Weaker?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This time last year we were weaker than we were the previous season when we had been almost totally reliant on Gibbs-White.

We were pretty dreadful in the first game of the season. But then Ndiaye quickly showed that, given the responsibility, he was an even better player than Gibbs-White. Our 2 Man City loans started very slowly then gradually became influential.

The season is a long one. Admittedly I don't expect us to stay up, but it's way too early to say we're going to be weaker; too many variables.

We won’t be able to afford the fee or wages for him.
If that is the case what is the point then? absolute sh*t show it is like having McCabe back again.

I find it baffling how a club like ours continually drifts from one pauper to another with the potential we have for growth.

Last season was the Championship where prospects can thrive and Illy was more than a prospect. This is the Prem where prospects won't get time. You need big players. At the moment are we really looking at starting a midfield with Norwood and Fleck?
At this moment it looks like it, someone extended their contract.

If that is the case what is the point then? absolute sh*t show it is like having McCabe back again.

I find it baffling how a club like ours continually drifts from one pauper to another with the potential we have for growth.

At a rough guess, I'd suggest McCabe lost something like £50m for the privilege of owning United.

The Prince is probably in for a similar amount, (but may actually show a profit on his time here if he can sell while we are in the PL).

Why do you find it 'baffling' that there is not a long queue of people wanting to spunk multi millions on an unfashionable Northern club?

At a rough guess, I'd suggest McCabe lost something like £50m for the privilege of owning United.

The Prince is probably in for a similar amount, (but may actually show a profit on his time here if he can sell while we are in the PL).

Why do you find it 'baffling' that there is not a long queue of people wanting to spunk multi millions on an unfashionable Northern club?
Define "fashionable" Northern club,please.

Berge, Doyle, McAtee, Ndiaye, McBurnie

Or, Likely vs Palace

Norwood, Osborn, Slimane, Traore, Osula

Definitely weaker if the reports on Ndiaye are true. Especially since Hecky said the new lads need a lot of work.

We are in danger of putting out the worst side the pl has ever seen against palace

Osborn in midfield
Osula and marsh in attack.

We don’t get promoted with the squad as it stands

We may as well cash in on berge too whilst we are at it. Why lose him for free when we’re in the championship next year?

We are in danger of putting out the worst side the pl has ever seen against palace

Osborn in midfield

We may as well can in on berge too whilst we are at it. Why lose him for free when we’re in the championship next year?
Agreed.

We don’t not only not get promoted, we’d be closer to the bottom than the top.

We’ve got a weaker side than we did in 20/21
Have to agree we are. However in someways NDiaye going could be a blessing in disguise in the future IF we reinvest the money players like Archer/ Doyle with long term contracts.

We clearly haven’t got the money for this without selling him & our signings have so far been uninspiring. I actually don’t think we would stay up with or without NDiaye so maybe getting some money in now is sensible rather than lose him on a free.

Long & tough season ahead. He was the one player that could get you a goal out of nowhere & turn defence into attack. Big loss, can’t imagine Hecky is impressed

Investors aren't stupid. If we were an attractive proposition with potential for growth they would have bought us by now.

Amongst other things they will have noticed that:
  • BL ground capacity v average attendances i.e we rarely sell out
  • Season ticket prices i.e one of cheapest in country and don't have 10000 fans on a waiting list
  • Match day prices i.e we complain about them being too expensive
  • Replica kit sales i.e they're rubbish, we'd rather buy shit off dhgate
  • recent FA cup semi-final; couldn't sell our ticket allocation
Unfortunately SUFC are a poor, working class club in the middle of a cost of living crisis that has to share it's fan catchment area with another similar sized club.

I remember when Ken Bates took over at Weeds and put their ST prices up 50% to much outcry from the fans. He told them that he alone couldn't shoulder the cost of getting the club back to where they wanted and he basically told them to either put their money where their mouth was or go and watch someone else.

I fear that our fans will have to eventually bite the same bullet. If we want a sugar daddy then we'll have to be wall flowers till we catch someones eye, but if we want an owner that means business then we'll have to show that we too mean business.

Investors aren't stupid. If we were an attractive proposition with potential for growth they would have bought us by now.

Amongst other things they will have noticed that:
  • BL ground capacity v average attendances i.e we rarely sell out
  • Season ticket prices i.e one of cheapest in country and don't have 10000 fans on a waiting list
  • Match day prices i.e we complain about them being too expensive
  • Replica kit sales i.e they're rubbish, we'd rather buy shit off dhgate
  • recent FA cup semi-final; couldn't sell our ticket allocation
Unfortunately SUFC are a poor, working class club in the middle of a cost of living crisis that has to share it's fan catchment area with another similar sized club.

I remember when Ken Bates took over at Weeds and put their ST prices up 50% to much outcry from the fans. He told them that he alone couldn't shoulder the cost of getting the club back to where they wanted and he basically told them to either put their money where their mouth was or go and watch someone else.

I fear that our fans will have to eventually bite the same bullet. If we want a sugar daddy then we'll have to be wall flowers till we catch someones eye, but if we want an owner that means business then we'll have to show that we too mean business.
Most obvious pig trolling ive ever seen

Watched your highlights yesterday youve got much worse problems than us

Most obvious pig trolling ive ever seen

Watched your highlights yesterday youve got much worse problems than us
What, and I've been lurking on here since 2016 to finally pounce (sorry, swoop) and make my point??

Looks like we’ll be starting the two young lads upfront against Palace if we don’t sell them for buttons first because they’re out of contract next summer as well.

We are a far weaker side now completely devoid of flair and I hope the youngster get the backing of the fans on the pitch even if they struggle as they’ll be doing a thankless job in a tough situation and they’ll need all the support they can get.

I’d be starting Brooks and Osula upfront against Palace if I was Hecky just to show up the board. We’re going down anyway, you may as well make a point with it.

I’d be starting Brooks and Osula upfront against Palace if I was Hecky just to show up the board. We’re going down anyway, you may as well make a point with it.

If Hecky really wanted to make a point. He should start me and thee upfront. 😄

Osborn in midfield

We may as well cash in on berge too whilst we are at it. Why lose him for free when we’re in the championship next year?
Might aswel sell anyone of any value and save it for when we have no squad season after next.

With Ndiaye going so cheap, it's hard to see any way we can be stronger than the team that came up.

I don't think we'll be as bad as Derby and hopefully we don't go on a run as bad as our relegation season again, but we look certs for the drop and I'd be surprised if we make 30 points. I don't think we'll score 30 goals without Ndiaye.

Presumably we're still touting Berge about for a sale too.

Illy got us up last season.Without him, we’ll go down.Simple as!
The Prince of course knows that, but he doesn’t give a fuck.
He’ll be counting his money, when he eventually sells.
Bet he holds out for more than 13 mill though, when he sells the club for his own profit.

If he's going to go that far he might as well start Brooks, Marsh, Neal, Freckleton, Buyabu and Sachdev too.

Back
Top Bottom