Went t' pub...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DP8789

Reaction score
I had a conversation with someone who used to be a director at the lane last night and he still keeps himself in the know with whats going on at the lane.

he had a few interesting things to say.

* Beattie signing next wednesday/thursday on pay as you play - 2k if not playing upto 8/10k if he plays with other add ons (goals, wins, promotion)

* Ipswich are still sniffing around ched and he expects him and 2 other 1st teamers to leave in january

* Says wilson will have about 20k a week to offer in wages for new signings and will have money for players in january - he says 2 players (one a gk) already lined up and pretty much done deals.

* Reckons wilson was apointed based on favouritism (mccabe has a villa next to him) - di matteo wanted too much money.

* We could have had gus poyet when blackie was sacked.

* He also said its common knowledge mandaric is looking to get rid of wednesday quick as he wants to get out of the country and madine is drinking again and wednesday are worrried about this (how he knows about that is beyond me and i kinda thought that might be bullshit)

interesting bloke though, blamed the majority of our downfall on shocking appointments over the last 4 yrs in all areas of the club - not just micky adams, gary speed etc.

Interesting stuff, Deal for beattie sounds reasonable, with a bit of luck we can get 500k+ for ched.

Interesting stuff, Deal for beattie sounds reasonable, with a bit of luck we can get 500k+ for ched.

Realistically, if Beattie gets fit and does ok, we are surely looking at a 12k per week deal. It will be worth it if it's what pushes us on to promotion. If we don't get up it'll be a terrible waste of money and detrimental for us in the long term.

I had a conversation with someone who used to be a director at the lane last night and he still keeps himself in the know with whats going on at the lane.

* Beattie signing next wednesday/thursday on pay as you play - 2k if not playing upto 8/10k if he plays with other add ons (goals, wins, promotion)

* Ipswich are still sniffing around ched and he expects him and 2 other 1st teamers to leave in january

* Says wilson will have about 20k a week to offer in wages for new signings and will have money for players in january - he says 2 players (one a gk) already lined up and pretty much done deals.

* Reckons wilson was apointed based on favouritism (mccabe has a villa next to him) - di matteo wanted too much money.

* He also said its common knowledge mandaric is looking to get rid of wednesday quick as he wants to get out of the country and madine is drinking again and wednesday are worrried about this (how he knows about that is beyond me and i kinda thought that might be bullshit)

interesting bloke though, blamed the majority of our downfall on shocking appointments over the last 4 yrs in all areas of the club - not just micky adams, gary speed etc.
did he tell you where the freehold is ,seriously though did he mention the names of the other 2 players ? my guess would be quinn and mongy

How much truth there is in all that, time will tell - but it's quality gossip!

Madine was subbed at half time yesterday so that rumour could be true.

How much truth there is in all that, time will tell - but it's quality gossip!

Madine was subbed at half time yesterday so that rumour could be true.

If Madine can score so many goals when on the pop then maybe we need to alter Ched's dietary regime...

Just for the record...

Madine 11 in 19 (+ 0 subs)

Ched 7 in 8 (+6 sub)

If Madine can score so many goals when on the pop then maybe we need to alter Ched's dietary regime...

Playing Ched helps. In relation to the games he has played he has a pretty good record this season and I am sure comparable with Madine if you divide minutes played with goals scored.

Killjoy here. If those numbers are correct, then it's more financial mismanagement for me. We should not be looking at paying out those types of figures on players. I'm tainted because I can't see Beattie being the type of player we need, but after revealing that we've just flushed another £750,000 down the toilet on yet another disaster, surely we need to be screwing much better VFM out of the things we do.

If hes worth that type of money, why is he looking at playing in the third division?

UTB

Madines not scored in any of wednesdays last 6 games, must be pissed
Mandaric do a runner , whatever for , Im sure theres an innocent reason he paid Harry 250 K through a Monaco bank

Not wanting to piddle on your chips or anything but when Mr McCabe mentioned RDM's name on the radio technically he was still employed by us. so you would've pay us compensation to talk to him (rumoured to be £2,000,000 per year rolling) it unlikely they even spoke about wages

Not much to do with this thread but I heard today that Williamson is also our highest earner.

Killjoy here. If those numbers are correct, then it's more financial mismanagement for me.

UTB

There is another way to look at this Alco. Beattie is a 'bums on seats player' who IF he's fit, and IF he's scoring will certainly be the sort of player to put some numbers on the home gates. If he's up for £7k a week, thats roughly 320 extra bums required to pay his wages. Achievable? Certainly.

Personally, I would have called 'no' on the whole deal, but it isn't necessarily gross financial mismanagement to have him here. It is just a bit of a gamble on fitness and form.

