What is DCL position?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think he did ok on his debut. As is expected he took the steady options quite a few times and he's not an out and out winger. He's got a great leap and heading technique seems good as well, so with JCR and Brayford on the right I think Adkins hoped that far post crosses to DCL could be a threat. He had one such chance and if that had gone in he may have played with a bit more confidence. People shouldn't expect him to play as an out and out winger though.

I think DCL has the potential of being the next Alan Roberts.
That'll do.
s-Jack-the-happy-kitty.jpg

Also to add to my original comment Fifa 16 has him as a Striker/ CAM, but must be happy to play where he can if he was put on the wing. Adkins has played other players out of position before, i.e. Reed on the wing, Baxter in defensive midfield and Flynn in the center.

seen lots of youtube videos of him at Staleybridge playing wide or up front, my understanding he was a 5' 8" midfielder who suddenly grew a few inches around 16 and converted into a more forward player.

I'm sure academy watches can confirm if that was the case

seen lots of youtube videos of him at Staleybridge playing wide or up front, my understanding he was a 5' 8" midfielder who suddenly grew a few inches around 16 and converted into a more forward player.

I'm sure academy watches can confirm if that was the case
Yes he had a growth spurt and is now 6ft 2 inch but has yet to grow fully into his bigger frame ,but when he does bulk up a bit we could have a real good centre forward on our hands,just needs a bit of time to come through.

my understanding he was a 5' 8" midfielder who suddenly grew a few inches around 16 and converted into a more forward player.

Bloody 'ell! grew 16 inches!!! That makes him 7 bloomin' bleedin' foot tall! :eek:

I'm saying the majority of the side weren't showing as much effort as they could have done. Collins, Edgar, McEveley were some of the main culprits earlier in the season. You're arguing a daft point and you're using silly pedantry to persist with it.

I don't think it's effort or passion Collins and McEveley lack Barney ;)

Was going to swerve this thread as I haven't seen enough of DCL to form any sort of valuable opinion. Boy, I'm glad I didn't.

We've had "boo boys", "so called supporters" and now "tippy tappy nazis" all on the one thread. Quality fan bashing on a completely unrelated thread.

All part of the kaleidoscope old boy.

We've had "boo boys", "so called supporters" and now "tippy tappy nazis" all on the one thread. Quality fan bashing on a completely unrelated thread.

cant really have a thread without them , in the same way there clappers and armchair and drunken beach fans , wouldnt you say

All part of the kaleidoscope old boy.

Indeed. Just seems a shame when a perfectly good thread "How shit must you be . . .", set up precisely for the purpose is sat there on the same page yet we (or that should be some) can hijack a decent (potentially) discussion about a young player and use it for their "but everyone doesn't support them just like me, yah boo sucks" agenda.

Indeed. Just seems a shame when a perfectly good thread "How shit must you be . . .", set up precisely for the purpose is sat there on the same page yet we (or that should be some) can hijack a decent (potentially) discussion about a young player and use it for their "but everyone doesn't support them just like me, yah boo sucks" agenda.

Apologies, no hijacking intended.

Nay, you came in far too late. Thread was on it's way to Cuba after about three posts . . . .
It's nearly every thread. Can't seem to find one that hasn't degenerated into a petty point scoring squabble between people who are old enough to know better.

Can't seem to find one that hasn't degenerated into a petty point scoring squabble between people who are old enough to know better.

You missed out the first person at the start of the sentence, used a clumsy double negative and no punctuation save for the full stop.

How many points do I get for that?

ISC

You missed out the first person at the start of the sentence, used a clumsy double negative and no punctuation save for the full stop.

How many points do I get for that?

ISC
None. No further punctuation was required.

None. No further punctuation was required.
Edit; and another thing, I missed out 'I' from the start of the sentence because I'm fucking northern and that's what we do.
(First draft of Wuthering Heights featured no first person use of 'I' or the word 'the' and all the Brontes were constantly reminded that one shouldn't use the term 'I aren't').

(First draft of Wuthering Heights featured no first person use of 'I' or the word 'the' and all the Brontes were constantly reminded that one shouldn't use the term 'I aren't').

We are all Victorian authors now? What did Charlotte Bronte ever do for the Blades? I bet that blood Emily was a pig, too.....

Edit; and another thing,

Warning....incoming!

I missed out 'I' from the start of the sentence because I'm fucking northern and that's what we do.

'I' or 'we'? Do you have a split personality issue here?

I demand my squabbling points!

ISC

We are all Victorian authors now? What did Charlotte Bronte ever do for the Blades? I bet that blood Emily was a pig, too.....

Warning....incoming!

'I' or 'we'? Do you have a split personality issue here?

I demand my squabbling points!

ISC
No, you're getting nothing. There's nothing wrong with saying 'because I'm a Blade and that's what we do'. I'm attributing my poor English to the fact that I'm part of a collective that takes creative liberties with the English language.

I don't think any of the Brontes were pigs as they were a respectable family who bathed regularly and made a contribution to society.

I'm attributing my poor English to the fact that I'm part of a collective that takes creative liberties with the English language.

Part of a 'collective'? Not exactly the Bloomsbury Set is it?

I don't think any of the Brontes were pigs

You can never be too sure. They could well be DirtyLeeds scum living up there. I think the best course of action is to assume 'Pig/DirtyLeeds' until proven otherwise.

I bet that Samuel bloody Pepys was a CheatinAmmer too.....

...and don't get me started on Chaucer

ISC (just beginning to lose it)

Part of a 'collective'? Not exactly the Bloomsbury Set is it?

You can never be too sure. They could well be DirtyLeeds scum living up there. I think the best course of action is to assume 'Pig/DirtyLeeds' until proven otherwise.

I bet that Samuel bloody Pepys was a CheatinAmmer too.....

...and don't get me started on Chaucer

ISC (just beginning to lose it)
Pepys was definitely a pig. He couldn't even pronounce his own name properly. Probably on smack and originally from Manchester.

Ask any student or professor of early English literature and they'll all say exactly the same; Chaucer was a cunt.
That's why the roughest school in Sheffield was named after him (cue posts from ex-Waltheof etc pupils saying 'no it weren't').

Back
Top Bottom