Visiting Motherwell fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Errrr, you're forgetting a certain current Blades shining star...
_45206894_chrisporter282.jpg

Porter actually tried to trap that ball.

Golden Lion for me but I think its going to be the Shakespeare on Saturday for a change

How's it going?

A group of 4 of us Motherwell FC boys are coming down for game against Barnsely this coming Saturday to see big Michael Higdon, and Murphy bossing it down south.

Couple of questions that I was hoping you could help me out with?

What woukd you say would be the best place for us to sit? Currently looking at the south stand but we're struggling to get 4 seats together in sections 2 or 3. Was kinda hoping we'd get somewhere near the halfway line. How are the views from the kop stand?

Hoping to get in early to Sheffield so was wondering if there were any decent boozers that would be alright with us in our Motherwell tops close to the station?

Cheers. Mon the Higgy!

My dear chaps . Can you bring your first team physiotherapist , Aileen Anderson , with you. i will leave it up to you about Kenny Black and Stuart Mc,

UTB

Wow you have been away a long time The Sportsman has been shut down ages, The Cricketers is a shit hole and the next on Bramall lane The Railway used to only let in pass holders don't know if that is still the case ? There is always the Sheaf View further up the lane, same beer as the Golden Lion but a fair bit cheaper.

I used to have a pass for the Railway, but I don't think they've asked for passes for quite a while now.

I agree the Sheaf View is a fine pub, but its probably too far away from the Lane in the other direction for our visiting Jock friends.

"Note that there are no pubs on Shoreham St, the Kop end of the ground."

Could be completely wrong on this but I could have sworn somebody has told me recently that they've been supping on a new bar on Shoreham Street. Didn't sink in at the time but vaguely recall after thinking 'wait on a boozer on Shoreham Street, that can't be reet.' Anybody confirm?

I like the Royal Standard, good atmosphere on game days & it has a hatch for for lobbing grub thru - classy!

Cheers for the replies. We've managed to get seats in the back of section 4, no idea if it's G or H as a lot of you seem to be suggesting but it's definitely near the away end so the atmosphere should be pretty good.

Hoping that Higdon puts in a performance on the day. He was a bit of slow burner for us as well but his ability in finding the net was always pretty evident. He quickly became a fan favourite up north with his goals and his never back down attitude. Hes good with the ball on both feet and a monster in the air. Hes a big boy but I wouldn't really say he was ever overweight, don't get me wrong things may have changed but he always looked a lot bulkier than he ever really was.

Glad Murphy has been doing a job for you lot. He showed a lot of promise at Fir Park as a youngster before stalling after about a 2/3 years of regular first team football, it never really looked like he could develop any further where he was.

Anyway hoping to have a good day out and a good solid win for the blades with a few goals from the ex Motherwell boys. If you see us walking aimlessly about be sure to point us in the right direction.

"Note that there are no pubs on Shoreham St, the Kop end of the ground."

Could be completely wrong on this but I could have sworn somebody has told me recently that they've been supping on a new bar on Shoreham Street. Didn't sink in at the time but vaguely recall after thinking 'wait on a boozer on Shoreham Street, that can't be reet.' Anybody confirm?
It's bar 192 on the other side of St Mary's gate he big corner building

higgyshavingaparty Motherwell seem to be struggling at the moment. Conceding TWO GOALS TO MICHAEL O'HALLORAN last night! Five losses in a row! Oh Dear!

Another thing, it baffles me how the Higgosaurus can never get off the ground and still score loads of goals even though he looks like he weighs as much as an elephant!

Anyway enjoy coming to watch the mighty Blades hammer a small suburb

UTB

Last edited:
Good to meet you boys today; I was the one after the match who followed you into the Rutland through the side door.

For your information the train has just left Derby.

Saw you in the south stand partying
highlight of the match for me

So you came all the way from Scotland to watch Higdon, but he was injured. Typical. I hope he pays for your tickets. :D

We saw the lads in the Rutland post match, hope they've had a good weekend regardless. Top lads for making the effort, just a shame the man was injured and you picked a Blades loss.

Walked past you lot outside the platinum suite today. I was mentioning to my uncle that we had some Motherwell fans & you overheard us.

that was me haha

Back
Top Bottom