Player Suggestion Viktor Johansson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I the games I've seen him I've not been impressed
I'll be honest i have never seen him play.

But according to alot of our resident experts on here he seems across between Banks, Shilton and Schmeichel so I say get him in..
I wasn't aware we had such goalkeeping experts on here though.

To make sure you get the (last / only) milk
Why do folk offer / pay over the asking price for a house?

Because houses don’t have release clauses and the owners can sell for whatever amount they like, providing someone is willing to pay.

If a player has a £1m release clause his club has to sell him for that, they can’t try and hold out for a bigger fee. If a club is stupid enough to come along and offer £10m it doesn’t make it any more likely that they’ll end up signing the player. If the player wants to join the club who only offered £1m then the selling club has no choice but to sell him to them. They can’t choose to sell him to the club offering £10m instead.

As I said before, if a club is willing to spend more they’d be much better off putting that money towards a bigger signing on bonus for the player. Once the release clause has been met then it’s all down to who the player wants to join, the selling club has no further say.

I'll be honest i have never seen him play.

But according to alot of our resident experts on here he seems across between Banks, Shilton and Schmeichel so I say get him in..
I wasn't aware we had such goalkeeping experts on here though.
im no expert but do record and watch the championship highlights every week and hes been making brilliant saves all season anybody is better than grbic hes just hopeless personally i would like to see us sign johannsen wes to sign a new contract and let them fight for the keepers jersey

I’m just surprised we didn’t manage this.

We could have given them Davies on loan who has played 150+ Champ games and some much needed cash.

They were never staying up and now they will be forced to accept less.

Yet we ended up going for a total
unknown when an obvious choice was on our doorstep.

Reminds me of when Kevin Davies was down the road at Chesterfield and we never bothered.

It just seemed so obvious.

He was our youth player but we released him when he was 16.

I had a good chat with his auntie and sister at Farm Road social club last week.
Yes I think we had two players called Kevin Davies around that time.

Did we ever go back in for him, do you know?

Didn't talk about that, Kevin's dad, Cyril, played for Sheffield Deaf and played for GB at the 1965 Deaflympics in Washington DC. They showed photos I had not seen before such as the one of him and Derek Dooley who managed Birley Amateurs, Cyril played for them too. I got Kevin's sister and auntie to meet 2 ex Sheffield Deaf players who played in the same team as Cyril. Cyril passed away around 2005.
FB_IMG_1713540359999.jpg

Yes I think we had two players called Kevin Davies around that time.

Never officially, we spoke to his agent a couple of times. He’d have been keen on the way up and on the way down but he thought (rightly) that we were below him when he was at his peak.

He always considered himself ‘a Blade’ though and still does.

I had a good chat with his auntie and sister at Farm Road social club last week.
Could be said ! One who slipped through the net.!
Just shows how difficult it is when young lads reach the stage when a decision has to be made .All clubs with academy's have this problem and its easy to get it wrong.I must say though we havnt done badly on this score as we have picked up a number of gems after there release from there clubs.
Don't think we have lost out on many we have released,
Mccabe made the biggest blunder letting Kyle Walker go for peanuts( make weight) in the deal with spurs. I bet he still thinks about that one.Harry Maguire was beyond our control for a start he was a pig and was refusing to sign a new one we were led to beleave.

Could be said ! One who slipped through the net.!
Just shows how difficult it is when young lads reach the stage when a decision has to be made .All clubs with academy's have this problem and its easy to get it wrong.I must say though we havnt done badly on this score as we have picked up a number of gems after there release from there clubs.
Don't think we have lost out on many we have released,
Mccabe made the biggest blunder letting Kyle Walker go for peanuts( make weight) in the deal with spurs. I bet he still thinks about that one.Harry Maguire was beyond our control for a start he was a pig and was refusing to sign a new one we were led to beleave.
Loved Bassett but our youth policy was poor during his years with us. He did give debuts to Dane Whitehouse and Mitch Ward but both were signed by the club when McEwan was our manager. I didn't think much of Keith Mincher who was our youth coach for 8 years. I struggle to think of any youngsters we signed between 1988 and 1995 that played more than 10 1st team games for us. Letting Kevin Davies go was a big oversight.

Never officially, we spoke to his agent a couple of times. He’d have been keen on the way up and on the way down but he thought (rightly) that we were below him when he was at his peak.

Used to watch him at Saltergate when he emerged. Was actually a bit of a skill player with plenty of mobility back then, amazing considering he ended up at Bolton being an orthodox target man.

Used to watch him at Saltergate when he emerged. Was actually a bit of a skill player with plenty of mobility back then, amazing considering he ended up at Bolton being an orthodox target man.

Was a good player. Did well at Southampton first time around with David Hirst. Remember he got that move to Blackburn and they were toxic at the time and paid a lot of money, shortly after Shearer left. I think that ruined him.

Big Sam really ressurected him from the dead. He was at Millwall on loan and going nowhere before that.

What a difference a decent keeper might have made today for United...

Never mind. Cheap and cheerful Blades, always the way.

yeah made a great save at the end no brainer imo to try and get this guy in grbic has to go i would like to see wes stay and the pair of em compete for the shirt

If there would be a genuine competition between Wes and Johansson, what does that tell you about the quality of Johansson?

If there would be a genuine competition between Wes and Johansson, what does that tell you about the quality of
i think wes gets harsh criticism on here no hes not a premier league keeper but for me hes a good championship keeper yes johannsen would be first choice if he came in just think its about time we had 2 keepers competing for the spot

Looking forward to next season and Grbic doing what Aynsley Pears did yesterday.

I wonder what the ref was wispering in his ear ?

I had a good chat with his auntie and sister at Farm Road social club last

I had the pleasure of playing alongside him when I was playing for brunsmeer, was a friendly/trial against Bolton! I played left wing and supplied a few crosses for him to put away - he was different class to everyone else on the pitch and I knew he’d make it as a footballer (injuries etc withstanding) as he had the right attitude ( a bit cocky but with reason). Always followed his career after and yeah he’s a Blade.

I remember him playing for Sheffield fc when he was 15/16?

Wes must really rate himself to have not signed a deal if one was offered.

He was lucky to get a top Championship gig.

There are no superlatives created to describe him starting the season as the first pick for one of the top 20 teams in the country.

Is he holding out for a Real Madrid or PSG spot to come available?

He should have been signing that printout before the ink had dried!

There are no superlatives created to describe him starting the season as the first pick for one of the top 20 teams in the country.

Think the problem is a lot of the players would feel hard done by.

They got promoted and no contracts were handed out. I understand some will say well it’s their job etc.

But nearly every player who’s got promoted and is in the starting line up would get at least a contract extension and not be left to run down a 12 month contract.

Look I know we are rubbish but we really haven’t exactly inspired our players to do well.

Think the problem is a lot of the players would feel hard done by.

They got promoted and no contracts were handed out. I understand some will say well it’s their job etc.

But nearly every player who’s got promoted and is in the starting line up would get at least a contract extension and not be left to run down a 12 month contract.

Look I know we are rubbish but we really haven’t exactly inspired our players to do well.
I think they automatically get an uptick in their deals.

I guess its up to us if we see them there beyond their agreed deals.

Wes would be ok in the Champ though so we’ve given us a challenge we may not have necessarily needed.

He'd rather be a premier league number 2 or play abroad. He won't be in the championship next season.

I might or might not have heard a rumour that we sent someone to the New York to take a look at one of the goalkeepers on show Saturday.

Allegedly..........

Back
Top Bottom