We have to change formation...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need 5-3-1, but to do that we need someone you can hold the ball up, have some pace and be strong in the air upfront We don't one of those. Just plenty of midgets.

We would piss midget throwing competition though.

We need 5-3-1, but to do that we need someone you can hold the ball up, have some pace and be strong in the air upfront We don't one of those. Just plenty of midgets.

We would piss midget throwing competition though.
Two goalkeepers ?

No chance, he will go with Robinson, Ahmedhodzic and Trusty with U21 players on the bench. 3-5-2 is ingrained in this club. We cannot play 4-4-2. We do not have the personal to play it and remember when Slav tried it - disaster. Fact is Hecky will always stick to 3-5-2 - he thinks it makes us compact and compete.
The fact is also, we defend that often that the 3-5-2 quickly becomes 5-3-2, at which point our midfield get overrun.

I think we should be going 4-4-2 / 4-5-1 to try something different to get us out of a current rut. I don't think we should completely abandon 3-5-2 or discount 5-4-1 or 4-3-3 as options. We desperately need fluidity and confidence in being able to move to different systems depending on context. We're too predictable and other teams get comfortable playing against us.

We were being overrun in midfield, couldn't get our strikers involved, and having the area behind our wing backs exploited every time they stepped forward before Bash got injured. We had the opportunity to change systems and didn't. That was the disappointing thing for me. Every manager and player understands 4-4-2, but we lacked bravery to go there after Newcastle.

The wing backs are often exposed because the wide midfielders can't get across quick enough.

We need to drop to a striker to a 4 in the middle. Get compact first and stop shipping so many chances.

Wes
Bogle - Anel - Trusty - Robbo - Larouci
Slimane - Souza - Hamer - Macca
Mcburnie

Back
Top Bottom