We are Sheffield United

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

tomtheblade

Reaction score
We are not Ched Evans.

We are not a one man team.

We are Simonsen, Maguire, Collins, Lowton, Hill, Quinn, Williamson, McDonald, Doyle, Cresswell and Flynn, and we have been all season. And Danny Wilson is our manager.

So Evans has been found guilty. Whether we like it or not this is the case and in my opinion we should not support him. Innocent until proven guilty yes, so we were right to stick by him. But he's been found guilty by a court of law, and it does the fans, the club and the team no good to tear itself apart over one player. We should move on.

Its now our chance to prove that we are Sheffield UNITED. We're taking 6000 fans down to MKDons tomorrow, let's raise the roof in support of the lads and be the extra man to get the result we need.

We have the best manager to ensure that the team remains professional, we have 3 games remaining to win promotion back to the championship. Let's do it.

Chin up guys.

Well said tomtheblade

But lets not get away from the fact that Ched has scored a third of our goals this season and has been a key player throughout.

I have said for a while that Collins is a more important player to us. Lets hope thats the case.

It sounds that the Club and the other players didn't expect this, the players and manager have talked about unity, about the togetherness in the last few weeks, I wonder how it will affect them. Surely some will be closer to Ched than others, will it create divisions of opinion?

Whatever happens, tomorrow was always going to be a big game, but now the players have to pull together without the in form No.9. Hoskins, BT, Flynn O'Halloran, Porter, whoever, someone needs to step in and step up.

Mr Wilson, you have one hell of a team talk at 14:50 tomorrow!

Agree with that Swiss. The eyes of the nation will be swivelling to MK tomorrow now. Very important players and fans go about things in a calm and professional manner, but if one man has the ability to get on with things quietly and absorb the pressure I think we have him in place.

Agree with that Swiss. The eyes of the nation will be swivelling to MK tomorrow now. Very important players and fans go about things in a calm and professional manner, but if one man has the ability to get on with things quietly and absorb the pressure I think we have him in place.

I think so. I think tomorrow needs to be about football, about Sheffield United and about getting the remaining goals and points that we need to seal promotion. Ched has played his part and no doubt a major part, but its the manager and team that are eligible to play at MK Dons tomorrow that need to get together and forget the media and unwanted attention.

I bet the hotel where the club are staying is a very solemn place right now.

I think so. I think tomorrow needs to be about football, about Sheffield United and about getting the remaining goals and points that we need to seal promotion. Ched has played his part and no doubt a major part, but its the manager and team that are eligible to play at MK Dons tomorrow that need to get together and forget the media and unwanted attention.

I bet the hotel where the club are staying is a very solemn place right now.
As an old Blade who is not at all surprised with the verdict I have to say I have enjoyed the above posts.
At least we have the right manager in place to control this situation and I suspect that Danny will not be surprised by the result and will have already worked out his plan to cover this situation.
We will as usual be fighting odds stacked against us and with nearly 6000 fans there tomorrow including 4 from here we need to go postively and provide the team with full support.
What concerns me is the unclean supporters rubbing their miserable hands with glee.
At the end of the day it is a sad reflection on society that these things happen.The folk involved are someones daughter ,sister, brother or son,how will they cope.
UTB

Good posts from all. I'll be there tomorrow to support SUFC, a family club for, men, women and kids, a club that has a great chance of promotion, has a manager who has been everything our welsh striker has proved not to be, a set of players who are good enough to finish the job.

In the eyes of the law a woman got raped and that has to be respected. Let us show some class

This is nott about promotion for either club, lives are ruined

We are indeed Sheffield United, the very same Sheffield United that played 6 league games at the start of the season without a certain Mr C Evans.

Of those 6 league games, we won 5 and drew 1.

That's all.

Agreed. We are a football club, and a family club. Let's concentrate on the game and get past outside events, which i might add are beyond our control. I know that is hard for the players in particular as no doubt a friend of theirs has been sent down, but it is the fans who are the heart and soul of this club, and the players as professionals should play for that.

