We need to freshen it up for Millwall

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
There were a lot of tired legs out there tonight and an early away game on Saturday doesn't give us a lot of time to recover. I'd make a few changes to try and freshen it up. A few of our players need resting.

I'd go with:

----------------------------------------------Foderingham
------------------------Osborn------Bash------Egan-------Clark-------Lowe
-------------------------------Berge-------------Norwood----------Fleck
------------------------------------- Jebbison------------Ndiaye

I'd love to be able to rest Ndiaye. He really seemed to flourish when rested previously, but McAtee needs a rest and I don't really want McBurnie and Jebbo upfront. McBurnie played a full game so I'd be surprised if he will start on Saturday lunchtime.

I think Bogle needs a rest. He also looked like he might have picked up a knock. I wish Baldock was fit as I'd rather not have Osborn on the right. Anel too looks shattered all the time. Bash in and Clark on the other side. Fleck would be a bit of a risk but we're struggling for options.

Personally would prefer us to play Ndiaye as a No 9 like the run in last season. Get Berge/McAtee in the MGW role and get a midfielder with legs who can actually tackle (Osborn/Coulibilly) alongside Norwood...

Sorry mate, but Basham is finished at this level and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting xi...

-- Foderingham --
Bogle -- Anel -- Egan -- Robinson -- Lowe
-- Berge** -- Norwood --
-- Ndiaye --
-- McBurnie -- Jebbison --

This will never happen. Hecky will either start the same eleven or start Osborn for McAtee.

(** Doyle if fit)

Last edited:
There were a lot of tired legs out there tonight and an early away game on Saturday doesn't give us a lot of time to recover. I'd make a few changes to try and freshen it up. A few of our players need resting.

I'd go with:

I'd love to be able to rest Ndiaye. He really seemed to flourish when rested previously, but McAtee needs a rest and I don't really want McBurnie and Jebbo upfront. McBurnie played a full game so I'd be surprised if he will start on Saturday lunchtime.

I think Bogle needs a rest. He also looked like he might have picked up a knock. I wish Baldock was fit as I'd rather not have Osborn on the right. Anel too looks shattered all the time. Bash in and Clark on the other side. Fleck would be a bit of a risk but we're struggling for options.
Osborne, oh ok then Hecky ….

Couldn't care less who plays as long as they play for 90 minutes and despite the manager come away with at least a point. 3 would be ecstatic. A defeat would signal the usual Blades fall off a cliff.

I'd go with:

If... big if, we're going to play Ndiaye then he HAS to be in the midfield for me.

We also need to go back to playing 2 real strikers up front... not 1 striker + Ndiaye

1676511442633.png

The blue is 80% of our play resulting in a few crosses to players who are hardly in the middle cause they are in the build up
The red is where for the first 10 minutes we had Boro on the back foot.
Midfield is the problem. Berge might like posting pics of himself with Haaland he ought to try putting a feckin shift in not just the occasional glimps of what he could be and then poking a toe and calling it a tackle

Although our wingbacks and CB’s are good at it we need a midfield feeding the forwards not just 50-60% of our defence caught upfield doing fancy overlaps

6AF9FB6B-4610-4020-92C5-46F243FF5C35.jpeg

Norwood and Berge on their own in midfield???? Did you not see what happened tonight?
Exactly this, we've got to freshen things up but our bench looks wafer thin an lacking any real quality there isn't really 1 game changer on there. Is it time we got to see what Coulibally can do? He can't be anymore than fleck or Osborne surely to god!

Norwood and Berge on their own in midfield???? Did you not see what happened tonight?
The only times I've seen Berge play well , he is in an attacking role, usually coming down the right side. Need to get someone at the side of Norwood to do the dirty work. I'd give Coulibaly a run in the absence of Doyle.

The only times I've seen Berge play well , he is in an attacking role, usually coming down the right side. Need to get someone at the side of Norwood to do the dirty work. I'd give Coulibaly a run in the absence of Doyle.

That's why I think Osborn could be a key man these last 15 games. Hes the only midfielder we have who can do that. Coulibally (from the very little we've seen) isn't that type of player.

Maybe coulibally at RCM and Osborn at LCM might give us more discipline and more bite, but I don't see Hecky doing that.

Like Wilder before him, Berge at RCM seems to the be inked onto the team sheet, despite all the evidence before our eyes.

Think we need to be more open with replacing Sander with Coulibaly.

We don't have to overplay Sander for 90+ minutes each time just in case he might do something. If it isn't happening for him then with 5 subs give Coulibaly a run out. Mentioned it elsewhere but it's odd to go down by 2 goals at home and to have only used two subs.

Last edited:
Not too long till Sat lunchtime kick off.

I wouldn't be surprised for a bit of rotation.

Something I do feel we are missing is a fit RND and Baldock. Last night Baldock would have had his fiery pants on, although a bit hot headed he can help give us a kick up the backside too. RND season is a sad one given how in form he was before the injury. Forget how well he was playing back then.
19th of Oct RND went off injured, surely can't be too far off now.

People assume Coulibaly is good enough and I'm far from convinced. He's looked tidy and workmanlike in his brief appearances but he also looks slow to make decisions on and off the ball. I'm far from convinced he'd be up to the speed of this league. We saw how far off McAtee was when he first arrived.

Not too long till Sat lunchtime kick off.

I wouldn't be surprised for a bit of rotation.

Something I do feel we are missing is a fit RND and Baldock. Last night Baldock would have had his fiery pants on, although a bit hot headed he can help give us a kick up the backside too. RND season is a sad one given how in form he was before the injury. Forget how well he was playing back then.
19th of Oct RND went off injured, surely can't be too far off now.
I would have started RND and Baldock if they'd have been fit last night. Bogle and Lowe are both better attacking than they are defending and we needed the latter. I would have actually had RND in as LCB and maybe even Stevens at LWB. I really don't trust Lowe defensively. He stands off his man and does little to stop crosses coming in. His positioning is also a bit iffy at times.

Back
Top Bottom