Roy's View From... View From The Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Call me mad, but I think Burnley are the most likely to drop out of the 3 promoted teams. The way they play will leave them wide open and they'll ship a lot of goals, as others have said - Norwich-esque.

Us and Luton might not be as flashy but we'll be tough to break down.

I’ve said the same a few times.
Some fans think, oooh Burnley have Vincent Kompany, so they must be good or they will play the Man City way so must be good.
but anyone with a football brain who ignores the hype knows football doesn’t work like that.

I see similarities with Burnley and the Norwich team that came up under Farke.
The Norwich fans were saying it’s the best brand of attacking football they’ve ever seen Norwich play, they were understandably giving it large.
When NC clicked they were beating teams 5-0 in the Championship creating loads of chance home and away.
The Norwich fans were so confident they’d stay up…..with some even predicting a top half finish.
However they played the same open attacking style in the Prem, they won a lot of friends, played entertaining football
but were far too open and lost 5-2 most weeks.

I think back to how Burnley tried to take on Man City in the FA cup last year, they were positive but ended up losing 6-0.
Wouldn’t surprise me if Burnley do another Norwich……they’ll either finish comfortable mid table or finish bottom.

Regards us and Luton. Unlike Wilder, Hecky is a more pragmatic negative manager but think this will actually help us this season
Think we’ll be set up to defend in numbers and rely on counter attacks and set pieces
and to be honest (based on last season) both Sheff Utd and Luton have superb defences when they sit back and park the bus.
Its not nice to watch but think many PL teams will find it difficult to score goals against us and Luton.
The question is how can Sheff Utd and Luton create chances to score goals.

Thanks Roy. Although I respect their views, I refuse to take anything Mr Richard "hairy hands" Keys has to say seriously.

Call me mad, but I think Burnley are the most likely to drop out of the 3 promoted teams. The way they play will leave them wide open and they'll ship a lot of goals, as others have said - Norwich-esque.

I agree, if we can hold out with the ‘tough to break down’ style of play until the end of the TW then, with the correct additions, it’s possible we can survive.

UTB !

Luton showed against Man City what will happen if they try and play their way. I think they'll be like Leeds the first season they went up and possibly surprise a couple of teams early in the season, then it will just be a case of whether they have enough points on the board to stay up. If they stay up they'll lose Kompany and then they're screwed.

🎶 "He put Roy's View From on the wall
They said that we were gash
Selling our best players
Still fucking strapped for cash

Now we've got Vinny Souza
Hamer, Doyle could be next
Speaking of Vinny Souza
He'd wreck your ringpiece during sex
Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole Ole, Ole Ole Ole
Ole Ole Ole.

Pocket-size Traore
He'll bang in 30 just this season
Also Yasser Larouci
For some fucking reason.

So all you pundit wankers
Who say we're out of luck
Suck my balls and tongue my arsehole
The titles ours, you can get fucked
Ole Ole Ole etc " 🎶

I think you need to look a little further than Sid Vicious for song writing inspiration .;)

Be singing Brad Cunninghams barmy army by the end of the season
Thats Brad followed on xshitter. A pundit researching some evidence and justifying their rationale - whats the world coming to

Do you not get depressed putting them together Roygbiv ? It'd have me on the happy pills.

Always appreciate your sacrifice though ;)

You can probably guess how this goes

He stuck the paper on the wall.........

Benjamin Bloom, he's a great lad, likes us a lot, but... Gives an honest assessment tbh.

"Paul Heckingbottom, Rob Edwards and who's that other manager who I don't think was a World Class player or my mate? They'll go down." Jamie Carragher, Sky Sports

Needs to stick to spitting on people the scruffy scouse wank stain..

Selling our best players

Speaking of Vinny Souza
Ole Ole Ole.

Pocket-size Traore
Also Yasser Larouci
For some fucking reason.

Ole Ole Ole etc " 🎶

Did you also write - the long and winding road- ?

Did you also write - the long and winding road- ?

McCartney plagiarised that song from me. It's working-title was originally 'The Long And Fucking Cunt', but apparently it wasn't deemed 'radio friendly' at the time.

I hate the music business man, it's all politics.

i dont blame them in the slightest Roygbiv because its only in the last 24-48 hrs that us fans have gone from no chance to some chance. & if we dont have confidence in surviving & we are the ones that know the most about our situation. then we cant get annoyed at the media who will look at it & think we are a favourite to go straight back down

then add to it, paul heckingbottom isnt an exciting name, even though i wouldnt change him for anyone & id keep him in his job regardless how the next 9 months goes.

Last edited:
McCartney plagiarised that song from me. It's working-title was originally 'The Long And Fucking Cunt', but apparently it wasn't deemed 'radio friendly' at the time.

I hate the music business man, it's all politics.
I had the same problem with the 4 funerals and a wedding script wot I did wrote . Bastard Curtis

Sad to see no Garth Crooks in there.

He was on a vendetta against us last time round picking us to lose week in week out until we looked like claiming a European spot.

Then of course he started picking us to win and in which we then started to fall away.

Thanks Roy.

No surprises there, but I really think we might upset a few apple carts this season.

Selling our best players

Speaking of Vinny Souza
Ole Ole Ole.

Pocket-size Traore
Also Yasser Larouci
For some fucking reason.

Ole Ole Ole etc " 🎶

Sounds ideal for when carra and neville are within earshot

Benjamin Bloom, he's a great lad, likes us a lot, but... Gives an honest assessment tbh.

I don't think anyone can really be surprised with people saying we will go down. Every bit of logic points to it but hopefully we get a few signings in next week and really give it a go. A point today would be fantastic

Average football pundit - “Who came up in second and who won the playoffs? I’ll pick them, me. Remind me again who they are, I don’t watch the Championship.”

The team in second place are always treated like the middle child. I think the more we go under the radar, the more it works to our advantage.

Thanks Roy.

Love those comments and predictions. This is our motivator.

This is what we've had from the 'those who know the game' right the way back to Bassett's days.

Back
Top Bottom