What does the club need to do to win your enthusiasm back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

For me the 5-5 draw gave me a lot to be positive about.
Done getting a full preseason with us, the emergence of che, Basham starting the season in centre midfield excites me too but I think it's safe to say that the majority of blades are disappointed with how our season ended.
Do you guys switch off now for the summer, or do you sit trawling our forms waiting for the spark to get the positivity going for next season? Whether it be a big signing, the fixtures, a new manager or even just the new kit, what are you waiting for before you can fully buy into our new slogan "the season starts now"?
Is anyone losing hope as the years tick by that we are slowly becoming a league one club? Or are you one of those fans who regardless of who we sign or sell thinks "this is our year"?

The enthusiasm never really goes , but its the frustration thats the issue , especially last season . We know the cause of not achieving promotion , and its up to the Club and Clough , to eradicate the problem.

The first couple of signings will be significant , in showing our intent , and that we are making a massive effort , to overcome our blatant short comings of last season.

At least we ( and hopefully Clough ) , know our problems , which can be easily overcome with the right signings . We have also got to remember its a squad game , so its got to be no more, much of a muchness , but quality signings , which will scare the shit out of the opposition , and also us fans , in thinking Clough has had a football attacking bypass.

The finances have got to be available again , and if they are ,we have got to thank the board , and all supporters , who have put coffers in the bank , by purchasing new season tickets.

Again the board and us fans have put tremendous trust in Clough , to get things right . Now thats enthusiasm and another word - Loyalty.

As Always UTB.

With the passing of Woody I want every single member of staff (players and management) at BDTBL to know what that team of the early '70's was all about. No matter who we were playing CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, we played without fear and the Lane was a fortress. Surely we can produce 11 individuals to replicate this against the likes of Fleetwood et al.

To sum up I want all Blades fans to look forward to matches next season with the same enthusiasm as we did all those years ago.

If those players want to show us supporters any respect then let them understand what Woody meant to us and do something about it. That would be a perfect tribute to the great man.

With the passing of Woody I want every single member of staff (players and management) at BDTBL to know what that team of the early '70's was all about. No matter who we were playing CHelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, we played without fear and the Lane was a fortress. Surely we can produce 11 individuals to replicate this against the likes of Fleetwood et al.

To sum up I want all Blades fans to look forward to matches next season with the same enthusiasm as we did all those years ago.

If those players want to show us supporters any respect then let them understand what Woody meant to us and do something about it. That would be a perfect tribute to the great man.

Understand the memories , nostalgia, and the thought of the passing of a great servant and player to the club.

Apologies for sounding hard , but different time , different era , different circumstances and different set of supporters . Players don't think like us supporters . We are here forever , players come and go.

We don't make enough about tradition , as much as we should at the lane , relating to players ethos , responsibility etc , like your Liverpool , Man Utd etc . It may be down to the fact we have never won nothing in recent years , and 98% of the players just see it as a job , whatever the colour of the shirt.

UTB

Done getting a full preseason with us, the emergence of che, Basham starting the season in centre midfield excites me too but I think it's safe to say that the majority of blades are disappointed with how our season ended.
Do you guys switch off now for the summer, or do you sit trawling our forms waiting for the spark to get the positivity going for next season? Whether it be a big signing, the fixtures, a new manager or even just the new kit, what are you waiting for before you can fully buy into our new slogan "the season starts now"?
Is anyone losing hope as the years tick by that we are slowly becoming a league one club? Or are you one of those fans who regardless of who we sign or sell thinks "this is our year"?
Argh you joking a 5-5 draw gave you a lot of positives, are you that Wednesday troller?

Yet we let in 5 ,
I didn't say I was chuffed to bits with how it ended, I didn't say there wasn't negatives, but if scoring 5 away from home isn't a good sign for a supposedly negative team then I don't know what is.

I didn't say I was chuffed to bits with how it ended, I didn't say there wasn't negatives, but if scoring 5 away from home isn't a good sign for a supposedly negative team then I don't know what is.

Its what you call turning a negative into a positive . Clough sorting out them 2no CB we need , now that will be a positive , and help to quell the unrest of the natives . Just then , we have to perform as a team , that mean business and promotion.

A lot rests on the shoulders of Clough , next season , from the board and fans. It will either make him or break him , along with us , at the same time.

Got to wish the bloke all the luck and best next season . If he plays it right , he wont need the luck bit.

UTB

What likelihood is there of getting anyone with known , proven quality? Not one of his signings does not have the tag of Clough camp follower, unknown Scot, ex Derby, ageing journeyman, non league teen, puny with a build and physique of ailing fifteen year old, or Higdon.

If the team wins its first few games next season you'll all be enthusiastic. The rest is all secondary.
True JD my concern is we can't afford another false start and/or finish, just not confident in him with only 4 wins out of the last 17 when we were supposed to be going for it, not good enough, showed us zero ambition. I would have been happier going for it and failing instead of the tactics (I use the term liberally) we were subject to this season and still failing

My enthusiasm come from just hearing the name "the blades" win loose or draw I will support the team, no matter who is in charge.

Yeah but would we have scored 5 away if we didn't let in 5

My enthusiasm come from just hearing the name "the blades" win loose or draw I will support the team, no matter who is in charge.

No matter who is in charge , we do not want to suffer from false dreams anymore . It also doesn't help when the person who you thought they were , turns out not the person . Byron .

Clough needs to help us all , in our enthusiasm , sanity , hope and dreams . LB of E.

UTB

Yeah but would we have scored 5 away if we didn't let in 5
Almost definately not Ashton but the fact of the matter is we did and it's that what he's getting at, it shows that we can do it if needed, we need to go for it more often with more solid defenders and the outcome could be a whole lot better next season. The big question is will Cloughy have a different mindset?

No matter who is in charge , we do not want to suffer from false dreams anymore . It also doesn't help when the person who you thought they were , turns out not the person . Byron .

Clough needs to help us all , in our enthusiasm , sanity , hope and dreams . LB of E.

UTB
But they will still be the blades. I know we need a top man at the helm let's hope he finally proves it, we dream, we expect, we want.

Surprisingly, after all these years, my enthusiasm remains undimmed. There are, however, large chunks of my time and money Spent on Blade watching that I would like to get back and do something more productive with. Don't worry I will be back for moe of the same next year.

The Keeganesque performance away at Swindon at least demonstrated that when they go for it, there are goals in the team. If Brayford were playing it could have been a different story. With any luck, he will be back in late Oct, and if we hang on to Murphy, keep Done fit and sign three or four more decent players I'll be very optimistic

Almost definately not Ashton but the fact of the matter is we did and it's that what he's getting at, it shows that we can do it if needed, we need to go for it more often with more solid defenders and the outcome could be a whole lot better next season. The big question is will Cloughy have a different mindset?
You know what it also shows the player and clough only start scoring when we are losing. Now that's positive ;)

The club doesn't need to do anything to recover my enthusiasm. All that needs to happen is the next two and a half months pass in a flash and regardless of who we've signed or sold, my enthusiasm will have returned on the opening day of the season.

Whether it lasts beyond the first 45 minutes is another matter though.

We finished on a bit of a high last season, or at least with a bit of momentum but signing wise and friendly wise nothing in the summer particularly got me excited for this season. In fact, Adidas was our best preseason signing.

Stop worrying about what other teams are going to do and let them worry about what we're going to do ....... and have the squad and the tactics to bloody do it !!
UTB & FTP

Back
Top Bottom