And I hope any moronic fans trying to start Ched-related chants are quickly drowned out by the rest of the fans and/or thrown out of the ground.

Charlton fan here wishing you the best for the remainder of the season. Every club has its morons, but the reaction of most Blades today has done you (& the city, actually) credit.

Appreciated. It has been a difficult day for all with an interest in SUFC, but it should not be forgotten about those whose lives will never be the same again.

Tomorrow, all eyes are on SUFC, particularly it's fans. Any moronic comments from others about SUFC not deserving promotion over the Ched incidents will be given a basis if the SUFC fans chant his name tomorrow - don't do it, folks! Sing about Super Willy Hoskins instead. We show tomorrow that we are SUFC, we show tomorrow that our supporters are the best in the land because we support the team and, with a little bit of luck, we'll be celebrating at 5pm - even if that is a bit unlikely!

Tomorrow, all eyes are on SUFC, particularly it's fans. Any moronic comments from others about SUFC not deserving promotion over the Ched incidents will be given a basis if the SUFC fans chant his name tomorrow - don't do it, folks! Sing about Super Willy Hoskins instead. We show tomorrow that we are SUFC, we show tomorrow that our supporters are the best in the land because we support the team and, with a little bit of luck, we'll be celebrating at 5pm - even if that is a bit unlikely!

Chant?

"We are not just a one man team"

Very best of luck tomorrow. This really is the biggest game in the club's history for if we balls it up now I can't see us getting out of this league anytime thereafter, so let's give it all we've got as fans to support the club, players, manager et al at this difficult time.

Plaudits to all of u. its obvious u guys are not part of the mob who sings THAT SONG about Ched which makes the rest of us hang our heads in shame.

we've moved on from some pretty awful stuff in our time. those lads arent going to let a seasons work go to waste. we're going back where we belong and it starts with tmw.

give them a cheer for me. they will deliver.

For me three 0-0 draws will see us promoted.

Wednesday are not going to get 9 points, so if he don't concede a goal we'll get up.

it may bring us together-it may not.
but the way danny has hushed away evans` case in the past has put a concentrate on the team-he`s not an over the top manager,and has not shown much sway in emotion all season long.
the most important thing is that the players will need no telling tommorow about the importance of the game,and im sure that the lads will have mixed feelings over the outcome of today-as you would in respect.
the game tommorow could get us promoted,simple,whoever gets the nod upfront will,im sure will do the job-the strength of the team will show tommorow simple as,but dont fret,im sure the lads will be well up for it.

The players will have been shocked and stunned like us, but now with the likes of Morgs, Quinny and Beattie, they will be being hyped up, ready to play, to win, and to shut critics up.

The players will have been shocked and stunned like us, but now with the likes of Morgs, Quinny and Beattie, they will be being hyped up, ready to play, to win, and to shut critics up.

Ive told you all before Morgan will not play ever again bar a testimonial.

Doesn't stop him being influential in the dressing room. I expect United, rightly or wrongly, to be out to win for their teammate tomorrow.

I expect United to go out to win because they should be wanting to win every game. Regardless of whatever is happening off the field.

Kentblade...well we will be there too...been a long time since I bumped into you at lotus rd...hope all is well..tough match tomorrow..that has not changed...fingers crossed..

We ARE Sheffield United and this doesn't spell the end of our promotion push.

It was unlikely Ched would've been here next year so let's look at this as preparing for the fresh start which will come when we start next season in the Championship.

6000 Blades tomorrow can be more than a 12th man, we've done it all season - supporting the Blades, our 11 man team. Let's not stop that now. Whoever lines up at MK tomorrow must get the full backing of every Unitedite there. Forget, if you can, what has happened today for just 90 minutes, put it out your minds because the players have to.

3 points tomorrow may be enough, it may not, but it's the perfect start to the end of our season.

Let's show the footballing nation exactly why we're the greatest supporters in the country.

UTB.

We are Sheffield united, this sort of thing (controversy, scandal) is what we do...

Back
Top Bottom