Warnock: We're not whingers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

rotherhamblade

Reaction score
Neil Warnock has suggested his Sheffield United players need to complain more to get decisions in their favour.

The Blades boss is upset that several key decisions have gone against his team this season since the club's return to The Premiership.

Warnock wonders whether it is due to the fact that his players do not hound the referee after contentious moments in a game.

"I think I once said I wish we would swarm round the referee," Warnock told Sky Sports News.

"But we don't, like the penalty incident against Everton, he gets whacked, doesn't go down and we don't get the advantage like Fowler's penalty in the Liverpool game where he gives the advantage and then brings it back.

"We've come up against a few decisions in the same situation that haven't gone for us, but we don't get anybody complaining.

"Claude Davis got pushed in the back for the first goal at Everton, but nobody ran to the referee or complained, or anything like that.

"We leave it up to the official and hope the official sees what we do.

"It's probably me biting my tongue at times because I see a lot of other teams, a lot of other players and think what would happen because it would not be the same reaction as what my lads do."

Warnock also reflected on last week's touchline bust-up between West Ham United boss Alan Pardew and Arsenal chief Arsene Wenger.

He added: "You've got to be a manager to understand the elation and deflation of those two managers.

"I don't think people from the outside, no disrespect to the rule makers,
understand what happensin the game."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=427814&CPID=8&clid=49&lid=3&title=Warnock:+We're+not+whingers

wouldnt that just mean more bookings?

Back
Top Bottom