂.

UTB
It takes a few hundred to make a loud noise.

You said significant majority which was, quite simply, horseshit. 👍

Can’t imagine why 😂.

UTB
Quite a bizarre fascination that you have with the booing. It was hardly even an issue. The boos didn’t really last long as not that many people were bothering with it. So it just died out.

As for Berge, I wouldn’t say he ran the show. Their keeper had a bigger impact

It takes a few hundred to make a loud noise.

You said significant majority which was, quite simply, horseshit. 👍
And c2,700 to make an even louder one 😉.

Booing is akin to the actions of a petulant child not getting his / her own way. In children it is a formulating process. In grown adults it is borne of self serving importance that has little or no actual foundation.

There, I said it !!!

UTB

And c2,700 to make an even louder one 😉.

Booing is akin to the actions of a petulant child not getting his / her own way. In children it is a formulating process. In grown adults it is borne of self serving importance that has little or no actual foundation.

There, I said it !!!

UTB
I said less than 10 percent because I couldn’t be arsed to think any further, your point was such bullshit. It was a few hundred.

They have their reasons, which I don’t understand. But you’ve got your own issues fella.

I said less than 10 percent because I couldn’t be arsed the think any further, your point was such bullshit. It was a few hundred.

They have their reasons, which I don’t understand. But you’ve got your own issues fella.
If it was 10 that booed, out of 27,000, than it was 9 too many.

THATS MY POINT.

Watch the game back. Listen to the booes clearly directed at SB.

Embarrassing doesn’t cut it.

UTB

If it was 10 that booed, out of 27,000, than it was 9 too many.

THATS MY POINT.

Watch the game back. Listen to the booes clearly directed at SB.

Embarrassing doesn’t cut it.

UTB
I don’t need to watch it back, I was sat in the middle of the kop where the noise came from. I couldn’t single out a single person who booed him.

But we’re drifting here. The point I addressed was that “ a significant majority of our fans booed him”. Just accept that was pure hyperbole and move on.

Quite a bizarre fascination that you have with the booing. It was hardly even an issue. The boos didn’t really last long as not that many people were bothering with it. So it just died out.

As for Berge, I wouldn’t say he ran the show. Their keeper had a bigger impact
For me berge ran the show. Their keeper had a blinder no doubt but he’s not capable of controlling the game from his postition. Berge was quality and he was been booed but that’s football in it ? That’s what happens to ex players sometimes so what. The one fact I do know is we have just confessed 9 goals to Burnley arguably the 2nd worse side in prem. shows how far we are now behind. We are currently a bang average championship side bang average

I think the problem with berge is that we sold him to a direct relegation rival. If he had gone to a mid table Premier league side then I think it would have all been a lot more understood. Instead the move was to a side who (although beaten us twice this season) isn't a career step forward. That's not all on him but it just felt a bit disappointing.

Not that I booed yesterday but that's my feelings on it.

On the others idea of your comment, mcburnie wouldn't be getting a hero's welcome though.

For me berge ran the show. Their keeper had a blinder no doubt but he’s not capable of controlling the game from his postition. Berge was quality and he was been booed but that’s football in it ? That’s what happens to ex players sometimes so what. The one fact I do know is we have just confessed 9 goals to Burnley arguably the 2nd worse side in prem. shows how far we are now behind. We are currently a bang average championship side bang average
Berge totally ran the show, his ability to keep the ball is something we really miss. He very rarely gives the ball away. Souza on the other hand played about 4 passes all game one of whicb looked like he was putting the ball out for an injured player.

That said berge was allowed to play, nobody within 15 yards of him every time he got the ball so he could keep it ticking over, pick key passes and carry the ball past the likes of souza with ease.

Wilder must have told them to sit off berge so it's his fault and if he didn't why didn't he spot what was happening and stick a player on him .... bad management either way

Do stats on Berge and Souza 😂

Will quiet down half this message board.

I was really depressed about the game . We looked as mobile as training cones but just a shade slower. Mind you it's always risky playing without a goalkeeper

Guarantee it.

UTB
I liked Berge thought we were always a better team with him in it. That said and i wouldn't boo but if your going to leave us effing Burnley FFS make it a more attractive club ala Marseille. Effing Burnley still point at planes in the sky

View attachment 182318
Bogle isn't good enough going forward and is a liability in defence.

As to being joint best player in a side that lost 1-4 at home on Saturday to the 2nd worst team in the division.... 🤦‍♂️

Bogle isn't good enough going forward and is a liability in defence.

As to being joint best player in a side that lost 1-4 at home on Saturday to the 2nd worst team in the division.... 🤦‍♂️

Well yes, joint best in a side full of poor performers.

As I mentioned, this is just from a stats perspective which isn't the be all and end all.

Well yes, joint best in a side full of poor performers.

As I mentioned, this is just from a stats perspective which isn't the be all and end all.
Bogle was good and has been since Wilder has been in I’ve been impressed with him.

He’s playing against £20/£30m opposition wingers and full backs. There’s not many in the championship even close.

He will stand out again in the Championship.

assure you Sander was boo’d loudly on numerous occasions embarrassing to say the least

I know he was booed, I was there to hear it, it was the “significant majority” I’d taken exception to :)

Back
Top Bottom