View from PNE

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The over-the-line-or-not controversy wasn't shown on The Football League Show which might say something, that something being that The Football League Show is in fact rubbish.
That twat Leroy Rosenior on there who comments on every game like he's watched them all in full.He can't possibly have done that between the end of the games and the start of the show,what a twat.

That twat Leroy Rosenior on there who comments on every game like he's watched them all in full.He can't possibly have done that between the end of the games and the start of the show,what a twat.

On MOTD they have two pundits and Lineker punditing on around seven matches, on average. On MOTD2 they often have three pundits punditing, on what may well be just two or three matches. On TFLS they have either Leroy Rosenior or Steve Claridge punditing on around seventy matches. Seventy! Like you say, there's no way he can have seen them all, end indeed the pundit doesn't pundit on all the games.

But if TFLS is on a bit later then that means they aren't really pushed in the tellt listings, so couldn't they have it on a bot longer and get a bit more detail? TFLS suffers from the usual BBC bias towards the Rich Twats League.

Well, they do seem certain it was over the line. With the whole of the pitch between me and Howard's goal, and with red & white spectacles perched on my nose, I can safely say it was a brilliant save. Might have been a touch over the line, but still a brilliant save!

Didn't go to the match, haven't seen it on any reports, but I can tell you with absolute clarity that it never crossed the line.........

Tricky black winger?!!!!!!!! Dear me! As opposed to our tricky white pastey skinned Scottish one!! Some people.

Not only that JCR has been around for donkeys years, surely he's heard of him.

The comment should've been "Can't believe how many times Campbell-Ryce did our full back, can't believe he's still playing - he's gotta be 40!"

Meant to put seventy teams. Well spotted, you win today's prize. Ask Foxy. :D
I would totally let you off, but your comparison was to 7 matches on MotD and 2 or 3 matches on MotD2. If you substitute teams, you've got one PL team lining up against no one at all on Saturday afternoon!

...unless it was a comment on Burnley's status as a 'Premier League' team :p

Didn't go to the match, haven't seen it on any reports, but I can tell you with absolute clarity that it never crossed the line.........

If you see the PNE official version of the highlights, it's on there, and for me it's not over. Howard stops the shot with his foot, which is definitely over the line, but it not by the 9 or so inches it would need to be to allow the whole of the ball to be over as well. Great save by what is quickly becoming a great keeper.

You've just summed up what is wrong with football in this country right there!
In that they're completely priced out of watching their team? They've been to watch Kendal a few times, but its not exactly a high standard.

If you see the PNE official version of the highlights, it's on there, and for me it's not over. Howard stops the shot with his foot, which is definitely over the line, but it not by the 9 or so inches it would need to be to allow the whole of the ball to be over as well. Great save by what is quickly becoming a great keeper.

Linky ?
Dont you have to be a paid up member to watch their player ?

Inconclusive.

The commentator was still catching up on Ben Davis number 1 and Ben Davis number 2 when it happened anyway.

Actually Law 2 of the Laws of Association Football states:

The ball is:
  • Spherical
  • Made of leather or other suitable material
  • Of a circumference of not more than 70 cm (28 ins) and not less than 68 cm (27 ins)
  • Of a pressure equal to 0.6 - 1.1 atmosphere (600 - 1,100 g/cm2) at sea level (8.5 lbs/sq in - 15.6 lbs/sq in)
Therefore for the ball to be fully over the line then it must have gone over by it's diameter. Since the circumfrance of the ball is equal to πD and therefore the diameter of a the ball is 8.51 to 8.94 inches over the line. Ask Mrs Mobile - half an inch IS important.

Actually Law 2 of the Laws of Association Football states:

The ball is:
  • Spherical
  • Made of leather or other suitable material
  • Of a circumference of not more than 70 cm (28 ins) and not less than 68 cm (27 ins)
  • Of a pressure equal to 0.6 - 1.1 atmosphere (600 - 1,100 g/cm2) at sea level (8.5 lbs/sq in - 15.6 lbs/sq in)
Therefore for the ball to be fully over the line then it must have gone over by it's diameter. Since the circumfrance of the ball is equal to πD and therefore the diameter of a the ball is 8.51 to 8.94 inches over the line. Ask Mrs Mobile - half an inch IS important.

It wasn't in then; let's hope Mrs Mobile doesn't say that.

Back
Top Bottom