Roy's View From... View From The Media

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score
You can probably guess how this goes

This’ll be fun!!!

No surprises in that lot they all reckon it is about how much you spend. I say there are half a dozen teams in the Prem not much better than top end Championship clubs they just have more squad depth. Although we have made the task harder for ourselves by throwing the first month of the season down the shitter. In Hecky we trust.

I remember reading lots of stuff like this in 2019 and thinking, you fuckers are in for a right shock.

This time around I'm thinking - Yep, that's about right. Really hope I'm wrong though

That Meakin fella needs a clip eh Roy?

Gerrem pinned up on the wall Hecky 👍

Agree with every word.

If we judge the team on what we had a few days ago then using logic we should finish bottom.
I‘m optimistic but even I‘m convinced this current squad is relegation bound.

However we’re having a really weird transfer policy this year where we’ve left things so late.
We’ve identifed some good players and are just staying patient.

Suspect when the window shuts we’ll have a far far stronger squad, so all those comments from the media will be out of date and will need revising.

Last edited:
Agree with every word.

If we judge the team on what we had a few days ago then using logic we should finish bottom.
I‘m optimistic but even I‘m convinced this current squad is relegation bound.

However we’re having a really weird transfer policy this year where we’ve left things so late.
We’ve identifed some good players and are just staying patient.

Suspect when the window shuts we’ll have a far far stronger squad, so all those comments from the media are out of date and will need revising.
I can see where you are coming from and hope you are right. The Doyle rumour being true would be a great start

Not directly us but "Luton won't have the players to last a gruelling season" got me. Tell me you've never watched the Championship without telling me you've never watched the Championship.

Agree Richard Keys obviously hasn’t seen Luton.
They remind me of the old Wimbledon from the 80’s.
Luton (like Wimbledon) don’t look good and don’t play an attractive style but they are so tough to play against.

They are a much better team than people think.
Suspect loads of PL teams and their fans will underestimate them and Luton will pick up a lot of points before Christmas.
Everytime a team play Luton their fans comments will be “worse performance in years, can’t believe we lost to a team as poor Luton.

Once the penny drops that Luton are decent and other PL clubs give them respect, then Luton will slide towards the bottom
but wouldn’t be surprised if they stay up, probably worth a bet.

Agree Richard Keys obviously hasn’t seen Luton.
They remind me of the old Wimbledon from the 80’s.
Luton (like Wimbledon) don’t look good and don’t play an attractive style but they are so tough to play against.

They are a much better team than people think.
Suspect loads of PL teams and their fans will underestimate them and Luton will pick up a lot of points before Christmas.
Everytime a team play Luton their fans comments will be “worse performance in years, can’t believe we lost to a team as poor Luton.

Once the penny drops that Luton are decent and other PL clubs give them respect, then Luton will slide towards the bottom
but wouldn’t be surprised if they stay up, probably worth a bet.

Call me mad, but I think Burnley are the most likely to drop out of the 3 promoted teams. The way they play will leave them wide open and they'll ship a lot of goals, as others have said - Norwich-esque.

Us and Luton might not be as flashy but we'll be tough to break down.

Isn’t it better that they all, bar one, think we are a write off ? Indeed there are some on here who have written us off !
Once all our new players are in and settled I think there may be a few changing their views !
My lucky number is 7, but given we are not going that high, then I go for 16th.

So what I read from that is inconclusive and the jury is still out, right?

Call me mad, but I think Burnley are the most likely to drop out of the 3 promoted teams. The way they play will leave them wide open and they'll ship a lot of goals, as others have said - Norwich-esque.

Us and Luton might not be as flashy but we'll be tough to break down.
Flashy ? Wait till we have completed our signings !

Less of the sensible shit mate were going darrrrrrn apparently ---
Sheffield United is they have a structure and system that can work in the Premier League. They’re perfectly fine not having the ball and they’ve showed the ability to defend, allowing only 0.89 xG per 90 minutes in the Championship and most importantly allowing the fewest xG off of set pieces.So, with a system that can work in the Premier League and an incredibly solid defense, they aren’t significantly worse than most of the teams in the bottom half of the table. So, I like the price on Sheffield United to stay up at +120.”

"Paul Heckingbottom, Rob Edwards and who's that other manager who I don't think was a World Class player or my mate? They'll go down." Jamie Carragher, Sky Sports

Back
Top Bottom