As for why he's prepared to play in the 3rd division? Simple. He can't a game in a higher one...

McWobbleGob better start doing sumat fast.....BT smacks of desperation to me.

Ched wont be going anywhere unless his trial is bought forward and completed before the end of Jan. No club in their right mind is going to spunk, (ahem) up to £1m on a player who could be going down, (again, ahem) a couple of months after signing.

There is another way to look at this Alco. Beattie is a 'bums on seats player' who IF he's fit, and IF he's scoring will certainly be the sort of player to put some numbers on the home gates. If he's up for £7k a week, thats roughly 320 extra bums required to pay his wages. Achievable? Certainly.

Personally, I would have called 'no' on the whole deal, but it isn't necessarily gross financial mismanagement to have him here. It is just a bit of a gamble on fitness and form.

As for why he's prepared to play in the 3rd division? Simple. He can't a game in a higher one...

"As for why he's prepared to play in the 3rd division? Simple. He can't a game in a higher one..." agreed so he's a third division player, but third division payers dont command £7,000+++ per week.

I do think he'll put a few bums on seats for a short while. Then it will come down to him being the player we need. I can't see it, but I'll be delighted to be wrong.

UTB

In the thread 'DO YOU WANT HIM TO SIGN' currently 89% say YES that seems a mighty big vote of confidence

Beattie is not only a proven goalscorer for the Blades he is a talisman, a leader and someone that the players will look up to!

He will add at least 1000 to the gates as someone else said we only need 320 extra paying customers to pay his wages

Prove his fitness sign him up and make him captain - we all say we want a leader who better?

If his weekly wage becomes 12k and he starts playing in December we need an extra 1692 fans on the Kop every game (13 to go) to pay his wages. That's an increase of 10% from yesterday's game.

As I said above this will probably be worth it if Beattie's signing is what it will take to get us promoted. But it's an expensive gamble, similar to what we've seen the last few years.

neil "tug boat" shipperly was a fat, slow as hell, has been but scored quite a few goals in important matches or at important times.
If beattie can do similar even just coming on for last 20-30 mins of games and gain us an extra 10 points, plus 1,000 (id expect that easily tbh) surely well worth a gamble, id be willing to risk it just on the strength of his last minute freekick vs wendy.
as stated earlier, bums on seats plus shirt sales would cover his wages for remainder of the season surely?
lastly, beattie when he was here last did become a talisman and would be worth a punt just on strength of giving confidence on the terreces a boost.

MunXy

james beattie makes me want to be a better man

that is all

Ched wont be going anywhere unless his trial is bought forward and completed before the end of Jan. No club in their right mind is going to spunk, (ahem) up to £1m on a player who could be going down, (again, ahem) a couple of months after signing.

Quite right. I can assure you the trial will not be brought forward.

neil "tug boat" shipperly was a fat, slow as hell, has been but scored quite a few goals in important matches or at important times.
If beattie can do similar even just coming on for last 20-30 mins of games and gain us an extra 10 points, plus 1,000 (id expect that easily tbh) surely well worth a gamble, id be willing to risk it just on the strength of his last minute freekick vs wendy.
as stated earlier, bums on seats plus shirt sales would cover his wages for remainder of the season surely?
lastly, beattie when he was here last did become a talisman and would be worth a punt just on strength of giving confidence on the terreces a boost.

MunXy

Thats the key someone who can score at important times the point at which a match can swing one way or another.

If his weekly wage becomes 12k and he starts playing in December we need an extra 1692 fans on the Kop every game (13 to go) to pay his wages. That's an increase of 10% from yesterday's game.

As I said above this will probably be worth it if Beattie's signing is what it will take to get us promoted. But it's an expensive gamble, similar to what we've seen the last few years.

It says up to 8-10k with add on's. So I don't think he'd reach 12k.

You don't think he'll score goals and get us promoted then? ;)

I think he'll score, not sure about promotion ;)

Again according to the post 8-10k with add-ons so I think that'll include goals in that sum, but as of promotion thats a bonus at the end of the season, which means it should be a very sustanable wage.

>he had a few interesting things to say.
i've heard very similar from a person itk.. (especially the bit about Wilson and Poyet).. he also told me that it had been arranged for kevin phillips to join us toward the end of last season but McCabe vetoed it :/

>he had a few interesting things to say.
i've heard very similar from a person itk.. (especially the bit about Wilson and Poyet).. he also told me that it had been arranged for kevin phillips to join us toward the end of last season but McCabe vetoed it :/

Interesting, I heard it was MA who vetoed it in favour of Bent.

Back
Top Bottom